The Student Room Group

adult year at school......?

I am in 6th year and doing fairly well and applying to uni this year,but only to one ,as I didnt do so well last year,due to stress and burning out basically. Would it be possible to perhaps do an 'adult year' at school if things do not go so well this year?
(edited 12 years ago)
You can go to a college at any age and sit the highers you need to go to Uni. I think it will be impossible for an adult to attend a school as a pupil because...you know, paedophilia and such.
Reply 2
Original post by GiantFrozenPenguin

Original post by GiantFrozenPenguin
You can go to a college at any age and sit the highers you need to go to Uni. I think it will be impossible for an adult to attend a school as a pupil because...you know, paedophilia and such.

We have one mature student attending classes at our school at the moment, and have had a few in the past who are presented for exams and given resources by the school. They aren't really part of the school in any meaningful way, though; they only go to classes and go home. I'd probably prefer a good college yeaah

I was also essentially offered an "adult year" due to illness (basically doing 6th year twice) although this was equivalent to being held back really.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
It is possible, I know quite a few people who stayed on an extra year. You will need to discuss this with your school :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Delaney
It is possible, I know quite a few people who stayed on an extra year. You will need to discuss this with your school :smile:

That's true.The colleges in my area don't offer that many highers,or none at all which is the problem. I did know a girl that did a 'mature' year at school,which is probably a better word and she managed fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending