The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millymoo
I have sent off my application and am waiting on my welcome letter so tried to access track by using the "forgotten login" feature, but when I type in my email address it says that this email address is not recognised yet they are able to send emails to me? :/ Any suggestions on how to get onto track?

This is normal as your application hasn't been processed fully by UCAS yet :smile:. It took me a good few days before I could get onto track (I got the same message as you about the email address not being recognised), so just keep trying until it lets you on - some people can get on almost immediately whereas people like me had to wait a while.
Reply 1381
Original post by desy.kris

lol, hope you could manage to get back to sleep!

Nah, not for atleast an hour...worrying about UCAS and stuff. Damn you UCL.
Reply 1382
Original post by qwerty1993
oooo you like your languaes i see.
i've applied to manchester, UCL, warwick york and exeter. but i will genuinely cry if i dont get into warwick. :frown:

ah that sounds good:smile: and with your predicted grades i'm sure you'll get in:biggrin:
Reply 1383
Original post by SecretCircus
This is normal as your application hasn't been processed fully by UCAS yet :smile:. It took me a good few days before I could get onto track (I got the same message as you about the email address not being recognised), so just keep trying until it lets you on - some people can get on almost immediately whereas people like me had to wait a while.

Ahh right, thanks very much! Guess I better just wait for the welcome letter then! :smile:
am soooo worried :frown: everywhere i'm applying people have been predicted like A*A*A*A* :frown::frown: even though I already have my grades and am above the entry requirements IM FREAKING OUT AAHHHHHH!!!
Ahh right, thanks very much! Guess I better just wait for the welcome letter then! :smile:

I would keep trying (if you really want to get onto track) regardless of whether or not the letter has arrived, as it took six days to come for me and I could get onto track before I got it :smile:.
Reply 1386
anyone had an acknowledgement email from Leeds yet? i sent mine off 2 weeks ago and I've received them from everywhere apart from Leeds :frown: I'm applying for German and Spanish!
Reply 1387
Original post by SecretCircus
I would keep trying (if you really want to get onto track) regardless of whether or not the letter has arrived, as it took six days to come for me and I could get onto track before I got it :smile:.

Hmm, ok I guess I will keep trying! And I live quite remotely so the letter might take a while to come anyway :/
Another day of silence..

I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM LEEDS EITHER. My friend is also applying for German & Spanish there and hasn't heard anything.
Reply 1389
Original post by Nadine10
I am completely stressing out here! I mean, I already have one offer, and I am thankful that I do, but I see that my other unis are giving out offers for my course, and im not getting any!

I can't figure out why :frown:

Is anyone going as mad as I am now? I swear ucas should offer complementary spa vouchers cos of all the stress we get

LOL. Very true. This stress is very detrimental.

By the way, has anyone considered getting the copy of their UCAS application. How much does it cost and what is the procedure?

Is it common amongst applicants to order it? how long does it take to receive it?
I applied the 11th of october for psychology at Nottingham, Sheffield, Queens Belfast, Oxford (psychology and philosophy) and Huddersfield as my insurance and I haven't had a single offer!

Acknowledgements off Sheffield, Nottingham and Oxford and sat the thinking skills admissions test for Oxford this morning.

So stressed, just need an offer asap!!
Hmm, ok I guess I will keep trying! And I live quite remotely so the letter might take a while to come anyway :/

Ah ok, well hope you get on soonish :smile:.
Application went off today!! Ahhh!

Mechanical Engineering at..
Sheffield AAB
Lancaster ABB
Loughborough ABB
Liverpool BBB
Leicester BBB/BBC

Predicted grades AorA*(said she'd decide later but so happy with A)/A/B (Geography/Maths/Physics)
Had an acknowledgment from Durham late last night, and one from Manchester early this morning. Scary stuff.
Reply 1394
I got the letter from Nottingham today in the mail, I got all excited before realizing that it was exactly the same content as the acknowledgment mail -_-
Acknowledgment from Manchester Uni.
Reply 1396
Original post by mpc1
why should the ' I have forgotten my password' button be hit. Does track not allow anyone to just put the UCAS Id, UCAS User name, UCAS password right away (even without the welcome letter) and sign on? Can some one please clarify on this?

yeah thats what I did, my welcome letter took ages so I just logged in using my personal ID :smile:
Reply 1397
I'm back from my trip to London and its wonderful alcohol prices (£3.50 for a pint? that's like 40% of what I'm used to), some great musicals and concerts, and so on and so forth. I did not see any emails from UCAS when I came home though, which was quite disappointing.

Those I talked to (Norwegian students as well as some drunken Southerners/Londoners) recommended against Manchester for some reason.

The decision thread had nearly doubled in size though, which might be a good sign. :biggrin:

EDIT: And the Coventry University ad on the front page was posted on the walls by the escalators at almost every single Underground station I entered/exited the Underground at. Really, why are they spending so much money on advertising?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1398
Offer from Sussex :biggrin:
Original post by aneduce
Offer from Sussex :biggrin:

Really? Oh cool, which course is this for? I applied for Sussex for Physics and haven't even had an acknowledgement yet! Did you get an acknowledgment first or just a straight offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending