The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SK94
hello! i do btec level 3 extended diploma in business and im applying to unis next year i am aiming for three DDD at least. And i have average GCSES. What chances do i have in getting into a good uni? HELP!

It depends what you mean by good uni? I'm not too sure about the btec but DDD is very good right? Most good uni's I have seen the requirements for ask for DMM/DDM. What I would do is get as many prospectus' now, they may be for 2012 but you can get a vague idea and then pick the ones you want the 2013 prospectus for when they come out. What I did was emailed the universities asking about my chances - and they were really helpful :smile:
I've got an offer from Warwick, King's, Bath & Bristol. Which should I go to?
Original post by Heathcliff...
I've got an offer from Warwick, King's, Bath & Bristol. Which should I go to?

wow well done!!! If it was me i'd go to Warwick based on the opportunities they have on offer: jobs afterwards etc. Depends though if you want to be in London maybe you like the busy city? Or somewhere quieter & smaller like Bath/Bristol. Maybe go visit them all again [:
Original post by james'94
believe it or not i have just recieved an offer, from loughborough haha.
they offered me AAB
and last week i got one from sheffield at ABB
Good luck!

HOW EXCITING! how long did it take for them to get back to you? Congrats ! :smile:
Original post by GeeGaryJunior
Just seen this! Since the 15th of Nov, I've gotten 2 offers from Leicester and 1 from Hertfordshire. Sheffield are taking ages to get back to me though! How's your offers coming along?

Well done that's so good!:smile: My college only sent it on friday :frown: So my app has only been received by Leicester & Loughborough, just waiting to hear back.. scary!! how long did it take for them to get back to you??
Original post by hannahlw21
Well done that's so good!:smile: My college only sent it on friday :frown: So my app has only been received by Leicester & Loughborough, just waiting to hear back.. scary!! how long did it take for them to get back to you??

haha thanks! ahh thats not bad. you'll get offers soon. once you get one they all seem to fly in :biggrin: & I got my first offer from leicester 6 hours after my ucas got sent of :colondollar: and the others came shortly after. what was your AS/predicted like? and what are you applying for at leicester? we could potentially be in lectures togetherrrrr haaa!!
Reply 126
Applied for Management :smile:
Predicted - AABa + Pass in Welsh Bac

Applied to:
Warwick
City
Westminster
Kings
Cardiff

Received an offer from City for AA + Welsh Bac.
Edinburgh (minimum BBBB, but AAAA)
Edinburgh Napier (BBCC)
Strathclyde (AAAB)
Heriot-Watt (AAAB)
Glasgow (AAAB)

SO ive met the requirements with AAABC (should have been another A but sqa hates appeals...)
predicted A,A,A at higher then A,B at advanced higher this year also! heres hoping...
anyone else applying to same uni's as me?
Reply 128
Original post by imonlylittle
Edinburgh (minimum BBBB, but AAAA)
Edinburgh Napier (BBCC)
Strathclyde (AAAB)
Heriot-Watt (AAAB)
Glasgow (AAAB)

SO ive met the requirements with AAABC (should have been another A but sqa hates appeals...)
predicted A,A,A at higher then A,B at advanced higher this year also! heres hoping...
anyone else applying to same uni's as me?

I've quoted you in HW thread too!
I'm applying at HW,Strathclyde, Glasgow and Napier. The other is Aberdeen. :smile:
Original post by Emelynaki
I've quoted you in HW thread too!
I'm applying at HW,Strathclyde, Glasgow and Napier. The other is Aberdeen. :smile:

haha possible potential classmate at 4 unis :biggrin:
Original post by bexbiggs
Applied for Management :smile:
Predicted - AABa + Pass in Welsh Bac

Applied to:
Warwick
City
Westminster
Kings
Cardiff

Received an offer from City for AA + Welsh Bac.

Wll done :smile: I've applied to City and Kings too :biggrin: So do you only have to get two As and it doesn't matter about your other a-levels as long as you have the welsh bac? I'm doing the AQA Bacc do you think (If I do get one) I would get an offer which is similar? Which is your favourite uni?
Reply 131
haha possible potential classmate at 4 unis :biggrin:

It would be great to get to know someone before I get there! :smile:

It would be great to get to know someone before I get there! :smile:

Haha yeah! :biggrin:
Well i'll keep you updated with offers and you do the same? :smile:

haha thanks! ahh thats not bad. you'll get offers soon. once you get one they all seem to fly in :biggrin: & I got my first offer from leicester 6 hours after my ucas got sent of :colondollar: and the others came shortly after. what was your AS/predicted like? and what are you applying for at leicester? we could potentially be in lectures togetherrrrr haaa!!

I'm predicted AAB, so I'm predicted what I need! I applied for Management studies :smile:
Reply 134
Got offers from:
Lancaster AAB
Glasgow ABB
Sheffield ABB
and waiting for york and durham...
Does anyone know what the offer usually is for durham when it says minimum ABB in prospectus ?
Original post by jw008
Got offers from:
Lancaster AAB
Glasgow ABB
Sheffield ABB
and waiting for york and durham...
Does anyone know what the offer usually is for durham when it says minimum ABB in prospectus ?

When did you send your application off? What are your predicted grades? I've applied for Durham and Lancaster too :biggrin: But no offers yet :frown:
Reply 136
Conditional offer at Northumbria :smile:
Reply 137
Haha yeah! :biggrin:
Well i'll keep you updated with offers and you do the same? :smile:

It would be great , thanks!
ofc I'll do the same, altho till now...nothing! :redface:
I sent off my application on the 29th November and haven't heard anything at all so far :frown:

i'm an international student doing IB with predicted 43 points
applied to:
-Lancaster (32 points)
-LSE (37 points)
-Loughborough (36 points)
-York (35 points)
-Leeds (34 points)
Reply 139
Original post by SonnyZH
Heard from all my choices now, offers from LSE, King's, Warwick, Cass and Regent's College London for Business/Management :biggrin:. Best of luck with your apps.

Heyy congrats.. what did regents and kings offer ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending