The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Cool story bro

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cambrigde has/had one of the first ever printers. I'm sure they have a good publication system too, if you some day want to write a book.
Cambridge. I want to study the subject I am applying for in depth, and focus entirely on that. If I wanted a basic knowledge of an array of subjects, I'd visit the Cambridge Library, not pay a ridiculous sum to go to Harvard.
Reply 42
Original post by hassi94
Cambridge is better for undergrad, Harvard is better for post-grad. Well at least for most subjects. (I'd argue Maths @ Cambridge post-grad is better than Harvard). Harvard has better facilities.

This.

In any case, they are extremely different universities, surely you have a preference OP?
Undergrad: Harvard, if I could get a scholarship there. Cambridge's Music course is beyond me :yes:

Postgrad: I did apply to Harvard but would probably rather go to Cambridge :yes:
Original post by BJack
MIT isn't Ivy League....

What does Ivy League have to do with it? The Ivy League is a sports event between old US universities, not a measure of their academic quality.
Reply 45
Yes, because when the poster said "Ivy League" he meant the sports consortium… Needless equivocation gets away from the point that most elite American institutions are excellent for undergraduate programs but receive their prowess for their graduate studies. This holds especially true for Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, and Johns Hopkins among several others.
Original post by JohnJoe
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cambrigde has/had one of the first ever printers. I'm sure they have a good publication system too, if you some day want to write a book.

Because that's really relevant to a discussion about which university that you'd prefer to attend :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Because that's really relevant to a discussion about which university that you'd prefer to attend :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard about "good connections"? :rolleyes:
Original post by JohnJoe
Have you ever heard about "good connections"? :rolleyes:

*facepalm*
Reply 49
*facepalm*

How about "knowing your way around" then? :rolleyes:
Original post by JohnJoe
How about "knowing your way around" then? :rolleyes:

Please stop. I know what you mean, and it just doesn't apply here.
Reply 51
Please stop. I know what you mean, and it just doesn't apply here.

Apparently, OP is asking for reasons to which Uni we think is better.

To me, good contacts to a printing press could be the decisive point.
switch lives with me?

oh, and Harvard because america sounds cool
Reply 53
Original post by duke5
You're not going to either.

How did you even get your status of "benevolent member"? By dissing others who you don't know at all?
Reply 54
Being foreign, Harvard. There's a bit more of a "woah" factor in my country for Harvard than Cambridge.

But heck, I wouldn't mind both if I could get in!
:biggrin:
Harvard.
Reply 56
Harvard because Tom Lehrer sang about it in the Periodic Table song? (I think it's called Elements..?)
Reply 57
Cambridge because we've got Dagger-Joe the drug dealer and Richmond the Magdalene-Kings pimp.

(I'm sure such persons are to be found in the fine establishment of Harvard too, but not by such slick names). :wink:
Cambridge - I don't think Harvard is five and a half times as good and therefore worth paying five and a half times more to attend.
Reply 59
Original post by shirley0y
How did you even get your status of "benevolent member"? By dissing others who you don't know at all?

Yes, by "dissing" others.

Latest

Trending

Trending