The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I sit in the second row from the front in lectures. There were loads of people on boths sides and i wanted to get out. I climbed onto the seats infront of me, and all i had to do was swing my legs over. Didn't ****ing work, lost my balance and fell hard. Like a brick.
Reply 181
Original post by EffKayy
Oh yeah, and saying "Yes miss" to your male teacher when he calls your name out on the register and everyone casually glares are you... |:

I called my teacher "mum" once. :getmecoat:
- Running for the bus, but the bus starts to drive off so you carry on running to pretend you were running for something else.

- When you go to sit down in a classroom thinking there is a chair there but there isn't and you fall to the ground.

- When you have your skirt on inside out and someone informs you so you have to turn it round under the table because the teacher won't let you leave the classroom.

- When you fall down the stairs at college and get up like nothing has happened.

- When you're on a spinny chair and you fall off it mid-spin when someone knocks into you.

- When you pay for something that you think is £1 but the cashier says it's £1.01 and you only have £1 on you.....
(edited 12 years ago)
I wouldnt say this is a regular thing but it was embarrassing so...

Stood in line at the Co-op and saw my friend who works there. I was in quite a long queue so we got chatting and I didn't hear the checkout woman going "Next please...NEXT PLEASE" until she'd said it about six times.
After leaving the Co-op I was walking down the main road and stopped so a car could get out of the driveway. I waved my hand to say thank you and tripped. The man in the car laughed.

:frown:
Original post by eyre2
lol i thought that only happens in cartoon:biggrin:

Orly?

:awesome:
Reply 185
I fell down the stairs at school once, out of all places.

I went to one of them ski places with fake snow, what a fail. It took us about half an hour to get up the hill and we all had to wait in this queue before we could go down, it finally got to me but I couldn't keep up right and started going down the hill backwards! I kept trying to stop myself but it was so awkward with the skis on so everyone in the queue had to watch me go down backwards like a right idiot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 186
i was walking to the shops when i woman started waving at me, i didn't want to seem rude so I waved back and smiled, as she got close to me she said f*** off. I felt embarrassed and sorry for myself
Reply 187
I've slipped on ice so many times now it doesn't phase me anymore. I think one embarrassing moment is when you stomach is really growling and you're sitting in the library and everyone is just hearing it urgh.
Reply 188
I was in New Look and as I finished walking up the stairs I accidently trod on someone's foot who was sitting down. I said sorry and put my hand out, only to find out it was just a mannequin. People who were nearby looked at me like I was some sort of weirdo for talking to dolls -_-
Reply 189
me and my friends were riding our bikes back in year 7 in the half term, we just used to ride anywhere for fun, we all decided to take a break, i noticed a brick wall so i stopped near it but infront of the prickly bush which was infront of the brick wall. I proceeded to rest against what i thought was the brick wall (which in reality was about 10 yards away), i just fell right into the prickly bush :facepalm:all confused and then realising how far the brick wall was :colondollar:. My friends couldnt stop laughing and constantly remind me about it when we are in that area.
Reply 190
Original post by Disenchanted
Orly?

:awesome:

omg that actually scared me lol:biggrin:
Reply 191
Original post by Deziah
I fell down the stairs at school once, out of all places.

I went to one of them ski places with fake snow, what a fail. It took us about half an hour to get up the hill and we all had to wait in this queue before we could go down, it finally got to me but I couldn't keep up right and started going down the hill backwards! I kept trying to stop myself but it was so awkward with the skis on so everyone in the queue had to watch me go down backwards like a right idiot.

lol thats more funny then embarasing...i bet everyone was like byeee!:biggrin:
Reply 192
Original post by eyre2
lol thats more funny then embarasing...i bet everyone was like byeee!:biggrin:

It does make me laugh more than cringe. ;D
But at the time it was so embarrassing seen as it took half an hour to go up and I was the only one going backwards, plus it all had to happen in slow motion. ;D
Oh some of these posts have reminded me of something that happened earlier this year to me...

Being a 15 year old, I was on my laptop looking at "adult content" and I was while I was watching some I decided to go on the PS3. I was in the middle of a match on Black Ops, and I hear someone behind me so I turn round to find my mother glaring at my laptop screen, then at me (I had forgot to minimize the screen, so it was there in all it's glory). :colondollar:
Original post by BumShuffle
I decided to do a front flip when we were doing gym in my Year 8 PE class five years ago. I was completely incapable of doing such a move, but hell I was determined!

I started sprinting down the length of the hall, puppy-fat-laden body quivering with the sheer speed... And then I kind of dived. It apparently looked like a a perfect racing dive without the pool. I thought my arms would save me and catapult me over, but I just ended up bellyflopping onto the gym floor.

Not that bad? Well, my old school had a huge echo-y hall, and the only thing that drowned out the sound of my body literally going splat was the massive baritone fart of fear that came shooting out of my backside a split second after I hit the floor.

Even my old brazen witch of a PE teacher couldn't help but cringe for a second... And then she handed out a detention for 'dangerous behaviour' and, as she put it, 'poor hygiene'.

Ah, Year 8 PE. Such happy, comfortable times...

I literally burst out laughing reading this. Have you ever considered being an author of some form? Your writing's very good!
Original post by Natty.B
i was walking to the shops when i woman started waving at me, i didn't want to seem rude so I waved back and smiled, as she got close to me she said f*** off. I felt embarrassed and sorry for myself

Ouch, what a bitch. That's why if I ever see people waving in my direction, I ignore them unless they call out my name or try to get my attention again to avoid comments like that D:
Reply 196
Putting food in someone else's trolley.

Wetting myself in reception because the teacher told the class we weren't allowed to talk or get out of our seats. I didn't think to put my hand up.

There have been worse incidents but there's no way I'm repeating them on here.

You walk along talking to a friend or someone in general then they go all mystic (Usual just get left behind or caught in a crowd or something) and you look like a complete idiot talking to yourself.

That awful dance you inevitably end up doing when you find yourself face to face with another person who walks into your path and seems incapable of moving out of your way like a normal human being *cue side stepping*.

Being over-dressed for a casual event and having to walk around like a prize prat for the rest of the day/evening.

Skirt in pants. Need I say anymore.

Standing on an escalator, not paying attention, only to reach the next floor quicker than anticipated. Oh, and then meeting the floor or the back of the person in front as you trip where it ends.

Having a bird crap on you.

Washing your hands after using the loo only to accidently splash water up, over your crotch area and having to walk around looking like you are incontinent until it dries.

These are just a few of the finer ones that happen to me on a regular basis. :rolleyes:
Having a toddler speak to you and not knowing how to respond :eek:
Reply 199
Throwing something in the air and trying to catch it but failing.

My lecturer did it with a pen two times in a row and failed both times, poor guy :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest