The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mad Vlad
Hai. :smile:

Yo! I was goth clubbing last night, thought of you :h: I may have used too much hairspray, my hair is still quite hawked up despite sleeping :tongue:

Original post by mmmpie
Anyone recommend a decent beard trimmer? Preferably one that I can get reasonably cheaply off Amazon...

I just use a standard buzz clipper that you use for hair. Then again, I have quite a low maintenance beard.

Original post by Crisps
I need a foot spa thingy. 10 hours in safety shoes make my feet very grumpy!

I used to wear safety shoes as my regular shoes for years :tongue: They were so comfy! When they finally wore out and I switched back to regular trainers, it was so weird for a while because they were so much lighter hehe.

Original post by dbmag9
Hey gays.

But you can't extract DNA from the blood eaten by a volcano and make DINOSAURS. :yep:

At Universal Studios in Florida they have a Jurassic Park bit, complete with the visitors centre that you can look round, and see "scientists" walking around in lab coats pretending to do science, and you can 'learn' all this bull**** science about DNA and crap :tongue:

Original post by The Fez
Oh, on a slightly different topic, I had this foot spa thingy with hungry little fishes that eat dead skin or something. It was really weird and it tickled so bad I couldn't last more than a minute.

Those fish spas are quite popular in the UK at the moment. I wouldn't use one though. On a side note, the UK's Department of Health is considering banning them as a potential disease vector :tongue:
Reply 981
I'm going out tonight to the city to see my best friends who I haven't seen in such a long time!!!

But I won't be able to drink because I need to drive home after because I have work tomorrow :frown: But it's okay I get to dance and yell at people because the music will be so loud! :biggrin:

:party:

Original post by Revd. Mike

At Universal Studios in Florida they have a Jurassic Park bit, complete with the visitors centre that you can look round, and see "scientists" walking around in lab coats pretending to do science, and you can 'learn' all this bull**** science about DNA and crap :tongue:

A few of those "scientists" could be seen at clubs in Ft. Lauterdale wearing less, much less clothes and go-going around the strip pole. True story. I think I even saw Prince Ling from Disney World Florida in Ft. Lauterdale or Daytona. :yep:

Those fish spas are quite popular in the UK at the moment. I wouldn't use one though. On a side note, the UK's Department of Health is considering banning them as a potential disease vector :tongue:

LOL, you people ban everything. The US is so much worse though that 30% people who go to Mexico don't want to see the beach, but instead buying diet pills and stuff that are illegal back in the US.

Here we also have swimming with dolphins therapy for paralysis, post-stroke, post-injury, and special needs people. Would your Dept of Health ban that?
Original post by The Fez

:hugs:

Out of curiosity, did you by any chance get that from 'Imagine Me & You?'
It's a good movie :smile:

I knew the meaning anyway, as my grandad had an obsession with lillies and when he died there were hundreds at the ceremony, for some reason I asked what they symbolised and was told then.

but the film imagine me and you is one of my favourite films and I went through a similar experience to the storyline from that is kind of how I realised I was bisexual.

Those two reasons added together is the reason I want it as my first tattoo :smile:

(and thanks for the hugs :hugs: )

I loved the Jurassic Park bit when I went the other year. I must have went on the River Adventure about 5-6 times. :awesome:
Feeling so ill today :sad:

Wondering if I may have food poisoning?

Woke up with awful stomach cramps, suddenly felt really dizzy, ears started ringing then all I could hear was "white noise", think I passed out since like 6/7 minutes passed and I remember nothing, then came to having a pretty bad fit and unable to control anything :s-smilie: Never had that before.

Feel so knackered and drained now, just wanna cuddle up and fall asleep :sad:
Original post by neillya1

Woke up with awful stomach cramps, suddenly felt really dizzy, ears started ringing then all I could hear was "white noise", think I passed out since like 6/7 minutes passed and I remember nothing, then came to having a pretty bad fit and unable to control anything :s-smilie: Never had that before.

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon!
Well we can host a good house party. Although I am not amused by bed usage :colonhash:
and one guy who would not leave me alone. Sigh.

As for Liam I know how you feel and it sucks. I have always had the inferiority complex and now it has finally caught up with me in thrif year. Having been able to coast all my life up until now I
Now struggling and currently can't see how I am
Going to make it. This is a totally new experience for me so I don't know how to cope. I feel totally inferior having dodged work for 3 weeks and now having a tsunami of other obligations coming to engulf me. But we can get through this. We have to. Failure is simply not an option and should not be an option. The only way from the pit is up.
Reply 987

Given that you had surgery a week ago, you might want to go and get checked out by a doctor.
Original post by Crisps
I need a foot spa thingy. 10 hours in safety shoes make my feet very grumpy!

If you're going to spend 10 hours a day in safety boots, you need to invest in some decent ones. I feel your pain, I'm doing 12 hours a day at the moment at work and I need to get myself something a bit more comfortable. The ones work have provided me with are cheap crap and I ****canned those pretty quickly. I've got a more comfortable pair now, but they're falling apart, so I'm thinking about making an investment in some better ones.

I'm considering getting some of these or some of these.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yo! I was goth clubbing last night, thought of you :h: I may have used too much hairspray, my hair is still quite hawked up despite sleeping :tongue:

:h:

Have fun?
Original post by mmmpie
Given that you had surgery a week ago, you might want to go and get checked out by a doctor.

I probably should, but the doctors is all the way at home and really can't be fussed going back yet again.

I'll see if I get any better, if not I'll head back and pop in for a visit.
Original post by The Fez
The US is so much worse though that 30% people who go to Mexico don't want to see the beach, but instead buying diet pills and stuff that are illegal back in the US.

I still find it hilarious that the U.S. ban these:

:rofl:

:rofl:

Why do they ban them? I love them. :coma:

Is that in case they swallow the toy? :lol: They were the highlight of my childhood!

Original post by mmmpie

^This, this, a thousand times this. Even if you hadn't had surgery, passing out and fitting are two VERY good reasons to go to the doctor. It might be nothing, or it might be SOMETHING REALLY BAD. I really don't understand it when people are so casual with their health ><

Original post by Mad Vlad
:h:

Have fun?

Was pretty good ^^ It was just me, Chris and this guy I know though, would have been better with more people. Next weekend for my birthday it's Stripped, the alternative/goth gay club night hehe. Can't find anyone else to go with me though ><

Original post by The Fez
LOL, you people ban everything. The US is so much worse though that 30% people who go to Mexico don't want to see the beach, but instead buying diet pills and stuff that are illegal back in the US.

Here we also have swimming with dolphins therapy for paralysis, post-stroke, post-injury, and special needs people. Would your Dept of Health ban that?

It is annoying, unfortunately that's why we have the term 'Nanny State'. There's a reasonably good reason for banning diet pills and stuff though, a lot of them are particularly dangerous. There's a reasonably good logic behind banning the fish foot spa thing too, I wouldn't particularly want to dip my feet in grimy water that the general public have also been using, plus there's a theoretical risk for transmission of blood-borne pathogens. Although, as a Libertarian, my view is that these things shouldn't be banned; so long as there's information available to make a well informed choice, the general public should be allowed to do whatever stupid thing they want to do.

No, the DH certainly wouldn't ban swimming with dolphins, why would they?
(edited 12 years ago)

I think the main focus should be on camerons speech. If he means what he said then that is a big change from the traditional cOnsetvative line.
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
Eugh, it's the comments section that angers me more than anything :mad:

Ugh just read it. Just what.

The comments on the Daily Fail... :facepalm2:
How some of these people are allowed to breed, I don't know :biggrin:
I don't understand when people say that marriage is a religious ceremony and that therefore they should be allowed to prevent same sex marriages. The vast majority of people who get married these days aren't religious in the slightest.

Latest