The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam_G
Told myself I was going to start Maths revision today, because I've been putting it off for far too long, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to start. It feels really odd to have an entire A level to relearn and to not have a teacher there to tell me what I need to do. I just sat down with what feels like a huge Edexcel textbook, and then suddenly thought "I have no idea what I'm actually supposed to be doing..."

I don't know whether to go through the entire modules, as if I was learning them from scratch, or to go straight to Maths exams and look up how to do the things I get stuck on as I go along, which I'm guessing will be quite often.

I need to get some paper and pens too, and might have to go to see my ex Maths teacher for some practice exams, that'll be nice and awkward.

I haven't even started and I already feel like I'm making a bad job of it :frown: I panic far too easily. I can't get the idea out of my head that everybody expects me to fail, and then I feel like an idiot for trying to prove them wrong.

Just work through the book at your own pace =D. Go through each page and try the example questions. Do the review exercises and everything and just work through that. Then try the papers. THEN and only then do the papers =D. Good luck and you can do it :smile:
I've been on death's door all day following that LGBT social last night, decided that the best way to make myself talk to people was to drink loads, which actually sort of worked... Paying for it today though.

Also, I may have got a little bit too social :sexface:
Original post by Liam_G
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going out to buy revision‐y things tomorrow, and once I get everything in order it'll probably be a good idea to get into a routine of going down to the library to do some work as appose to staying at home.

In March, I'd like to be in the position where I can tell you all that my Maths grade has improved, and thank you all for the advice what helped me get there. Definitely something worth working for :yep:

Just remember to try your best Liam that is all you can do. You can do it though deffinately! If you ever need help we are all here, you'll be celebrating soon enough! :smile:
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I've been on death's door all day following that LGBT social last night, decided that the best way to make myself talk to people was to drink loads, which actually sort of worked... Paying for it today though.

Also, I may have got a little bit too social :sexface:

lol oh dear... what happened? :tongue:
Original post by maths134
lol oh dear... what happened? :tongue:

Well I arrived at the union, already drunk because I was a bit nervous about going, and I was in a bit of a state the whole night. It was fun though. I'd consider going again.
Well I arrived at the union, already drunk because I was a bit nervous about going, and I was in a bit of a state the whole night. It was fun though. I'd consider going again.

:smile: sounds fun, did you go on your own?
Reply 1186

Better question: did he leave on his own?
Original post by mmmpie

I approve =p

yeah, I don't know any gay people here

Original post by mmmpie

eehhhhhhhhmmmm... :wink:

lol :tongue:
Reply 1190

From this we surmise that you do know some gay people now...
Reply 1191
Heh. :redface:
Reply 1192
Hey gays. Went out with the gays tonight; Ars was rubbish and left early, Thurin got hit on by the grad student he fancied but ignored this and left early, I then couldn't be bothered to try and club on my own so left early. Ah well.

Original post by mmmpie
I just got back from my first Analysis lecture. My god, so boring! I like the subject, but the lecturer just stood at the front of the room and copied the lecture notes onto a whiteboard for an hour!

A lecture is a system by which the notes of the lecturer get turned into the notes of the students without passing through the brains of either.
so i still might be very drunk. not sure how i made it home. with the bus i suppose. better write this down before i forget. need to get up in 3 hours.. is it worth going to bed now?! i am not sure about this. god, i am so confused. shoudln't have drunk so much vodka lemonade. one after the other. oh my god. i feel like ****. should i sleep? should i not? got a 9.15 am practical for 3 hours, literally just **** on the computer. not sure how to deal with this now. **** my life.
Reply 1194
I think I introduced myself but I haven't been on TSR for a while so I can't be sure. Regardless, 'ello!

BeyondandAbove, I love your sig. :h:
Darren Criss is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy. :love:

Happy National Coming Out Day my fellow UK gays :party: :biggrin:
Thanks to Night Nurse, I've just had my first good sleep in days. Unfortunately, I still feel shoddy, and my cough is no better. Possibly worse.
Reply 1198
National Coming Out Day? *Google* Apparently that was yesterday.
Reply 1199
Original post by Skoji
National Coming Out Day? *Google* Apparently that was yesterday.

It's on the 11th for everywhere else, and on the 12th for the UK if I remember correctly. I always just assumed it was because the UK already had a national holiday on the 11th or something :dontknow:

Latest