The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University Of Birmingham offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Jammyj12
Ha I'm trying going to make a decision between Bham and notts too. I'm leaning toward Notts At the moment. Are you going to the nottingham one??

Nah ive already bin too the notts one...business school was amazing!...id be happy to go either tbh ive my unconditonals for both so its all about which would be easier to go too...bhams a train ride away and would save alot of money lol
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 81
:
Original post by Jeeves_90
Nah ive already bin too the notts one...business school was amazing!...id be happy to go either tbh ive my unconditonals for both so its all about which would be easier to go too...bhams a train ride away and would save alot of money lol

Cool, I've been to notts for an open day, and been to stay with my cousin, but I just want to have one last look and I haven't been to Bham before. I just really like the feel of Nottingham, the course looks amazing, I know loads of people that are going and are already there and the nightlife is soo good. Wow 2 unconditionals well done :smile:
I got an AAB offer from Birmingham for English and Creative Writing but am rejecting it for Kent to do English and American Literature with Creative Writing and a Year Abroad- AAB too. I think Birmingham is a little overrated, looking at the Complete Uni Guide and Guardian University League tables the only things putting it above Kent is that its a Russell Group uni and its harder to get into i.e. higher average ucas points.Sure its prestigious but doesn't necessarily make it amazing or mean i'll do better there. that's my personal opinion.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by krystlezara
I got an AAB offer from Birmingham for English and Creative Writing but am rejecting it for Kent to do English and American Literature with Creative Writing and a Year Abroad- AAB too. Birmingham is overrated.

In your opinion....
Reply 84
Original post by krystlezara
I got an AAB offer from Birmingham for English and Creative Writing but am rejecting it for Kent to do English and American Literature with Creative Writing and a Year Abroad- AAB too. Birmingham is overrated.

Why are you even posting here then :/
Original post by Jeeves_90
Why are you even posting here then :/

Clearly doesn't understand that Birmingham is a rather prestigious university, with a very good reputation...and a highly regarded English dept. But hey! :rolleyes:
Reply 86
Offer for Medicine.
AAA
Sent my application 11th (I think)
Original post by Tortellini
Offer for Medicine.
AAA
Sent my application 11th (I think)

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 88
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks! It's my last choice, though!
Are you a Medicine applicant?
Original post by Tortellini
Thanks! It's my last choice, though!
Are you a Medicine applicant?

No, I'm a language student at Bham already...Been mooching around the thread answering questions :smile:
anyone got any offers for the GDL course? im still waiting for mine
i know it would sound very stupid but i am a year 11 very anxious about getting into uni. I really want to get into university of birmingham. do you know the estimated A Level and GCSE Grades for dentistry and pharmacy
International Relations with French offer - AAB :smile: sent 4th Nov, got the offer about ten days later.

Haven't visited the uni and it isnt my first choice - the modules seem sciencey and I'm not really into that. But its nice to know I'm wanted :P
Reply 93
Received a business management offer - IB 35 points

Sent off UCAS 8th Dec, received offer yesterday

Anyone else for business?
Got an unconditional for both BA Geography and Bsc Geography and Urban & Regional Planning :woo:
I'm firming the second :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by DellaLouise
Got an unconditional for both BA Geography and Bsc Geography and Urban & Regional Planning :woo:
I'm firming the second :awesome:

:O so jealous!!!! What are your predicitions?

Offer for BA Geography - AAB :biggrin: wooooooo - will definaitly be my firm XD
Original post by Geog.Geek
:O so jealous!!!! What are your predicitions?

Offer for BA Geography - AAB :biggrin: wooooooo - will definaitly be my firm XD

I'm currently on a gap year and already have my a level results (3 As if it matters :rolleyes:) so that's why I have unconditional's :yep:
Hope to see you there :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by Ece Soysal
Received a business management offer - IB 35 points

Sent off UCAS 8th Dec, received offer yesterday

Anyone else for business?

Hey congrats..ive applied for business management too...ucas was sent off on 21st november and only heard back on monday...but still glad =)
is birmingham going to be your firm?
Reply 98
Original post by The Patriot
ABB - Philosophy

what subjects are you studying? and what grades did you get at AS?

im waiting to hear from them for this course and worried my grades aren't strong enough so would be good to hear someone else's with an offer :smile:
Original post by hullah
what subjects are you studying? and what grades did you get at AS?

im waiting to hear from them for this course and worried my grades aren't strong enough so would be good to hear someone else's with an offer :smile:

I do Law, Politics and Philosophy & Ethics at A2. I took Critical Thinking (by force) and Sociology at AS as well. I got AAAAA. GCSE's weren't incredible but good enough (1.5A*s, 3As 6Bs).

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending