The Student Room Group

The Real Housewives of New York

(edited 2 years ago)
Its not as good as Real Housewives of Orange County but it is pretty funny. Today was a funny episode.
Reply 2
Original post by Hotsauce
Pleease tell me someone else knows what I'm talking about? It's some quality viewing... :biggrin:

Yeees, I know what you're talking about. A large group of overly wealthy women whose husbands work for them, and all they do is complain and whine at those husbands and their fellow wealthy women. They also scream and cry and glare and insist that they are correct far too much.

That's my opinion.

My mum loves it though, so go ahead and watch!
Terrible terrible show, rather than wealthy people living their lives its just a show about people trying to tell you about how wealthy and great their lives are. If it was that great you wouldn't want to waste time with a TV show and if you were that rich you wouldn't need to make a point of it.
Reply 4
sounds like you're quite well-informed about it too....a secret fan?? :tongue:

some of the husbands are equally awful actually...

Haha, noo, I barely watch any TV anyway. I only ever come across things like this whilst I'm sharing the living room with the parents, with the majority of my attention on the laptop or with food.

And if they are, then they are equally outrageous and similar to girls on the playground. :biggrin:
Reply 5
haha...i'm the opposite. my parents would be horrified if they knew all the crappy tv i watched...it's a guilty pleasure. i love this genre though. what is it officially called? it is completely taking over from all these reality tv competitions...it's sort of reality-drama? loads of programmes similar to it around these days.

and again, i agree. the women are like teenagers. in fact, i would say worse. they're like a really dysfunctional family. i wouldn't dare act that way to my friends...

I'd say it's probably just a standard reality... I say this because the competitions are similarly dramatic and staged. In Big Brother, eccentrics and big personalities are chosen and poked and prodded with strange tasks to create drama. In X Factor, four judges constantly bombard each other with an onslaught of 'friendly banter' that ends up in the newspapers, which add that this isn't fair to the contestants - drama!

I could go on about the dramatic reality shizz. It's not really reality. The only reality in the dictionary sense of the word is that seen in documentaries (and not docu-dramas).
Reply 6
Does anyone watch this!?

They're showing all 5 series (I'm assuming) back to back on ITV2 and we're in the middle of series 3 at the moment.

It's about the funniest thing I've ever watched. Seriously, I recommend it if you haven't seen it. And it just gets better and better...I was almost crying with laughter at today's episode...they are all completely crazy. :tongue:

Pleease tell me someone else knows what I'm talking about? It's some quality viewing... :biggrin:

You also have, the real house wives of Orange county and Beverly Hills :biggrin:
Original post by Pop_tart
You also have, the real house wives of Orange county and Beverly Hills :biggrin:

The OC is the best.

oh yay! a fellow viewer! have you been watching since the start?

kelly is absolutely mental. i never liked her, and was kind of annoyed when jill took her under her wing as jill's my favourite, but all the others seemed to fall under her spell too. i feel just as relieved as bethenney now that everyone realises what a psycho she is....

I have been watching from the start, ive also seen the rest of this series, it gets worse :p:
Does anyone watch this!?

They're showing all 5 series (I'm assuming) back to back on ITV2 and we're in the middle of series 3 at the moment.

It's about the funniest thing I've ever watched. Seriously, I recommend it if you haven't seen it. And it just gets better and better...I was almost crying with laughter at today's episode...they are all completely crazy. :tongue:

I watch the Real Housewives of New York City!! :biggrin:

Guilty pleasure... :ninja:
Reply 9
Original post by Dee Leigh
I watch the Real Housewives of New York City!! :biggrin:

Guilty pleasure... :ninja:

Mine too... :ninja: :colondollar:
Original post by Gales
Mine too... :ninja: :colondollar:

Have you been watching it on ITV2?

Jill is awful, Luann is a snake and Kelly is crazy and delusional.

I like Simon and Alex. And I like how hardworking and ambitious Bethenny is.
Reply 11
Original post by Dee Leigh
Have you been watching it on ITV2?

Jill is awful, Luann is a snake and Kelly is crazy and delusional.

I like Simon and Alex. And I like how hardworking and ambitious Bethenny is.

Yes, I've been watching the OC version too since I have nothing to do any more! :tongue:

I agree; at first I really liked Jill, but she looks like a bitch now. Kelly is weird, like she always has to stand out and be different, like on the yacht today. I was like stfu woman. :tongue: Don't like Luann at all though, complete and utter hanger-on. Stabs everyone in the back and can't stand it when people try to sort things out for Jill! Anyway, I really like Ramona, I think her heart's in the right place, despite her being a little mad. I think I've got into this programme a little too much :colondollar:
Original post by Gales
Yes, I've been watching the OC version too since I have nothing to do any more! :tongue:

I agree; at first I really liked Jill, but she looks like a bitch now. Kelly is weird, like she always has to stand out and be different, like on the yacht today. I was like stfu woman. :tongue: Don't like Luann at all though, complete and utter hanger-on. Stabs everyone in the back and can't stand it when people try to sort things out for Jill! Anyway, I really like Ramona, I think her heart's in the right place, despite her being a little mad. I think I've got into this programme a little too much :colondollar:

I used to watch a little bit of the OC, as well as Beverly Hills, Miami and New Jersey, but cba. NY is my.favourite franchise.

I admit I do have my own opinions on.the OC show as well.

Yep Kelly was so ridiculous on the yacht...but she gets worse.

Ramona's mean and crazy but I like her a little bit. And I also like Sonja.

Countess CANNOT sing! I love how Mario called her 'Countless' and she reacted to that, but she doesn't react to people calling her a sl*t. Maybe it's true that she sleeps around with men???
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest