The Student Room Group

If you saw a supermarket trolley with a pound coin in it...

Poll

What would you do if you found a trolley with a pound coin?

What would you do... Run away with the trolley as fast as you can to get the pound coin out? Take the trolley perhaps, because afterall £1 is pretty smashing value for a trolley? Or would you try and see if you could return the trolley to an absent minded owner; failing that to a supermarket assistant?

I personally always like to apply the law of Finders Keepers Losers Weepers and walk away with the trolley as fast as I can to get the pound coin; unfortunately there was this once with a woman with a small kid chased me half way into the supermarket saying she was distracted by her small child and it was her trolley. I argued with her but was getting a lot of dirty looks from other shoppers and had to give up my sweet reward ...:mad:
Reply 1
It's a £1. :s-smilie: I would just go 'meh' and walk away.
Reply 2
You really have a talent for pointless threads.
Who says people aren't greedy. I'd go take the coin out! :biggrin:
Use the trolley for my shopping and then return it to the trolley bank, and pocket the £1.

Since there are always collections for charities in my local Morrison's foyer, I'd probably donate it.
I have walked to the end of a car park, found a trolley and walked all the way back just for the pound
Don't tempt karma.
Reply 7
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
Use the trolley for my shopping and then return it to the trolley bank, and pocket the £1.

Since there are always collections for charities in my local Morrison's foyer, I'd probably donate it.

Same! I'd use it...then I'd either donate it (if there's a collection box) or keep the quid lol :colone:
i saw one back in the depot, clicked in to the other trolleys with a pound still sticking out once when i was younger. I took the pound without a second thought, there was noone around to claim and someone else would have jsut taken it otherwise.
If you're a full-time student, £1 can go a long way. I'd keep it, because anyone who forgets to take out their money is probably "financially sound" anyway, and won't lose sleep over the loss of a quid.
Reply 10
I'd try to return it, otherwise I'd take it and use it. Or leave it, if they were likely to return.

Quick Reply

Latest