The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

I have found a new way to pass the time.. writing Christmas cards :cool:

16 days until my interview at Royal Holloway - argh!
Original post by RyAnMcK
What course are you applying for? If you don't mind me asking :colondollar:

I've applied for Biology at Sussex and Royal Holloway, too! (and I also have an offer from Sussex, woohoo)

Did you get an actual acknowledgement from Royal Holloway?!
Reply 1582
Original post by BexyBear
i just got rejected from holloway....unconditional from Lincoln :smile:

What course? :smile:

nvm just saw that someone else asked the same thing hehe. sorry :tongue:
Reply 1583
Original post by Ohlavelle
I've applied for Biology at Sussex and Royal Holloway, too! (and I also have an offer from Sussex, woohoo)

Did you get an actual acknowledgement from Royal Holloway?!

Did you hear from Sussex yet?
Well not an actual acknowledgement but I got invited to an interview so I just took that as my acknowledgement :tongue:
Original post by RyAnMcK
Did you hear from Sussex yet?
Well not an actual acknowledgement but I got invited to an interview so I just took that as my acknowledgement :tongue:

Yeah I've got an ABB/AAC offer from Sussex!

When's your interview? Mine's the 23rd, I'm nervous!
Where's your first choice?
Feeling nervous now, I've just seen someone get an offer for York history!
Reply 1586
Yeah I've got an ABB/AAC offer from Sussex!

When's your interview? Mine's the 23rd, I'm nervous!
Where's your first choice?

I've decided not to go to the interview, I'm from Ireland and have school stuff on during the interview I was given so I told them I wouldn't be able to attend, RHUL was only a back-up so not too pushed if they reject me. My first choice is Queen Mary or Sussex, what about you?
Reply 1587
Original post by Fuero
I got an e-mail from UCAS about banks and loans from HSBC -_-

Saammee. I was so excited to get an email but then... haha
Reply 1588
Is it just me or is there a lack of offers floating around today? There's usually quite a few people talking about their offers on here but it's very quiet today.
Original post by FuzzySheep
Feeling nervous now, I've just seen someone get an offer for York history!

You'll be fine! Fingers crossed :smile:

Original post by RyAnMcK
I've decided not to go to the interview, I'm from Ireland and have school stuff on during the interview I was given so I told them I wouldn't be able to attend, RHUL was only a back-up so not too pushed if they reject me. My first choice is Queen Mary or Sussex, what about you?

Sussex or RHUL for me, so :smile: And haha, yes, it's probably a bit of a stretch to come from Ireland, I'm sure they'll understand!
You'll be fine! Fingers crossed :smile:

Sussex or RHUL for me, so :smile: And haha, yes, it's probably a bit of a stretch to come from Ireland, I'm sure they'll understand!

Aw thanks, I hope so - it's just so terrifying! *is being a little melodramatic*

Fingers crossed it'll all be fine for us, good luck with offers! :biggrin:
Hello everyone, I am an American student applying to Universities in the UK. I sent in my applications last week and was wondering if anybody could give me a baseline/guideline for how long it will take to hear from schools. I know they can take up until March, but I've heard that some schools tend to be faster. Any help is well appreciated!
Original post by RyAnMcK
Is it just me or is there a lack of offers floating around today? There's usually quite a few people talking about their offers on here but it's very quiet today.

I think they tend to come through mostly tuesday-friday
Original post by MacCullean

Original post by MacCullean
Hello everyone, I am an American student applying to Universities in the UK. I sent in my applications last week and was wondering if anybody could give me a baseline/guideline for how long it will take to hear from schools. I know they can take up until March, but I've heard that some schools tend to be faster. Any help is well appreciated!

It might be tomorrow or it might be in May. Or it could be any point in between. There is really not point in guessing and people can't do lists either as it varies from university to university, between courses within university and also depending on things like your fee status, predicted grades and generally how strong they feel your application is to other applicants. This isn't something anyone else can really give you advice about!

The one thing going for you is that as an international student you're subject to different entry criteria than home students so universities tend to get back more quickly to internationals as they can take as many of them as they like whereas there's more restrictions for EU/home students because they receive government funding. I went to Edinburgh for my degree and if you've applied there then you can expect to here back relatively soon as they get back to international students quickly whereas EU/UK applicants will be quite literally waiting for months yet.
Anyone receive offers for Sports Science/Exercise Science?
Reply 1595
Original post by desy.kris
sounds awesome! will it be taught at the same time to all Maths&CS and CS students across colleges, or will each college have a different class? haha why do Maths&CS students work harder than the pure CS students? :tongue:

The lectures will be with everyone from all colleges (and possibly a lot more people, depending on the subject).

Tutorials will be just with people of the same subject from the same college. You will be in groups of 2-4 as far as I have experienced.

And they do just work harder. Or at least complain about their workload more :tongue:
Woooooo, just got an offer from- oh wait. No I didn't.
Original post by thompsonic7
Woooooo, just got an offer from- oh wait. No I didn't.

Hey! Just realised you were on here! How is BGS going?
No offer so far and I have been waiting for over a month. Well if I don't get into uni I will be fine.
Reply 1599
I sent my application off Wednesday, received my first offer on Friday! I was surprised by how quick this was but I've not heard back from anywhere else yet, I just want to know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending