The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Conditional offer for Literature and Philosophy :biggrin:
I can daaaaaance!
though I wish it was a two-way offer. I'm from Hong Kong, and I'm taking both the GCE Alevels and HKDSE, which is horrifyingly difficult. :frown: They are only giving me an offer for HKDSE, not GCE.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2821
Original post by WesleyB
Ancient and Medieval History. And yeah. Oh well, Aberdeen and York aren't bad....still waiting on St. Andrews but that is a definite no so I am have to choose between those two. Got unconditional offers so at least I don't have to worry about grades.

York's brilliant. :smile:

And many of us could just about die for unconditional offers right now, so lucky you! :tongue: Good luck with St. Andrews.
Reply 2822
Original post by mikeandadamsmum
In the mail? Interesting! Will be looking out for the postie now.

Well done on getting your insurance :biggrin: (if I remember correctly).

Thanks!
Got rejected for Geography and Economics :frown: Really upset :cry:
Original post by Charlesworth

I'm really sorry. I don't know anything about you, but I like seeing your avatar around. Have a hug. :console:
Reply 2825
I accepted my offer for Computer Science just over two weeks ago. Received it end of December but for some reason left the choice until recently. I'm really looking forward to September now!
Any definites for CompSci?
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm really sorry. I don't know anything about you, but I like seeing your avatar around. Have a hug. :console:

aww thank you very much :hugs:

oh no! :frown: what other options do you have?
Original post by imre93
This was the email I got a couple of days ago:

Dear Imre

Thank you for your application to study at the University of Edinburgh.

This year the College of Humanities and Social Science is making offers in stages. Your academic qualifications, personal statement and reference constitute a strong application and I would like to assure you that it is still under active consideration.

We will be in touch with you no later than 10 April with an update on the status of your application.
In the meantime, you can access further information about studying at the University of Edinburgh here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/edinburgh/introduction

Yours sincerely

University of Edinburgh

I must say I was relieved when I received it and the wait is now a little less arduous. Thanks, your unis aren't bad either :smile: My EUCLID is still blank as usual ...

I bet, that's good. Well I hope they give you an offer after all of this waiting :smile: The 10th isn't that far away now either, you can pass your time by revising haha.

Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear this! It really is a horrible feeling receiving a rejection! -hugs- I wish you the best of luck with your other applications :smile: I thought I would have heard back by now but I still have a blank status :frown: I figure it'll be bad news so I'm sort of prepared for it now. :tongue:
Original post by star9005
oh no! :frown: what other options do you have?

I have an offer from Cambridge, but I am really pessimistic that I will reach that offer :s-smilie: So I was really hoping I could get an offer from Edinburgh to insure :colondollar:

Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear this! It really is a horrible feeling receiving a rejection! -hugs- I wish you the best of luck with your other applications :smile: I thought I would have heard back by now but I still have a blank status :frown: I figure it'll be bad news so I'm sort of prepared for it now. :tongue:

Thank you :smile: I hope you get an offer soon, and if you do firm it I hope you have a great time at Edinburgh :biggrin:
Reply 2831
I'll join the chat. Applied for Psychology. PENDING, surprisingly. I can tell you I'm going to cry if they reject me.

Any Psychology offers recently? Does anyone even have a blank status?

Oh, about those tuition fee tabs, do they mean anything anymore? I think I've had all three for a long time.
Reply 2832
BLANK STATUS FINALLY!!!!!!
Biological Sciences

something is moving!!
Reply 2833
Original post by 3sixsix
I'll join the chat. Applied for Psychology. PENDING, surprisingly. I can tell you I'm going to cry if they reject me.

Oh, about those tuition fee tabs, do they mean anything anymore? I think I've had all three for a long time.

I've been looking for other people, applying for psychology for some time now. The genereal idea i got is that the College of Humanities and Social Science is going to start giving out offers when april comes until the 10th, since I have not seen anyone with an offer for psychology lately :P But don't worry, they'll answer!!! I hope xD Good luck to all of us! :smile::P
Original post by Ic0
I've been looking for other people, applying for psychology for some time now. The genereal idea i got is that the College of Humanities and Social Science is going to start giving out offers when april comes until the 10th, since I have not seen anyone with an offer for psychology lately :P But don't worry, they'll answer!!! I hope xD Good luck to all of us! :smile::P

Original post by 3sixsix

Hi! :smile:
I'm an international applicant for Psychology and am still PENDING. :frown:
I emailed the admissions office a few days ago and they told me:

"Please accept my apologies that you have not yet received a decision from us.

We are currently working very hard to ensure the majority of International applicants receive a decision from us within the next week or so.

We do ask for your patience in what is a very busy period in our office."

So it looks like we just have to wait another week or so. :smile:
Reply 2835
I have an offer for Veterinary Medicine - I'm absolutely delighted as Edinburgh has always been my favourite vet school!
Reply 2836
YES!

offer for C100 Biological Sciences!!!

-----> 35 IB points (5,5,5 in bio, chem, german a1 HL, plus 4 in english a2 sl)

as and EU applicant.

*started bawling in the school's college office out of pure happiness*

Edit: spelling mistake, thank you carnationlilyrose!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MiriamG
YES!

offer for C100 Biological Sciences!!!

-----> 35 IB points (5,5,5 in bio, chem, german a1 HL, plus 4 in english a2 sl)

as and EU applicant.

*started balling in the school's college office out of pure happiness*

I'm kind of assuming you meant bawling, unless the staff in your school office are amazingly broad-minded.
Reply 2838
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm kind of assuming you meant bawling, unless the staff in your school office are amazingly broad-minded.

I'm glad I only need a 4 in English then=)
Thank you
Original post by MiriamG
I'm glad I only need a 4 in English then=)
Thank you

I'm a little disappointed, tbh.... Hoping for an amusing story!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending