The Student Room Group

A Level Philosophy & Ethics or Psychology?

I am currently on my last year of studying GCSEs and am preparing to choose the options for my A Levels. My ambition is to become a veterinarian surgeon, so I have definitely settled on taking Chemistry, Biology and Physics. But I don't know whether to choose Psychology or Philosophy & Ethics. I am able to take 5, but I want to focus on my main subjects and not over work myself.
At the moment I average in A's in all my subjects, except English I believe, but much higher in the sciences(Triple Award) and will hopefully be able to get A*'s by the end. I did not take any humanities subjects at GCSE except full course RE(My school offers a short course for everyone who doesn't want to take it as an option). I believe I'm fairly good at written work, just that no one is able to read my writing and my English teacher seems to dislike me. :frown:
Please help!?
Original post by Liberty.
I am currently on my last year of studying GCSEs and am preparing to choose the options for my A Levels. My ambition is to become a veterinarian surgeon, so I have definitely settled on taking Chemistry, Biology and Physics. But I don't know whether to choose Psychology or Philosophy & Ethics. I am able to take 5, but I want to focus on my main subjects and not over work myself.
At the moment I average in A's in all my subjects, except English I believe, but much higher in the sciences(Triple Award) and will hopefully be able to get A*'s by the end. I did not take any humanities subjects at GCSE except full course RE(My school offers a short course for everyone who doesn't want to take it as an option). I believe I'm fairly good at written work, just that no one is able to read my writing and my English teacher seems to dislike me. :frown:
Please help!?

I'd chuck maths in there. Not essential but a good subject, like physics which you have chosen. I would recommend philosophy over psychology as it is listed as an A subject compared to psychology which is listed as B subject (http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604)

quote me for a reply
Reply 2
I'd chuck maths in there. Not essential but a good subject, like physics which you have chosen. I would recommend philosophy over psychology as it is listed as an A subject compared to psychology which is listed as B subject (http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604)

I only just seemed to scrape an A in maths so I didn't even look over it ;L not to mention how I definitely do not enjoy it at all, but I have been told goes very well with Physics. I just wouldn't want to put myself through two years of doing something I wouldn't enjoy. But thank you for the advice on everything!
I only just considered doing Philosophy and Ethics today, since apparently there isn't too much religion in it and more debating, theories and opinions etc. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest