The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay, new thread! I noticed that very late. :p:

So I went on the date with this guy yesterday.
We played Airhockey and some pool.
We were having a couple of drinks.
We went for some takeaway.
We had a good time.
And...

I'm such a raging gay. There's not a single pore of me that wanted to hold his hand or kiss him, despite him being funny, attractive and a gentleman. Glad to still remain gay. :p: We ended up talking about various mishaps or stuff that happened with girls or general night outs. Was quite hilarious, actually.

So how was your Friday night, gays and bis? :smile:
Original post by lizk123
I guess you have two options. You could persuade him to come out on a night out with you, and show him how amazing it is etc. - and he might start to enjoy them more and come out with you. Or alternatively you just have to accept the fact that he doesn't want to come out, and just enjoy it yourself while he does what he likes to do.

I know how much it can suck, but at the same time, when I was at uni and went out with my girlfriend on nights out she'd always want to leave early and I'd go home with her when I really wanted to stay to enjoy the rest of the night. So I guess you could then be in this position if you make him come out with you, if he's not enjoying himself you might have to cut the night short.

Well like I said before, I don't mind if he tries it and doesn't like it, then I'd just go out with other people etc. It's the fact that he won't try it :sad:

Original post by Revd. Mike
The width is the distance from armpit to armpit in inches. Check carefully which type of shirt it is though, because the sizing can be a bit weird, for example American Apparel tees have slightly different sizing compared to Gildans.

Awesome, thanks! :awesome: So buying some now, student loan just came through! :biggrin:
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Yay, new thread! I noticed that very late. :p:

So I went on the date with this guy yesterday.
We played Airhockey and some pool.
We were having a couple of drinks.
We went for some takeaway.
We had a good time.
And...

I'm such a raging gay. There's not a single pore of me that wanted to hold his hand or kiss him, despite him being funny, attractive and a gentleman. Glad to still remain gay. :p: We ended up talking about various mishaps or stuff that happened with girls or general night outs. Was quite hilarious, actually.

So how was your Friday night, gays and bis? :smile:

You went on a date... with a guy? :awesome: :teeth: Guys are awesome :h: :tongue:

As for my Friday night:

-Got speaking to some girl who is from Burnage - that is such an awesome name for a place
-Got signed up to play "gay rugby".... not sure what to expect from that
-Met a crazy chinese fresher who hadn't drank before and then got turned away from most clubs in Canal Street
-Ended up in a lesbian club being a full time "lesbro" to a random group of girls
-Picked up a few more random girls and one really cute guy :tongue:
-Saw a ridiculously hot guy making out with someone ugly. Soul....crushed at the point :sad:
-Tried to speak to a French guy in French, but then realised I was speaking German. He still understood. Somewhat.
-Got a stupid amount of free shots in BaaBar because I was collecting everyones free shot wristbands :biggrin: Bartender did not approve but still served me :tongue:
Original post by neillya1
You went on a date... with a guy? :awesome: :teeth: Guys are awesome :h: :tongue:

As for my Friday night:

-Got speaking to some girl who is from Burnage - that is such an awesome name for a place
-Got signed up to play "gay rugby".... not sure what to expect from that
-Met a crazy chinese fresher who hadn't drank before and then got turned away from most clubs in Canal Street
-Ended up in a lesbian club being a full time "lesbro" to a random group of girls
-Picked up a few more random girls and one really cute guy :tongue:
-Saw a ridiculously hot guy making out with someone ugly. Soul....crushed at the point :sad:
-Tried to speak to a French guy in French, but then realised I was speaking German. He still understood. Somewhat.
-Got a stupid amount of free shots in BaaBar because I was collecting everyones free shot wristbands :biggrin: Bartender did not approve but still served me :tongue:

I think I was speaking in the unmentionable place about it for a bit, seeing as I kinda accidentally got myself into a date with him, but then figured I could actually consider it if possible. Yeah, not happening. I could provide several different ways to portray what's on my mind, but they all aren't very appropriate. :tongue:

"Gay rugby" sounds like an excuse to rub skin against skin in a heated frenzy.
Isn't Canal Street in Manchester? and if so, you probably ended up in Vanilla then or whatever it's called? Never been there, just heard about it. :p:
Sounded like a good night, though!

I am determined to hit the gay scene on Tuesday with our society. Apparently the lecturer I have on Wednesday mornings doesn't mind people turning up drunk to his practicals, as long as they turn up. :tongue:
I think I was speaking in the unmentionable place about it for a bit, seeing as I kinda accidentally got myself into a date with him, but then figured I could actually consider it if possible. Yeah, not happening. I could provide several different ways to portray what's on my mind, but they all aren't very appropriate. :tongue:

"Gay rugby" sounds like an excuse to rub skin against skin in a heated frenzy.
Isn't Canal Street in Manchester? and if so, you probably ended up in Vanilla then or whatever it's called? Never been there, just heard about it. :p:
Sounded like a good night, though!

I am determined to hit the gay scene on Tuesday with our society. Apparently the lecturer I have on Wednesday mornings doesn't mind people turning up drunk to his practicals, as long as they turn up. :tongue:

How do you manage to "kinda get yourself in to a date" with someone? :tongue:

Gay Rugby will be.... interesting (I won't go I don't think). Grabbing other mens balls in the scrum. No ta. Also I hate the idea of segregating "Gay sports" and "Everyone sports".... If I want to play rugby, I'll play with other people, not just gay guys.

Canal Street is Manchester :biggrin: And it was Vanilla! It's ok in there, cheap drinks! :tongue: (Too cheap :awesome: ).

Go for it, it'll be a laugh if nothing else! :biggrin: Our LGBTsoc is huuuuge, there were about 250 people last night! :eek:
Afternoon spammers. :colone:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Afternoon spammers. :colone:

:jumphug:

Long time no see!
How do you manage to "kinda get yourself in to a date" with someone? :tongue:

Gay Rugby will be.... interesting (I won't go I don't think). Grabbing other mens balls in the scrum. No ta. Also I hate the idea of segregating "Gay sports" and "Everyone sports".... If I want to play rugby, I'll play with other people, not just gay guys.

Canal Street is Manchester :biggrin: And it was Vanilla! It's ok in there, cheap drinks! :tongue: (Too cheap :awesome: ).

Go for it, it'll be a laugh if nothing else! :biggrin: Our LGBTsoc is huuuuge, there were about 250 people last night! :eek:

It was a combination of complete retardness on my side. Since he couldn't make it to the pub quiz, I told him that "he'd have to make it up to me sometime". That's how it happened. But he's a cool guy, so it was all cool.

I think exactly the same about this. Don't really like this segregation.

Ha! I'm good. :p: I need a Manchester night out once. And wow, about 250 people?! Holy ****! We were about 20 this week and I thought that's a lot. :p: It'll be a laugh, maybe the gal who I saved under "random pull" on my phone will show up too. Which would be immensely interesting as I forgot both her name and what she looks like.
:jumphug:

Long time no see!

:hugs:

How are you?
Which would be immensely interesting as I forgot both her name and what she looks like.

:rofl: Good luck! :tongue:
Let me know if you come to Manchester sometime :teeth: You can see the massive LGBTsoc in action :tongue:

Original post by Mad Vlad
:hugs:

How are you?

I'm good thanks :h: I think :h: Feel like freshers flu is kicking in :sad:
Yourself? :awesome:
Reply 190
Hey gays, how are we all? I forgot to multiquote along the way, but:

Jace: woo, congrats! Hope it's great.

Neil: would it be feasible to 'ease him into it', as it were, and graduate from going out for a meal followed by a few drinks, to going for the drinks without the meal to going to a more clubby place? It seems both realistic and in the spirit of this thread to add 'incentives'. :p: Hope things go well though.

In other news, I have two friends from school over, we went out last night and got drunk. One of us scared the other two by becoming bat**** insane delusional at the end of the night (he thought he was a chef at the hotel he works, and that there was glass in the food, and he was going to have to go to prison for five years, and was cleaning the kitchen of my apartment at 6am and not letting us near him, it was kinda dramatic). But all is well now.
Original post by dbmag9

In other news, I have two friends from school over, we went out last night and got drunk. One of us scared the other two by becoming bat**** insane delusional at the end of the night (he thought he was a chef at the hotel he works, and that there was glass in the food, and he was going to have to go to prison for five years, and was cleaning the kitchen of my apartment at 6am and not letting us near him, it was kinda dramatic). But all is well now.

How does one become insane temporarily!? :eek: Has he done this before?
Reply 192
I got a rejection letter today :frown:
And worst thing is now I have to go to work and tell people about it.
Today sucks.
Reply 193
Original post by Ars Ludicra
How does one become insane temporarily!? :eek: Has he done this before?

Apparently he got very drunk in Spain and thought he was a soldier at the end of the Spanish Civil War. But yeah, tbh I thought he must have been on pills or something, but apparently not.
Reply 194
:rofl: Good luck! :tongue:
Let me know if you come to Manchester sometime :teeth: You can see the massive LGBTsoc in action :tongue:

Thanks. :p:
I will let you know! That'd be cool. :ahee: Say, would you have a place for me to stay or know somewhere cheap where I could stay the night?
Thanks. :p:
I will let you know! That'd be cool. :ahee: Say, would you have a place for me to stay or know somewhere cheap where I could stay the night?

Well my floor is always free, but it's very very small :tongue:

This place is awesome and cheap :h:
Well my floor is always free, but it's very very small :tongue:

This place is awesome and cheap :h:

Cheers! Will keep this in mind. Will probably come down in early January as I won't have any exams going on then. You think you could show me around on a weekend then? :biggrin:
Cheers! Will keep this in mind. Will probably come down in early January as I won't have any exams going on then. You think you could show me around on a weekend then? :biggrin:

Sure :biggrin: I'll gather a group of people from the LGBTsoc to come out :h: Or they may even have an event on then! :h:
:facepalm: Just looked at my phone and I saved a number from last night as "Cute tall guy".....

I should really get names :tongue:

Latest