The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natmay93
Ahh okay then, my other choices were keele and nottingham trent, but I heard Oxford Brookes is higher respected! erghhh its so annoying!
I suppose i have chosen now, so no turning back lol..
Good luck where ever you go :biggrin:

I heard that aswell but nottingham trent isnt bad either and i'd seen it, i was more comfortable goin there then somewhere i havent seen before.
lol i had originally gone for oxford brookes as my first choice but then i changed my mind to nottingham trent so i think im happy with this decision. well the ucas people said if u ring up the school they can decide whether to accept u or not if u change ur mind about it so there is always that option. lol (: x
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 761
Original post by kimberleyyx
I heard that aswell but nottingham trent isnt bad either and i'd seen it, i was more comfortable goin there then somewhere i havent seen before.
lol i had originally gone for oxford brookes as my first choice but then i changed my mind to nottingham trent so i think im happy with this decision. well the ucas people said if u ring up the school they can decide whether to accept u or not if u change ur mind about it so there is always that option. lol (: x

Yeaa thats fair enough! I haven't been too visit any uni's (ridiculous I know) ohh really, i suppose if i change my mind ill try that option lol :biggrin:
Reply 762
Anyone going to be doing Japanese at Brookes? Would be cool to meet people that I'll potentially be in a class with!
Original post by shnibbles
Anyone going to be doing Japanese at Brookes? Would be cool to meet people that I'll potentially be in a class with!

...I'm doing Japanese :smile:
...but combined w/ Computer Science.
Have you got facebook? You should join our group for Japanese applicants.
It's not a big group, but that's because there won't be a lot of us there.

...looks like we'll see you there in September then :smile:
Reply 764
Original post by BLu_REdEmTiON

So in your third year do u go abroad, or do u stay in england and finish ur degree? I did wonder how the combined w/ CS worked. Maybe i should of tried it
Original post by deek
So in your third year do u go abroad, or do u stay in england and finish ur degree? I did wonder how the combined w/ CS worked. Maybe i should of tried it

...what happens is I'll go abroad in the 3rd year in Japan, while missing out the 3rd year for CS, but since most people would probably do work placements anyway... I'll be with the same year/class as the CS folks :smile: (unless they just went straight to 3rd year).

...so this degree would take 4 years to complete. Trip to Japan is more important than anything else in the 3rd year XD
Reply 766
...what happens is I'll go abroad in the 3rd year in Japan, while missing out the 3rd year for CS, but since most people would probably do work placements anyway... I'll be with the same year/class as the CS folks :smile: (unless they just went straight to 3rd year).

...so this degree would take 4 years to complete. Trip to Japan is more important than anything else in the 3rd year XD

yeah maybe i should have done CS with japanese instead... sounds right up my street ah well I'll still be doing japanese
Reply 767

I joined :P I think... lol. Around 150~ members if I'm in the right one.
Original post by deek
yeah maybe i should have done CS with japanese instead... sounds right up my street ah well I'll still be doing japanese

...you can ring them up if you want, or I think you'll be able to on the freshman's week.

Original post by Harrk
I joined :P I think... lol. Around 150~ members if I'm in the right one.

...here's the link for Japanese applicants (there's only 9 of us, run by Nabu-San):
http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/161007603995627?view=info&__user=1698346090
Reply 769
...you can ring them up if you want, or I think you'll be able to on the freshman's week.

...here's the link for Japanese applicants (there's only 9 of us, run by Nabu-San):
http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/161007603995627?view=info&__user=1698346090

Shall join when I get home ^^
Reply 770
Anyone doing Master in International Management and International Relations???
Oxford Brookes is my insurance, but I think I may not get the grades to get into my firm. Obviously I hope I will get the grades for my firm but if I don't I think I'll still be happy at Oxford Brookes! I'm studying film :smile:
Original post by Kostas88
I am 23 too and i applied in clive booth postgraduate center as my first choice so don't worry there would be many others the same age with us! What r u gonna study there? Did you applied for accommodation?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I applied for Clive Booth en suite. Not PG. I want the Uni feel, It'll do me good to party a bit. :smile:

I was originally doing a joint honours course Human Bioscience and Anthropology, but I went down on the open day on June 9th and had a chat with the tutors, and found out that Human Biology would be better for my career choice, so went to talk with the admissions and looks like I'm doing Human Biology instead. :biggrin:

What you doing?
Original post by Kostas88
Hehehe thats good my friend! Hopefully i would not be the younger in the hall!! I will study the public health master so maybe we would take same modules!! :smile: whats is your second choice in the accom? I choose the 50 weeks contract due to the dissertation and i believe i choose wrong!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Second choice is Paul Kent, then Cheney.
We've got the subject matter in common, so who knows when we might bump into each other. :smile:
did anyone get the final offer-letter from OB?

'cause i didn't and i am starting to worrie a bit...
i've got the accomodation letter though,,,oO
My PIP password won't work! I know it's right because it's the one I've always used.

What can I do??

I don'y live near Oxford so I can't just go to the places it's telling me too!!! ¬_¬
Original post by CrazyPerson
My PIP password won't work! I know it's right because it's the one I've always used.

What can I do??

I don'y live near Oxford so I can't just go to the places it's telling me too!!! ¬_¬

Just call the university if there is an error.
Original post by Charlottay!
Just call the university if there is an error.

It fixed itself so it must have been a problem on their side.

All sorted and sccommodation accepted. Just can't wait to be down there now. :smile:
Reply 778
Hi everyone, I want to ask a question about our uni. Does OBU have a campus in Singapore? I have met a few people said they were living in Singapore and they were also studying at OBU too. I search on the internet, there is a institution called Brookes University in Singapore but does it have anything to do with OBU?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 779
Original post by sammynqh
Hi everyone, I want to ask a question about our uni. Does OBU have a campus in Singapore? I have met a few people said they were living in Singapore and they were also studying at OBU too. I search on the internet, there is a institution called Brookes University in Singapore but does it have anything to do with OBU?
Thank you :smile:

Yes, it has campus in Singapore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending