The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmmpie
Not bad. The painful bit wasn't making the hole, but slotting the bottom of the implant through hurt a lot.

What did you have done? If you don't mind saying! :eek:
Reply 381
Evening all.
Reply 382
Original post by Jordenfruitbat

Original post by Jordenfruitbat
What did you have done? If you don't mind saying! :eek:

The plan was microdermals, but I had skin divers done instead. Just beneath my left clavicle. I'll put up pics in a day or two when they're looking less red, swollen, and generally horrible.
Reply 383
Is this a private party or can anyone join in?
I’m a new TSR queer.. just sticking my head around the door to say hi :hello:
Reply 384
Original post by -Haz-

Hello, anyone can join in, just be prepared.

Theres a linked questionnaire in the first post you may want to fill in.
Original post by -Haz-

Welcome! Always nice to have new people here :h:

Tell us about yourself! (the questionnaire's a good starting point)
Reply 386
Hey gays. I am still not packed.

Original post by zakiman
What? What?

ISIC = International Student ID Card, they're quite nifty if you go abroad. No idea what the song was about.
Original post by Revd. Mike
Excellent :h: In my experience those are some of the best nights.

Also, you should come to the Ballroom or Slimelight with me some time :biggrin:

I will!

Awesomes! Do you know what you're going to get done?

This reminds me, I really need to pick a studio and book myself in ><

Did you look into Frith?

Original post by Maccabees
I see you're from London, you should go and see Antony Flemming, he's awesome!

What studio's he at?

Original post by The Puppet Master
BRB off to get absolutely Deirdre Barlow'd.

LOLJK, I'm banned from drinking for a week. :emo:

I really wanted to get pissed tonight, but my friend decided the Union bar was too much for her, and I'd already said I'd go home with her because she didn't want to walk alone in London at night. Yeah love, I meant at the end of the night, not at ten to eleven.

Original post by zakiman
What? What?

Haven't you got an NUS card yet? If you haven't, you really ought to go to the tent on the quad between 10 and 4 tomorrow, because that's the last day they're there afaik. As Dan said, ISIC is the international version, which acts as an NUS card in the UK, but gets you discounts abroad as well, and is only an extra 2 quid.

The song is a drinking/ego rubbing ditty for UCL students. It's a variation on the music hall classic, "Burlington Bertie". Lyrics are below (spoilered for those of a sensitive disposition, or those who go to King's).

Spoiler

Original post by dbmag9
What happened?

Original post by mmmpie
Why?!?!?!?!

My parents were called to university to pick me up, on Thursday after many tests at hospital it was confirmed I had alcohol poisoning. Now, I must have a liver of steel and no morals what so ever because I'm perfectly fine now and really want to drink. However, they advised not too as my liver is in a state of repair and further drinking may lead to me having my stomach pumped... Which doesn't sound too fetching. :tongue:

But, after a night out drinking completely water... It's not so bad :smile: Okay the creepy men and lesbians touching you up when sober is bad, but if I act drunk it's all good :tongue: -(Plus further to the guy liking me, me wanting girls... I said I was involved with someone. His flat mates hate me, but at least he'll stop sending me 80 friggin' texts a day...)

Ahhh, off to bed. Sober, and have a day off tomorrow! Tsk, student my arse. :h:

Na'night gays xxx

OH and Jace:

Original post by Jace Falco
I really wanted to get pissed tonight, but my friend decided the Union bar was too much for her, and I'd already said I'd go home with her because she didn't want to walk alone in London at night. Yeah love, I meant at the end of the night, not at ten to eleven.

You gentleman! :wink: haha :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Puppet Master
OH and Jace:

You gentleman! :wink: haha :tongue:

You're the second person to call me that in as many days.
Reply 390

Haven't you got an NUS card yet? If you haven't, you really ought to go to the tent on the quad between 10 and 4 tomorrow, because that's the last day they're there afaik. As Dan said, ISIC is the international version, which acts as an NUS card in the UK, but gets you discounts abroad as well, and is only an extra 2 quid.

The song is a drinking/ego rubbing ditty for UCL students. It's a variation on the music hall classic, "Burlington Bertie". Lyrics are below (spoilered for those of a sensitive disposition, or those who go to King's).

Spoiler

I can't be arsed with an NUS card, I've already got enough different IDs! And I have never heard anyone mention that song!

Went to the union bar, it was TOASTY! So we went to our local off licence, got drunk(and a noise warning) and for a ride on Boris bikes to camden :P Then we tamed a fox whilst wearing royals on our heads. Then some lovely police officers pulled up by us and said they wanted to get the fox drunk and drove us around the block a few times, such lads!
London's fun.
Sitting in hospital now, got my own little room and everything ^_^

Free WiFi too! :awesome:

Going to theatre in just under an hour, being knocked out (totally anticipating a man with a large wooden club whacking me over the head)

Should be home by 5pm, albeit with a very sore throat!

Also, hospital gowns ****ing suck :colonhash: and they make you wear paper underwear :colonhash:
Reply 392
Hey guys, I'm Lewis (or you can just call me by my nickname) and I'm new. I filled out that questionnaire and then found out about this thread after that.
So, yeah, HI! :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by neillya1

Going to theatre in just under an hour, being knocked out (totally anticipating a man with a large wooden club whacking me over the head)

Also, hospital gowns ****ing suck :colonhash: and they make you wear paper underwear :colonhash:

Good luck, I hope everything goes well! :hugs:

I have no idea why you're actually in hospital, but it sounds like you're having your tonsils out :curious:

It could be happening right now as I'm typing this :afraid:
Reply 394
Original post by Judgey
Hey guys, I'm Lewis (or you can just call me by my nickname) and I'm new. I filled out that questionnaire and then found out about this thread after that.

Hey new person!

You already did the questionnaire? And I see Dan already got to you. Excellent! Expect your membership card in the post soon.
Reply 395
Original post by Judgey

Hi Lewis :hi:

I'm relatively new here too, so I'm not entirely sure what would be the best way to welcome you to the thread... erm...

Welcome to the thread! :woo:

That should probably do it for now.
Original post by zakiman
I can't be arsed with an NUS card, I've already got enough different IDs! And I have never heard anyone mention that song!

Went to the union bar, it was TOASTY! So we went to our local off licence, got drunk(and a noise warning) and for a ride on Boris bikes to camden :P Then we tamed a fox whilst wearing royals on our heads. Then some lovely police officers pulled up by us and said they wanted to get the fox drunk and drove us around the block a few times, such lads!
London's fun.

Why not? It gets you discounts; that's never a bad thing.

That mostly sounds like a drunken hallucination.
Reply 397

I love general anaesthetics - I've only ever had two though (and a couple of local ones, they're not so nice). Such a nice sensation! Plus some South African woman was speaking to me the whole time, which is always a bonus :tongue:
Why are you wearing the underwear? I was allowed to keep mine on, because they weren't going near that area. The gowns are awful though...
Good luck anyway, not that you'll need it!
It's so weird waking up after a night out with no hangover, not sure I like it actually... :') Still, I was the last one to get up in the flat and they all got wrecked! :mmm:

:hugs: Get well soon/Good Luck (What would one say in this instance?)

but omg paper underwear! <3 haha.
I will!

Yay! speaking of which, my New Rocks just arrived at work :awesome:

Did you look into Frith?

I did, looks good. Also had a recommendation (from the hot guy I'm going on a date with tomorrow :awesome: ) for Extreme Needle in Leicester Square that I shall check out.

Spoiler

I work for the Strand Poly. All the petty bickering kinda dissolves when you get above Undergrad level and you realise they're actually both as **** as eachother most of the time :h:

Good luck :h: I was allowed to wear my own boxers when I was last in surgery :tongue: Did have to wear the stupid compression socks though.

Original post by Judgey

Welcome! :wavey:

Latest