The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Sasharutt
I've applied for Southampton uni to and am still waiting for a response :smile: good luck!

Thank you :smile: Good luck to you to!
Hello!:smile: I have recently applied to study child nursing at Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Chester and Southampton. I have been working at a special needs school as a teaching assistant for two years now and also I'm a part time carer.

I have heard back from two of the universities;I didn't get into Bristol but have been invited for an interview on Thursday at Bournemouth. I am so nervous as I want it so much!

PLEASE can someone help me what I should expect I have been revising like mad but I don't want to be caught off guard. And also nothing was mentioned in the letter about a test.. Should I expect one?

:smile: thankyou!!

Hello :smile:, when did you apply to Bournemouth? My sister applied for child nursing on 9th jan and still hasn't heard anything back... Getting worried lol. Though she has an interview for Cardiff today so all is not lost, I'm going to Bournemouth tho so would of been good if she had gotten in too. (I'm not doing nursing). Good luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by loopyloo2010
Hello :smile:, when did you apply to Bournemouth? My sister applied for child nursing on 9th jan and still hasn't heard anything back... Getting worried lol. Though she has an interview for Cardiff today so all is not lost, I'm going to Bournemouth tho so would of been good if she had gotten in too. (I'm not doing nursing). Good luck with your interview :smile:

Hello :smile: I applied January 11th or around then! In my interview letter it said Thursday is the last lot of interviews however if this has changed or not I'm not sure! Fingers crossed for your sister :smile:

And thankyou!!
Reply 183
Original post by rachbiom
Nope, no calculator at Coventry, that bmi question was well hard!!

hey, i dont know how the exam went as we didnt get the maths results i thought that if u failed the maths that u wouldnt do the group interview? but i did all
Reply 184
Original post by uuknown
hey, i dont know how the exam went as we didnt get the maths results i thought that if u failed the maths that u wouldnt do the group interview? but i did all

I don't know how I did In the maths either. Everyone in my group went thru to the group task. They mark all the paper when we leave I presume. I attended northampton and u had to pass the maths and literacy to he thu to the interviews.
Reply 185
Original post by rachbiom
I don't know how I did In the maths either. Everyone in my group went thru to the group task. They mark all the paper when we leave I presume. I attended northampton and u had to pass the maths and literacy to he thu to the interviews.

you know for the group task she didnt really look at us properly, do you think they look more into the maths test as i havent done much for my english :frown:. she told us there is only 18 places and they interviewed 6 groups already! i have my northampton interview in march is the numeracy test similar to the one in cov or harder? so i can revise for it now
Reply 186
Original post by emmieaston
its fine, honestly don't worry! im awful at maths and i found it fine, its literally like the same questions as the website one, you will be fine :smile: seriously im so bad at maths so i was ****ting myself as well, but its fine trust me :smile::smile: let me know how you get on :smile:

Hi, it went alrite maths was kinda hard hope i did fine, she wasnt looking at me that much when we were doing the group task? do you think its more based on the numeracy test ive not done wel;l on my literacy i think :frown:!
Hello :smile: I applied January 11th or around then! In my interview letter it said Thursday is the last lot of interviews however if this has changed or not I'm not sure! Fingers crossed for your sister :smile:

And thankyou!!

Oh it doesn't sound good for her :frown:, when you you recieve your interview letter?
Original post by uuknown
Hi, it went alrite maths was kinda hard hope i did fine, she wasnt looking at me that much when we were doing the group task? do you think its more based on the numeracy test ive not done wel;l on my literacy i think :frown:!

im sure it was okayy:smile: and me, id rather a 1-1 interveiw really! where else have you applied? i dont knowww, i think they will look at your application as a whole probs, im scared they said 18 places & theyve interveiwed over 200 :frown:
Reply 189
Original post by emmieaston
im sure it was okayy:smile: and me, id rather a 1-1 interveiw really! where else have you applied? i dont knowww, i think they will look at your application as a whole probs, im scared they said 18 places & theyve interveiwed over 200 :frown:

i have applied for northampton and wolverampton but i dont want to go there i really want cov to give me an conditional i dont think i want something as bad as this and yh 18 is just shocking, i dont think i will get the place as im only 19 and everyone in my group today looked so mature, ive litterly just been thinking about it all day this is so depressing how long will they take to reply back to us?
Reply 190
Does anyone have a conditional offer from coventry (childnursing)??
Reply 191
Original post by uuknown
Does anyone have a conditional offer from coventry (childnursing)??

Nope, not yet, still waiting:frown:
Reply 192
Do you know how long they will take?
Reply 193
Original post by uuknown
Do you know how long they will take?

They told us we would know by end of feb
Reply 194
I just got an call from wolverhampton uni they asked me to come on FRIDAY for child nursing interview in "burton hospital campus'' queen marys hospital did anyone goo? Need to know as I've never been there, its a campus of wolverhampton does that mean i will have to go study there if i get the place????
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 195
Had an interview for Child nursing at Bournemouth last week and still waiting to hear, has anyone else heard yet?
Reply 196
Original post by sperks
Had an interview for Child nursing at Bournemouth last week and still waiting to hear, has anyone else heard yet?

Hello :smile: how was the interview? Did you have a test as ive got mine for Bournemouth tomorrow and only got asked on Thursday last week! Is there any advice you could give me with what they ask etc I would be so grateful!

And fingers crossed for you I will ask when you should find out! :smile:
Reply 197
I have an interview at Bournemouth at 9.00 am tomorrow! what time is yours sasharutt?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 198
Helo :smile: mines at 10.45 I'm nervous! Do you know what we should expect?
Reply 199
Original post by loopyloo2010
Oh it doesn't sound good for her :frown:, when you you recieve your interview letter?

I received my letter last Thursday :smile: it may have changed or added more dates on? Good luck either way for your sister!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending