The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by London boy!
What do you mean by misleading?

I put 'I have taken guitar lessons for blah blah years' as in I used to take... not sure if they might think I still take guitar lessons. :s The way I phrased it is true, because I have taken them for that long, but still...

My teacher wanted me to phrase it so it didn't sound like I was a quitter (in fairness, I only stopped going because I have to babysit younger siblings when the lesson is meant to be happening).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2081
Original post by rachaelizabeth

Original post by rachaelizabeth
Some universities wait until after the January deadline to give out offers. Some will give offers out before then as well as after. Some give out interviews before the deadline but don't give out actual offers until after.

I have two offers having sent mine off on the 31/10/11, yet I know some people who sent theirs off at the end of September and haven't heard anything yet.

Just have to be patient I guess! And check TSR to see if anyone who has applied for your course at your universities to see if any offers have been given at all. Check the articles section for your subject, as sometimes people post when they have an offer.
Good luck :smile:

Thanks that helps, yes I guess I just have to be patient and as 3 of my 5 University choices often hold interviews I guess it's going to take even longer...
The average decision time is 50 days, bear in mind that means that if someone gets theirs sooner, someone else will get theirs later. And you can just as easily get an offer the day after you've applied, or the day before the deadline for decisions - so all one can do is wait, and wait, and wait.. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2084
I have a feeling I´m going to hear something this week...
Original post by callmenighthawk
I haven't yet, but it will be done by next week. Applications now are hardly "late" considering the January is the deadline. The people who have sent it off super early probably haven't written the best PS's they can, or have made mistakes - I know a friend of mine who had to do it by october 15th has.

...Or maybe those who have already sent theirs off started their applications really early as they realised how important the PS was?
I haven't yet, but it will be done by next week. Applications now are hardly "late" considering the January is the deadline. The people who have sent it off super early probably haven't written the best PS's they can, or have made mistakes - I know a friend of mine who had to do it by october 15th has.

How do you figure that? Some of us had no choice but to send it off by the 15th.
Did you ever think that maybe some of us started their personal statements REALLY early, and wrote it and re-wrote it 'til it was as good as it could get. I'm not going to apply to Oxford and just write a personal statement quickly saying "ah well it'll do" am I?
Reply 2087
One of my friends got an interview for Cambridge!! My god I'm so anxious to hear back from my uni's :frown:
Reply 2088
Original post by Fuero
I have a feeling I´m going to hear something this week...

Me too. Coincidentally, I have received all my decisions (2 offers + 1 rejection) on Wednesdays, so I'll look forward to this Wednesday too, although the Wednesday last week only brought bad news (rejection from Birmingham and no Skyrim in my mailbox).
Original post by Jabberwox
...Or maybe those who have already sent theirs off started their applications really early as they realised how important the PS was?

..to gain no advantage whatsoever, I hope you're 100% content with what you've chosen otherwise uh-oh..
..to gain no advantage whatsoever, I hope you're 100% content with what you've chosen otherwise uh-oh..

As a matter of fact I am :smile:
Good luck to everyone for the upcoming week !! ^^ :biggrin:
Reply 2092
Wow, going more crazy now. :s-smilie:
Broke my mobile phone this morning :frown: so I wont get my mails.
Just need a Computer and log in to check them.
Now I will refresh my mail-account every 15 minutes. :colondollar:
does anyone know the exact times when ucas updates?
Haha, just as I was reading these posts about waiting for news/repeatedly refreshing my email, I had an email from UWE :biggrin: it was just to sign on to the admissions site they have but its made me SOOOO happy because I have only had one acknowledgement from another of my choices :smile: YAY!
Reply 2095
Original post by maxcartwright
does anyone know the exact times when ucas updates?

UCAS Track updates when a decision is ready. Emails are sent every 15 minutes.
Unconditional offer today from Winchester :biggrin: :biggrin: ^^
Reply 2097
Original post by Jabberwox
Unconditional offer today from Winchester :biggrin: :biggrin: ^^

Congrats :thumbsup:
I'm not sure whether this is relevent to this thread but I'll post it here anyway: what happens if there aren't enough applicants for your course? Do they withdraw the course and make you choose another one? I'm a bit worried that this will happen to me as not many people do joint English and Psychology... :s-smilie:
Original post by German_Saskia
Congrats :thumbsup:

Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending