The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hass147
I'm considering leaving my University to go to Oxford Brookes to study BSc Computer Science because they have a far better employability rate than my current Uni.

Thing is I'm doing my foundation year at Kingston University and they offer pretty much the same Foundation Year at Oxford Brookes, so I'm going to ask them if they can accept the Computing Foundation Year that I'm doing at K.U in order to let me into the full Undergraduate program. I don't want this year to be a complete waste lol.

Do I have to pay the new post-2012 fees if they let me in? (Think it's probably worth it considering their more reputable acclaim)

Spoke to the course leader about this on the phone and she said definitely apply! :biggrin:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by StacFace
Yeah Brookes does have plenty of societies, but I was told on open day they don't really have any general events in the SU (e.g. they don't have any club nights/pub quizzes/bands playing/other nightime events in the SU itself that any student can go to without being part of a society). I'm sure the societies will still have their own events/nights out in Oxford, but I was after an SU with it's own nightlife side too. It depends what you want tbh, on the societies side it looks great.

Ahh ok I get what you mean :smile: I suppose though if you joined the SU and there was enough people wanting the same thing then it could easily be changed. The societies do look fantastic there's so many I want to join (thats if I get an offer haha)
Reply 62
Original post by Charlottie93
Ahh ok I get what you mean :smile: I suppose though if you joined the SU and there was enough people wanting the same thing then it could easily be changed. The societies do look fantastic there's so many I want to join (thats if I get an offer haha)

Yeah, I just don't want to take the risk or nobody else really caring when there are other unis I like just as much as Brookes that already have plenty of events running. If there weren't any other unis I liked as much I would still apply though, like I said only small things putting me off.
Yeah, I just don't want to take the risk or nobody else really caring when there are other unis I like just as much as Brookes that already have plenty of events running. If there weren't any other unis I liked as much I would still apply though, like I said only small things putting me off.

Ahh right ok :smile: what other unis are you applying for and for what course?
Reply 64
Original post by Charlottie93
Ahh right ok :smile: what other unis are you applying for and for what course?

I was going to be applying for Law and Psychology but don't think I'm as committed to Psychology as Law so just going to do Law now, when I was looking at doing both subjects Brookes was looking like a firm choice as it's the only uni I could find to offer a degree qualifying in both subjects in 3 years, meaning I could choose which to go into a little later without an added year.

I'm now applying to Oxford, Northumbria, Huddersfield, Plymouth and Sunderland. All seem to have pretty good active SUs (except Oxford, but they have JCR events which are pretty much the same thing but for the college instead of the uni) and I would be happy to attend any of them (although I do have preferences).
Reply 65
Applied to Oxford Brookes to do medical science :smile:
I was going to be applying for Law and Psychology but don't think I'm as committed to Psychology as Law so just going to do Law now, when I was looking at doing both subjects Brookes was looking like a firm choice as it's the only uni I could find to offer a degree qualifying in both subjects in 3 years, meaning I could choose which to go into a little later without an added year.

I'm now applying to Oxford, Northumbria, Huddersfield, Plymouth and Sunderland. All seem to have pretty good active SUs (except Oxford, but they have JCR events which are pretty much the same thing but for the college instead of the uni) and I would be happy to attend any of them (although I do have preferences).

Cool :smile: I'm from Sunderland originally so know both Sunderland Uni and Northumbria quite well both are quite nice looking unis. Good Luck! :smile:
Anyone appyling, I am appyling there to do either Politics and International relations which is BBC or economics, politics and international relations which is BCC.

What is everyonbe else doing and has anyone sent their UCAS off yet as I haven't and im worrying as I have heard some Unis are already giving out offers
Don't panic about sending it off. Some unis will just respond to offers as they receive applications. I would suggest doing it soon though so that you are well in the mix of applications for places.

There is another thread on here called Oxford brookes 2012. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1786576
might be worth posting in there
Applying for Motorsport Engineering MENG.
Original post by Guygp
Will be applying for Politics :smile:

Same!, Well kind of as I will be appyling to do the signle honours in Economics, Politics and International Relations.
heard nothing from brookes yet, one university I would like to be able to consider
Reply 72
Anyone been invited to an interview?
Reply 73
Has anyone got an letter to say they have your application? I haven't got one yet :frown:
Reply 74
I just applied for Japanese+Spanish.
Reply 75
I have just applied for Biology here. Anyone received any offers yet? I'm on ABB and this course is BBC and it's my insurance but I reallllyyyy like the look of the course and the uni so I am very tempted to put this as my firm! Can't make the open day and have never been so gonna visit in January
Reply 76
I haven't heard anything from them yet :frown: they are the only uni who haven't even emailed to say they've gotten my application!

Made me feel a little better that it's not just me!
Offer for motorsport engineering MENG
Reply 78
Original post by jpeacock7
I have just applied for Biology here. Anyone received any offers yet? I'm on ABB and this course is BBC and it's my insurance but I reallllyyyy like the look of the course and the uni so I am very tempted to put this as my firm! Can't make the open day and have never been so gonna visit in January

I got an offer on the 28th...haven't seen many other offers from them though
Don't panic about not receiving notification of application. I don't think i even got 1 for brookes.

Also it can take weeks/months for a response dependant on course and uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending