The Student Room Group

Ancient History 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I just found this thread... Missing other Ancient History people!! :smile: all sounds brilliant for everyone!

I've got offers from:
Kings AAA/b
Exeter AAA
Manchester ABB
Bristol AAB
UCL AAA (probably firm)

Hope all goes well for those waiting :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Hobo389
I just found this thread... Missing other Ancient History people!! :smile: all sounds brilliant for everyone!

I've got offers from:
Kings AAA/b
Exeter AAA
Manchester ABB
Bristol AAB
UCL AAA (probably firm)

Hope all goes well for those waiting :P

Should go King's :wink:
Reply 82
Original post by kclayton93
Should go King's :wink:

are you at king's doing it? Or applied there??? I am not sure, I loved it on visiting but i'll decide when I see UCL.
Reply 83
Original post by Hobo389
are you at king's doing it? Or applied there??? I am not sure, I loved it on visiting but i'll decide when I see UCL.

Umm applied, its my first choice, the course looks amazing for the amount of variety it offers, though I guess if you go to any college of the uni of London you can apply to do open modules at any other college if they interest you.
Reply 84
ive got an offer from Royal Holloway!!! AAB though :/
Reply 85
Original post by Donw
ive got an offer from Royal Holloway!!! AAB though :/

that's really strange, I got an offer from them too but mines ABB.
when did you get your offer?
Reply 86
Original post by Tashaa18
that's really strange, I got an offer from them too but mines ABB.
when did you get your offer?

really? aww maan :frown: and ewrrm last Monday, however, i couldnt make it to the interview.. so they just gave me an offer of AAB :||
Reply 87
Original post by Donw
really? aww maan :frown: and ewrrm last Monday, however, i couldnt make it to the interview.. so they just gave me an offer of AAB :||

aah okay, well I went to the interview so maybe that's why?
is it your first choice?
Reply 88
aah okay, well I went to the interview so maybe that's why?
is it your first choice?

yeah most likely. and i dont think so, Manchester is my first, wbu?
Reply 89
Original post by Donw
yeah most likely. and i dont think so, Manchester is my first, wbu?

Birmingham's my first choice and Manchester's my back up :smile:
Reply 90
Birmingham's my first choice and Manchester's my back up :smile:

cool cool xD all my offers are ABB apart from Royal Holloway LOL wbu?
Reply 91
Original post by Donw
cool cool xD all my offers are ABB apart from Royal Holloway LOL wbu?

yeh so were mine :smile:
At the interview for Royal Holloway I do remember them asking me if I could up one of my grades though, which I thought was really strange, considering they only offered ABB anyway :s
Reply 92
yeh so were mine :smile:
At the interview for Royal Holloway I do remember them asking me if I could up one of my grades though, which I thought was really strange, considering they only offered ABB anyway :s

weird aha anyways, good luck with your exams etc and hope you get into B'gham Uni :biggrin: (Y)
Have an Unconditional from Royal Holloway! So excited!
Original post by Magic8BallKR
Have an Unconditional from Royal Holloway! So excited!

That's awesome! Royal Holloway is my back up with ABB :smile: Anyone else thinking of firming Warwick. I've chosen the Ancient History and classical archaeology course!

finally found some more Ancient History people :smile:
Original post by HarrietAddy

finally found some more Ancient History people :smile:

There is a woefully small amount of us Ancient Historians-to-be out there :/
Reply 96
I honestly don't know how am going to get a B in History, what if i get AAC (hope i don't) will the uni still consider it?! because i highly doubt it, my offer from Manchester is ABB, and i'm hoping to get at least AAB. anyone?
Reply 97
Original post by Magic8BallKR
There is a woefully small amount of us Ancient Historians-to-be out there :/

Our awesomeness makes up for it :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by Donw
I honestly don't know how am going to get a B in History, what if i get AAC (hope i don't) will the uni still consider it?! because i highly doubt it, my offer from Manchester is ABB, and i'm hoping to get at least AAB. anyone?

You should be fine, for example i've a friend who had an offer of AAB for Geography at Liverpool and got A*BB and they let her in, same with a friend of mine who needed ABB for Spanish & Italian at Leeds with an A in Spanish, but got AAB with a B in Spanish. So tbh I wouldn't worry too much especially since Manchester doesn't ask specifically for an A in History! =] Goodluck.
Reply 99
Original post by kclayton93
You should be fine, for example i've a friend who had an offer of AAB for Geography at Liverpool and got A*BB and they let her in, same with a friend of mine who needed ABB for Spanish & Italian at Leeds with an A in Spanish, but got AAB with a B in Spanish. So tbh I wouldn't worry too much especially since Manchester doesn't ask specifically for an A in History! =] Goodluck.

ah i see but they just want ABB in any subject lol but ancient history isn't that subscribed so my mates say they could let me in. but hopefully i did get the grades! and thanks buddy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending