The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Fez
Aww, drink lots of water, an apple, and get well soon! :tongue:
Shall we start calling this behavior 'pulling a Sarah' then instead of 'pulling a Fez' from now on? :biggrin:
I'm not sure, I don't think it was frozen, but it might have been...

my head actually feels like its going to explode :frown: i want to sleep but i know if i do i'll never get up in the morning!
Reply 1981
I finally managed to get into the place that cannot exist, and there's no one there to greet me :nooo:
Original post by Gesar
I finally managed to get into the place that cannot exist, and there's no one there to greet me :nooo:

Probably because it's only 2pm, and it doesn't get busy usually until past 9 :tongue:
Original post by Gesar

Well people never go on until later at night.
Original post by The Fez
Haha close, just go north a bit and you'll find me. Think of coffee. :wink:

I'm applying to Queen's, so are you applying for Law with Law Studies in Europe then? :smile: Queen's sent me a couple of e-mails already from a week-ish ago, one was acknowledgment and the other one was pre-interview arrangement thingy for international student. :tongue:

Uhh...Indonesia...? Haha I don't know. :frown:

Yeah, I am, though I don't think I've really got much of a chance of getting in for that. :') It's ridiculously competitive and I'm not brilliant at French like other people probably are. I get automatically considered for the straight law degree though too if I don't get selected for that course so...somewhat more of a chance there (though still a small one as, well, it's Oxford :| ). And I still have no e-mail from New and it's the last day of October tomorrow! -.-
I should persuade parents they want to meet up for a weekend more often.

Hotels are AWESOME. Especially when they have a library.

I do however have 2000 words to do by Friday. Yuck.
oh god... mamma bear decided now would be a wonderful time to crack on with the hoovering.... someone take pity on me!
Original post by sarahsmurf
oh god... mamma bear decided now would be a wonderful time to crack on with the hoovering.... someone take pity on me!

*Takes pity* :biggrin:
I'm about to write a long, long post because I'm so happy. So very happy.

I was about to go bed, but my Pap came knocking on my bedroom door (he never goes to my room) and asked if I wanted to go with him to pick up my sister at the station. He said I could drive the pickup truck, so I naturally said yes.

The ride was really strange, he tried to teach me how to drive which was funny because I've been driving for more than two years (but never manual) but he kept teaching me to look at the wind mirrors and turn on the light. So funny thing happened, a car approached us with their lights on, so we yelled "Your light is on, ************!!!" at the same time. It was funny.

So, I just thought...maybe this is the right moment. Maybe I should come out now. So I told him "Pap, I'm gay." ... *a short intense pause* He said "I know, son. I know."
I said "I'm gay, like I am attracted to men" (loosely translated) He said "I know, it's okay."

I broke down, almost crying, thinking I heard it wrong because I just didn't think he would say that! So I pulled over and let him drive, and then after a long, awkward silence I finally brought it up again.
Me : "How do you know?" Him : "You just know those things...since you were a kid. I may not speak English but the way you talk to your 'guy friend' on the computer, that tone was just not how friends speak to each other. (referring to my ex boyfriend) " Me : *silence* Him : "It's okay son, just for your own good, keep it quiet here, okay?" Me : "Okay." Him : *reaching over with his left hand and patted me on my back*

I always thought that coming out was overrated. It's not. It felt so good. It would've felt better if he had hugged me, but "It's okay" and a pat on my back was good enough. He really surprised me, because he's a devoted Catholic and I thought he would have a hard time dealing with this. I was gonna wait until I'm off to uni because I was scared that he was gonna cut me off but turned out I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Now I only need to tell my Ma and my sister.
It was a good day, and the fact that I have to work tomorrow on a Sunday for hours doesn't make my day any worse. It's still a great day.

tl;dr : I came out to my father. It felt great. :')

off to bed, smiling :smile:
Good news, I have a job interview tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 1990
Original post by crazylemon
I do however have 2000 words to do by Friday. Yuck.

Pfft, scientists :tongue:
Reply 1991
Original post by thurin
Pfft, scientists :tongue:

But actual facts and learning go into science!
Original post by The Fez
x

Wow, congrats! I'm glad it went well. Hope it goes well with your mum and sis too. :smile:
Original post by JessyPhil
Good news, I have a job interview tomorrow :biggrin:

Ohh Good Luck! :biggrin: For where? :smile:
Original post by The Puppet Master
Ohh Good Luck! :biggrin: For where? :smile:

A place in London :smile: I don't want to say the company name because I'll probably curse it, but it is the kind of job I would love and I might have to move to London, my favourite place ever! Good times
Reply 1995
Original post by Gesar
But actual facts and learning go into science!

This is true.
History recognises that man's past is an abyss of ignorance. Yet for some reason, it still likes to establish narratives by consensus. If I've learnt anything about the Anglo-Saxons, it's that the best historians like to push the boat out as far as they can, just to see for how long it floats.

But anyway, that doesn't mean it takes longer to do. It's still only 2000 words :tongue:
Reply 1996
Oh dear :s

What happened? Did I miss drunk Sarah on webcam? :tongue:
Reply 1997
thurin

But anyway, that doesn't mean it takes longer to do. It's still only 2000 words :tongue:

This is true.
Original post by lizk123
What happened? Did I miss drunk Sarah on webcam? :tongue:

You did lol I fell asleep :s
Reply 1999
You did lol I fell asleep :s

Haha, did you do anything stupid? Apart from falling asleep that is :tongue:

Latest