The Student Room Group

History of Art 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arthistory94
I've got an offer from Aberdeen, I think the offer is for BBB. :smile:

When did you reply and when did you receive the offer?
Reply 101
I applied to Bristol, Oxford Brookes, Aberystwyth, Reading and Plymouth the day before the 15th January deadline, and have heard back from all of them except Reading! I'm a mature student so already have 3 Bs at A level though, which might account for the speedy responses!
Original post by Worriedstudent1893
When did you reply and when did you receive the offer?

I haven't replied yet, still waiting on The Courtauld Institute to get back (will probably be a rejection!), however, got the offer on the 17th of January :smile:
Reply 103
Hi, just got an offer from UCL! So happy, genuinely :smile: My offer is AAB, and it's definitely my first choice. Has anyone ese heard from them?:smile: xxxx
Original post by hannahb22
Hi, just got an offer from UCL! So happy, genuinely :smile: My offer is AAB, and it's definitely my first choice. Has anyone ese heard from them?:smile: xxxx

Me! Snap haha, i got the same requirements as you :smile: i was absolutely shocked, i thought my interview went terribly and had pretty much ruled it out as an option because of that so i was so made up when i got an offer!!
I've read a few posts from people that said they've received interviews from Leeds, how did it go?
I have my interview on Thursday and even though Leicester has already given me an offer that I'm planning on taking I'm still really nervous about this interview!
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Recieved a letter from Leeds yesterday to say I've got an interview on the 24th. I'm now panicking, has anyone else got on then????
Also, anyone who's already had one what did they ask/ what was it like?
Original post by Katherineee
Recieved a letter from Leeds yesterday to say I've got an interview on the 24th. I'm now panicking, has anyone else got on then????
Also, anyone who's already had one what did they ask/ what was it like?

Hi, I had my interview today! There was a group of us and we had a presentation about the course for about half an hour. It was all very general, stuff you're quite likely to know already. Then we were given individual interview times and while we waited we could go for a coffee or sit outside and wait.
Mine was an informal interview so when it was my turn he reminded me of that and told me not to worry, he wasn't going to ask me any 'weird' questions. They ask a few questions about your personal statement but they also have a few set questions. I applied to History of Art with Museum Studies so I as asked what I thought the link between history of art and museum studies was, what I wanted to do after the course (Masters and then curator), had I been to any exhibitions recently, what do I think of the museums around Leeds and which was my favourite. I can't really remember what else I was asked.
He asked if I had any questions and one of mine was "when do I find out?" and he actually gave me a conditional offer right then and there. I don't believe I was the only one to get that, either, so you won't really have to wait for that.

Best of luck to you :smile:
Has anyone heard back from Goldsmiths or UCL yet? I have still not heard back from them and now I'm getting worried. i sent in my application on the 30th of December. :s-smilie:
Reply 110
Hi all
Im in my final year doing HoA at Warwick. Happy to help any who is considering coming here/has any questions
Original post by cjones137
Hi all
Im in my final year doing HoA at Warwick. Happy to help any who is considering coming here/has any questions

YES i've applied to Warwick and still waiting patiently for a response. Just wondered what the option is to study abroad? And also what is the uni like socially, I've always pictured Warwick to be in the middle of nowhere, thanks! :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by Speider
I applied to Bristol, Oxford Brookes, Aberystwyth, Reading and Plymouth the day before the 15th January deadline, and have heard back from all of them except Reading! I'm a mature student so already have 3 Bs at A level though, which might account for the speedy responses!

Hi, I applied for History of Art and English literature on Reading, late November and didn't hear anything yet. I am a mature (24), international student - so i guess they take their time... But I did receive rejection from another course from Reading. So i don't know what are they waiting for really.

Anyone heard back from Reading yet?

Good luck with offers.
Reply 113
Reading are the only one I'm waiting for... All the others responded within a few days a couple of weeks ago! I'm only 25 so I feel a bit odd referring to myself as a mature student!
Reply 114
Original post by Speider
Reading are the only one I'm waiting for... All the others responded within a few days a couple of weeks ago! I'm only 25 so I feel a bit odd referring to myself as a mature student!

Yeah - it is odd, i don't feel like mature, I probably would if I have a kid. But on a paper I am so what you gonna do.
Well Reading is probably special :smile:
YES! HoA thread :smile:
Anyone here applied to Manchester?? Its my first choice now, after i got rejected from UCL yesterday lol. I've also got an offer from Birmingham. Still waiting on Nottingham and Reading though.
I've heard good things about HoA @ Reading, someone care to back this up, might consider it my insurance choice if i get an offer :smile:
xx
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 117
Anyone heard from the Courtauld?
They said they would send interview invitations by today... If I got nothing, does it mean a rejection?
Haven't heard from Courtauld yet, thought it was the 22nd or something? Eughh!
Also- had a group interview at Leeds, generally hated the experience but still got an offer from the ABB. :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by arthistory94
Haven't heard from Courtauld yet, thought it was the 22nd or something? Eughh!
Also- had a group interview at Leeds, generally hated the experience but still got an offer from the ABB. :smile:

Congrats! I got an offer from Sussex (35 IB points) and an interview at Saint Martins. When did you send your Courtauld Questionnaire?

Quick Reply

Latest