The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by seanfromtheblock
Yas, had my last shift at work today!

pretty brutal 5am-4pm, but now I can enjoy being a poor, unemployed student living off Tesco value noodles and living out a cardboard box.

I'm going to miss having money... :cry2:

What were you doing? I know that feeling; it's weird thinking I probably have more money now than I will for the next five years or so. :p:

Original post by badger-man
Subbing!

I finally got round to joining the LGBTSOC at Portsmouth.
I also signed up 54 new members for the society I run (gaming soc - don't judge :tongue:)

Woo, congrats. Have fun!
Original post by dbmag9
What were you doing? I know that feeling; it's weird thinking I probably have more money now than I will for the next five years or so. :p:

Woo, congrats. Have fun!

working at McDonald's haha, it's hardly high-flying

I'll probably miss it (a bit) though
:woo: New thread. Hi gays, hope you're all well.
Reply 83
I just got back from my assessment day. It actually went okay :smile:
I should hear back about it in the next week or so.

I'm exhausted. Ready to sleep already. But instead I am going to stay up to watch Glee with my sister, even though I haven't seen any of season 2 - anyone fancy summarising it for me in a few sentences? That would save me being confused for an hour :tongue:

Time for an episode of Charmed and a cider :biggrin: x
Reply 84
Original post by lizk123

I'm exhausted. Ready to sleep already. But instead I am going to stay up to watch Glee with my sister, even though I haven't seen any of season 2 - anyone fancy summarising it for me in a few sentences? That would save me being confused for an hour :tongue:

I HATE YOU.

I have neither booze nor Charmed :emo:
Reply 85
Original post by paddy
I HATE YOU.

I have neither booze nor Charmed :emo:

You hate me?! *cries*
Fell free to come over and share the booze :tongue:
Reply 86
Was driving down the road just now and there was this cat just sat there. We thought it might have broken it's leg but it walked really slowly. It had THE biggest pupils in the world, I reckon it swallowed something somewhere! (MDMA?)

Original post by paddy
Well there's Charlotte Street just off Goodge Street, there's plenty of nice restaurants there (Navarro's, an authentic Spanish tapas place, is my favourite).

There are two Sainsbury's, one Tesco and one M&S on Tottenham Court Road :fyi: They're not particularly big so if you're hoping to get anything that's not food (i.e. cutlery or bedding) you'll have to find it elsewhere.

Reply 87
I am ill. Looks like no freshers today :frown:. Oh well. Hopefully won't be ill when next week's lectures start.
Reply 88
Original post by zakiman
Was driving down the road just now and there was this cat just sat there. We thought it might have broken it's leg but it walked really slowly. It had THE biggest pupils in the world, I reckon it swallowed something somewhere! (MDMA?)

You're welcome!

Also it kinda sounds like that kitty had rabies...
Reply 89
I think I'm going to watch Troll Hunters this evening. After spending an hour in a phone interview which doesn't matter because I have an offer elsewhere! Should be very entertaining :biggrin:
Original post by lizk123
But instead I am going to stay up to watch Glee with my sister, even though I haven't seen any of season 2 - anyone fancy summarising it for me in a few sentences? That would save me being confused for an hour :tongue:

I started summarising Series 2 for you then found this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110110123351AAyxG3A which is actually really good, even for Yahoo answers. I love glee too :colondollar:
So I tried telling my friend last week about...well I don't actually want to say it, but it's the reason I'm part of this thread :colondollar: our conversation went a bit like this.

"Can I tell you something?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"Well you know lately, I've been...well you know...the girl thing and the boy thing and the people thing..."
"What?"
"I don't know, you know what I'm trying to say though."
"Are you..."
"Oh, no. Well, yes. Sort of. I'm well confused."
"I have had my suspicions for a while."
Oh. I don't know. Forget I said anything.
"Alright. It's cool. I know what you meant."

Seeing as this was the first person I actually broached the subject with, it could have gone worse. But there was a lot of red faced-ness and joke making to cover my embarrassment. Well done Jess. Well done indeed.

:facepalm2:
Reply 92
Original post by JessyPhil
So I tried telling my friend last week about...well I don't actually want to say it, but it's the reason I'm part of this thread :colondollar: our conversation went a bit like this.

"Sure, what's up?"
"Well you know lately, I've been...well you know...the girl thing and the boy thing and the people thing..."
"What?"
"Are you..."

Seeing as this was the first person I actually broached the subject with, it could have gone worse. But there was a lot of red faced-ness and joke making to cover my embarrassment. Well done Jess. Well done indeed.

I wouldn't worry. I told two people today and there was an awkward silence for like 5-10 mins. They seem fine with it though. It's good that you have told someone - it is really liberating :smile:.
Reply 93
Original post by lizk123

Also watching glee tonight! Totally jealous of the charmed and cider. Can join?
Today. A very bad day. This week has gradually got worse. Though it has the potential to get worse tomorrow...
Original post by anshul95
I wouldn't worry. I told two people today and there was an awkward silence for like 5-10 mins. They seem fine with it though. It's good that you have told someone - it is really liberating :smile:.

I didn't exactly say the words though :frown: Well I think most people have their suspicions but it's like an unspoken knowledge between us :smile: I know, they know, but they don't say anything :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by fretter778
Same here. I've become so bored of clubbing now. Looking forward for the end so I can finally sleep.

Boyfriend's coming to visit before he heads off to uni tonight though so that's good :awesome:

Lucky you. Something is always getting in the way of myself and the boyfriend having a few hours of fun :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by sarahsmurf
Also watching glee tonight! Totally jealous of the charmed and cider. Can join?

Of course you can :biggrin:
It's berry and lime Bulmers, does that seal the deal?
I'm on the episode where they are giving up their powers, I can't really see this one being easy to solve. They don't have magic anymore :frown:
Reply 98

"Sure, what's up?"
"What?"
"Are you..."

They knew what you meant, they were fine with it :smile: Saying the words is incredibly hard, the first few times.

"Sure, what's up?"
"What?"
"Are you..."

Was this face to face? As if so: kudos to you! I told my best friend via text, :oops:

We've had conversations about it, he'll call me greedy and that it's easer for me to pull in night clubs etc. The awkward silences few and far between because he's so relaxed about the whole thing. Made me less nervous to tell everyone else :biggrin:

Latest