The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by oldham_fran
Throwing up on the dancefloor of Lloyds.... :colondollar:
I don't know why it happened - I wasn't drunk nor did I feel remotely sick. I'd had 2 shots and half a VK. I literally just coughed and a bit of puke came up. Was absolutely mortified...

Isn't that a pharmacy? How drunk were you to think it had a dancefloor? :tongue:
Original post by oldham_fran
Throwing up on the dancefloor of Lloyds.... :colondollar:
I don't know why it happened - I wasn't drunk nor did I feel remotely sick. I'd had 2 shots and half a VK. I literally just coughed and a bit of puke came up. Was absolutely mortified...

I once threw up after one too many drinks. I then spent the rest of the evening with what looked like a wet t-shirt.:redface:
Reply 1382
Ate some food that now I know doesn't agree with me...
Ran to the nearest boots to buy some Imodium just in case - there was one of the best looking guys I've ever seen is serving me.
Cue embarrassment as its obvious why I'm purchasing the Imodium.
Sat in my maths class and I struggle to read what my teacher writes on the whiteboard, Teacher wrote a fairly routine equation out on the board and asked me to solve it, couldnt read a word of it, spent like 30 seconds just saying erm as if I was trying to work it out before I confessed I couldnt see it, he rewrote it bigger for me and I still couldnt read it, he ended up saying something along the lines of "forget glasses, you need a guide dog" :redface:

Also one time at college during a free period I went to play football on a field nearby, got my pumps and joggers covered in mud and then had to go back to for my ICT lesson, sit next to 3 girls in there, they then proceeded to whisper and giggle to each other about me
Original post by xxbradkennedyxx
Sat in my maths class and I struggle to read what my teacher writes on the whiteboard, Teacher wrote a fairly routine equation out on the board and asked me to solve it, couldnt read a word of it, spent like 30 seconds just saying erm as if I was trying to work it out before I confessed I couldnt see it, he rewrote it bigger for me and I still couldnt read it, he ended up saying something along the lines of "forget glasses, you need a guide dog" :redface:

lol

I once asked the teacher what was written on the board. It was then that she realised it made no sense.
I fell down an escalator in a busy train station today. :colondollar:

Just kept looking forward and then walked to the very bottom seats of the platform. xD
One night, I'd been out late with friends, and was walking home from the bus stop closest to my home in north west London. It was about 11pm, so not that late, but it was winter so it had been dark for quite a few hours. There is this slightly dodgy bridge quite close to where I live, where sometimes people will group up to deal drugs and drunken men will stand there when it's late. So I was walking down the path towards this bridge, as I have to go under it to get home. I was trying to walk at a decent pace so I wouldn't be around there too long, as I could see basically no one around and the road looked quite empty. Then I noticed this sound behind me in the distance, like footsteps. So I turned around in my fright and saw this man at the other end of the road walking very quickly in my direction. So whilst I was still turned around, I kept walking really quickly whilst keeping an eye on him. He suddenly began running! So I suddenly decided to attempt an olympic style sprint (well at least in my mind anyway!) down the pavement, convinced I must do so to survive! He was getting quickr and quicker, until he was right behind me! I gasped, convinced I must soon fight him. He then calmly continued running, right past me, and whilst he was out of breath, he reached the bus stop in front of me and held his arm out to the bus that had just reached the stop and that was about to drive off, and didn't look at me once. He then promptly got on the bus and thanked the driver, and I felt like a wally! He had been running for the bus the whole time :colondollar:

Once, when I was about 12/13, I was in a ballet lesson, and had only just started ballet so I didn't have the proper kit yet, I was wearing a black top & black leggings, with tights underneath. What I didn't realise is that the tights dancers wear aren't the tights you get from the high street. So I realised the tights where making it hard to do all the movements properly, but I thought nothing of it. Then my ballet teacher, who was very strict, kept insisting I make these bizarre flexible poses with one leg outstretched in the air. She kept repeating, 'Your arzn't zoing it zight!' before storming up to me and saying 'I vill show you how you should do' before she pulled my leg and stretched it in the air. All I heard was 'RIPPPPP' and everyone STARING at me. :eek: My tights had ripped under my leggings, right down my butt, my teacher just went completely silent, I think she was pretty shocked, as were all the other students. They all just stared at me like 'wtf just happened'. I coughed, seriously the room was just silent. That was very embaressing. Thankfully by the next week I made sure I had proper tights.

Another time, I had bought this elesticated floral strapless top, and the elastic part around the bust was slightly tight at the back, but I decided to wear it any way as most of my decent looking clothes where in the wash. So I put on a bolero thing which is basically just arm sleeves.

So I was walking home in the sunshine, back then sometimes I would skip taking the bus and take a long walk home instead to get a bit of exercise. And as I was in the last 5 minutes of my walk, I noticed people where looking at my funnily and this one lady stormed past me and looked rather angrily at me. Then this drunk guy walked past me, began smacking his lips, and stared at my chest region and said 'OI OI!! PUT IT AWAY LOVE!!' I stared down and to my horror and shock, my top had rolled down past my bra and was sitting just above my belly button!!! I don't think I've ever felt my face go so red!!!!!! So basically, unbeknown to me, I had been walking about with my bra hanging out completely, acting as though it was completely normal! So cringe worthy.

Another embaressing thing that happened to me, was a few years ago when I was still in school and I had just gotten on the bus after a very long tiring day. I was not really paying attention to what was going on around me as I was so tired, I saw an empty seat in the distance next to an older man. I walked forward until I got to the seat, again I wasn't paying attention, so I sqauted down to take a seat when I let out a small shout when I realised I had sat on something. I heard a man shout 'Oww!!' angrily, I stood up quickly, and realised I had sat on the hand of the man in the seat next to me. :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
Coming out of a pub toilet and not noticing the trail of loo roll stuck to your shoe..it stayed for ages before anyone noticed ><
Reply 1388
Having your skirt tucked into your tights and have a random person on the street tell you :facepalm2:
Original post by Incisive
Walking into a lampost :facepalm:

Original post by OU Student
A friend did this. She was too busy having a nose into someones' kitchen.

Tripping over thin air.

I did this and couldn't move my jaw properly for about 4 days. Couldn't eat or speak properly! Hit my head right down my temple and the right side of my jaw so it absolutely killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being the only person drunk on a night out. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't my first night at uni and I had to be walked home. :redface:
Original post by OU Student
Being the only person drunk on a night out. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't my first night at uni and I had to be walked home. :redface:

Is that even possible in fresher's week?
Original post by tehforum
Is that even possible in fresher's week?

That's what I thought too. Apparently, it is possible.
Reply 1393
Original post by Ice Constricter
Getting on the bus and realising you forgot your oyster card.

The drivers usually let you on if you give them a cheeky wink!! :rolleyes:
Swear I must be the most clumsy person ever... Well these are the ones I can think of:

Doing a science experiment in school on a field that sorta dips down, slipped down the slope on a very wet day, got mud all down my skirt and walked around school all day looking like I had an awful accident...

Tripping down the stairs in school (which are positioned in the middle of a sort of t-junction) at the end of school, caused the biggest traffic jam and had people recognising me as 'the girl who fell down the stairs'

On a snowy day when the paths were all icy I wore my wellies to school, and I walked with a sort of hop thinking 'I am just so cool' (this was a long time ago) and falling over... In front of a group of very very hot guys...

Running into a wall in PE... head first.
oh just remembered another one! When you're talking to someone and you're walking in a busy place, you talk for a while and when they don't respond you realise they must have trailed behind and everyone's looking at you like 'who are you talking to..'
Starting a conversation in a group of people then you realize no one's listening to you, so you slowly fade out...
Waving at someone and then realising they were waving to the person behind you.
Singing 'Voulez-vous' really loudly in work, not realising that every single customer could see and hear you.

To make it worse, I was singing into a mop.
Reply 1399
Once, when I received a call from my phone company about mobile phone insurance the woman on the phone asked me, "Are you the phone holder?"
And me, being the silly person I am, interpreted it too literally and responded with "Yeah, I'm holding the phone right now." :facepalm:

Turned out that I'm not actually the phone holder, my dad is. Oops.

Quick Reply

Latest