The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir Fox
I am 21 and constantly get asked whether I am already 18 :tongue: Most people estimate me to be 16 or 17, but when I am 80 and people think I'm 70, it's still okay :biggrin:

Yeah I'm the same, I'm 16 (17 next in a month), and I expect most people think I'm ~15 or so, if I'm lucky. :tongue: But I get it from my mum's side, she's 45 and looks mid-thirties, and my gran is 77 I think, and could easily pass for 60. :yep:
Reply 781
Original post by Amwazicles
Yeah I'm the same, I'm 16 (17 next in a month), and I expect most people think I'm ~15 or so, if I'm lucky. :tongue: But I get it from my mum's side, she's 45 and looks mid-thirties, and my gran is 77 I think, and could easily pass for 60. :yep:

Same with my family, parents who are actually close to fifty are always considered in their end-thirties. My grandfather is estimated 80 although he is 90 ...
In primary school, I was called up in assembly for an award. I had pins and needles. I got up and fell back down again. :redface:
Was walking home drunk and got caught pissing on someones garden tree, that was kinda embarassing thinking back to it, at the time i was too drunk to give a **** though.
in tech food i dropped my meal, that i had spent an hour making, on the floor in front of the whole class
Well, we have a 'au naturelle' male rabbit i.e. randy rabbit. ( :hump2: :tongue:)
We can't keep the cat flap open when he's in the garden because he comes in - so if we're in the house and one of our (female) cats has managed to drag herself outside and wants to come in, we open a window. Then they can jump in.
One of the cats, desperate to escape the rabbit mojo, leapt straight for the open window...

:stupido2:

And SMACK! Hit the window, fell unelegantly off, and then had to run for it from the rabbit.
What sort of cat does that? SERIOUSLY!?! :shock:

I think she was pretty embarassed - for a cat. :shh:

EDIT - negative rater, please EXPLAIN YOURSELF. Or you shall be in the same league of idiocy as my rabbit (or cat... or sibling... or - yeah)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by extremebadgers
in tech food i dropped my meal, that i had spent an hour making, on the floor in front of the whole class

Tech food, LOL!
This didn't happen to me but is certainly an embarrasing situation for the student involved:-

At my Uni (Manchester Metropolitan), there is a Student Information point where you can find out where rooms are, times for exams etc etc. Anyway, a woman came in and started asking where X room was (can't remember which one) - the two people on the desk kinda looked at her unsure of what she had said, and then told her that she wanted the University of Manchester, which is just down the road from us :biggrin: - she'd come into the wrong University entirely...

Needless to say she left in a hurry, and looked rather red.
When we went to France in Year 9 I got off the ferry and there was this beach full of parasols and people building sandcastles. I turned to my friend and said ‘Oh look! We’re by the sea!’ :colondollar:.

In the hall at senior school where we did PE there was a stage at one end of the room that was about 3 to 4 foot high. The PE class was waiting for the teacher to come in and we were all running towards the stage then jumping and turning at the last minute to land sitting on the edge of the stage. I didn’t time it right and ended up whacking my tail bone on the edge of the stage and falling on the floor. I tend to laugh when I hurt myself for some reason so I just started giggling on the floor.

In year 6 I bought my ‘boyfriend’ a Valentine’s card that sang ‘simply the best’ when you opened it. My teacher heard it and decided to announce to the class that we’d bought eachother valentines and then played the card to the whole class. Why did I think it was a good idea to buy that? Why?!

I accidently pressed the blue disabled alarm on the bus instead of the stop button :sad:.

I got locked out of my flat in Fresher’s and had to walk to the Accommodation Office to ask for a key in my big fluffy lion slippers.

Original post by Marc707
Running to get a bus with is beginning to pull out. Everyone on the bus is looking at you but the bus drives off regardless. Now you have to stand in humiliation while everyone else at the bus stop waiting for different busses secretly laughs at you.

That happened to me and my friends once but I just managed to hit the outer button on the side of the bus that controls the door so the driver had no choice but to stop and let us on :p:. They used to deliberately drive off when they saw the college kids.

Original post by Alexandra's Box
Well, we have a 'au naturelle' male rabbit i.e. randy rabbit. ( :hump2: :tongue:)
We can't keep the cat flap open when he's in the garden because he comes in - so if we're in the house and one of our (female) cats has managed to drag herself outside and wants to come in, we open a window. Then they can jump in.
One of the cats, desperate to escape the rabbit mojo, leapt straight for the open window...

:stupido2:

And SMACK! Hit the window, fell unelegantly off, and then had to run for it from the rabbit.
What sort of cat does that? SERIOUSLY!?! :shock:

I think she was pretty embarassed - for a cat. :shh:

That's one mad cat :p:. My Dad once walked into our garden and there was a cat next to the pond. It was so frightened of my Dad that it jumped in the pond in an attempt to get away!
Original post by Emmie3303

That's one mad cat :p:. My Dad once walked into our garden and there was a cat next to the pond. It was so frightened of my Dad that it jumped in the pond in an attempt to get away!

I know. She has many a dumb habit.
But she's so pretty :emog:

:gigg: Cat in a pond - haha :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 790
Everyone does something clumsy at some point in their lives

It's normal
I know. She has many a dumb habit.
But she's so pretty :emog:

:gigg: Cat in a pond - haha :redface: :biggrin:

Slightly off topic here, but, cats are awesome :p:. We don't have one because my mam is allergic but there is one cat that belongs to our neighbours and it practically lives in our garden. In summer it jumps through our open windows :grin:.
Slightly off topic here, but, cats are awesome :p:. We don't have one because my mam is allergic but there is one cat that belongs to our neighbours and it practically lives in our garden. In summer it jumps through our open windows :grin:.

Ooo I love cats! They're so sweet (until they drag in a croaking frog... but everyone's got bad points, hey?)
Aww that's so cute. I'm so glad no-one in our house is allergic to them. How terrible it'll be... though I guess I've rarely been in a catless house my whole life! :tongue:
:snoozing: (They're so lazy)
Ooo I love cats! They're so sweet (until they drag in a croaking frog... but everyone's got bad points, hey?)
Aww that's so cute. I'm so glad no-one in our house is allergic to them. How terrible it'll be... though I guess I've rarely been in a catless house my whole life! :tongue:
:snoozing: (They're so lazy)

Haha, that's not the kind of present you want to wake up to in the morning!
Haha, that's not the kind of present you want to wake up to in the morning!

Once there was one in their drinking bowl. :cool:
Once there was one in their drinking bowl. :cool:

Oh dear :tongue:. Casper (the cat that might as well be ours) kills mice a lot. At first he didn't catch any and we just thought he was rubbish at it. Then his owners bought him a new collar without a bell...
Original post by Sir Fox
Walking right into a lamppost. You always think it's something only happening in movies until it happens to you ...

I saw someone do that in 1st year. She was texting and walked straight into it, dusted herself off and carried on as if nothing had happened. I was suprised she wasn't concussed, she properly smacked her face!
Oh dear :tongue:. Casper (the cat that might as well be ours) kills mice a lot. At first he didn't catch any and we just thought he was rubbish at it. Then his owners bought him a new collar without a bell...

Our cats always escape from any collars we put on them - luckily, they're too lazy to hunt now anyway!
One is hovering behind me right now... think she wants food :rolleyes:
Better deal with her. :biggrin:

Sirius Black and White brings in shrews, mice, birds, frogs (always alive and running/jumping/flapping all over the place)... his sister, Bellatrix, had kittens recently. One of them is called Charlie who has exceeded Sirius' hunting skills despite being tiny. He brought in a baby mole. I'm not even kidding

Picture of Charlie Cow attached :grin:
Original post by Lily Academia
Sirius Black and White brings in shrews, mice, birds, frogs (always alive and running/jumping/flapping all over the place)... his sister, Bellatrix, had kittens recently. One of them is called Charlie who has exceeded Sirius' hunting skills despite being tiny. He brought in a baby mole. I'm not even kidding

Picture of Charlie Cow attached :grin:

Aww, Charlie is so sweet! I can't believe he's managed to catch a baby mole :p:. (Awesome names by the way :grin:)

Quick Reply

Latest