The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniellesarah92
I have an interview at UEA on the 16th, is there anything you could tell me about the interview? would really appreciate it :smile: x

Hi, well done on getting an interview.. They didnt ask any of the usual questions such as weaknesses or current affairs they just wanted to know about what I knew about the course and uea. As I am a dental nurse at the moment they asked me what the difference is between the two professions. Other questions were what challenges do you face as a nurse. They wanted to know about my leadership skills as well as my ability to work in a team. It was not a scary interview once I was in there. There first question was "spend 5/6 mins telling us about yourself" the whole interview lasted for 15-20 mins and yes time does fly when your in there. Make sure you do know your answers for the usual questions (weaknesses strengths etc all the bog standard questions) as you may get asked and it will help you organise you thoughts and you will be able to use what you have thought of in your answers. for example when they asked me how do i work within a team, I answered with that because I dont like confrontation (my weakness) I make sure I dont sound confrontational and accept everyones opinions.. or something like that lol. It is all a bit of a blur now :smile: Good luck and let me know how you get on
Reply 261
Any male applicants here?
If not, all of you females, what do you think about male child nursing applicants? Would you be welcoming of males on your course?
I'm really worried that I'll get in the lecture theatre and be the only one...
Original post by Judgey
If not, all of you females, what do you think about male child nursing applicants? Would you be welcoming of males on your course?

I had two male applicants on my selection day :smile: don't worry about the sterotypes. I hope there are some male nurses when i start in september? lol
Original post by Judgey

I'm a child nursing student and we don't have any males on the course, although there only 22 of us child branch students and about 200 adult students and there are loads of male adults nursing students.
On my current placement there are 4 male child nurses and they are just brilliant. I've learnt a lot from them. I would definitely welcome a few males on my course, we need more male child nurses!
Reply 264
Original post by Judgey

Hey,

Im a guy hoping to do child nursing when I went for the interview at LSBU I was the only male there!

Still... good to know there is another guy out there!
Reply 265
Original post by Judgey

I would love to have males on the course. For my interview at coventry, there was only one male in the group.
I think its great that males are applying for children's nursing, Good Luck!!! xx
Reply 266
Anyone had a interview at southampton uni for child nursing to start september ?
Reply 267
If anyone's waiting to hear back from coventry, i phoned the admissions team 2 days ago and they said we should know if we have been offered a place by the end of next week, the final interviews are tomorrow.

Good luck everyone
oooo! its been too long, my interview was in january, oh well at least i'll know next week :smile:
Reply 269
Original post by ClaraCluck
oooo! its been too long, my interview was in january, oh well at least i'll know next week :smile:

So was mine! It's been sooooo long
that means i'm in the final lots of interviews, eek. what was the maths test like? SO scared about it :/
Hiyaa :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from Sheffield Hallam for Child nursing at all? I've heard nothing at all x
Reply 272
Original post by Orpie2012
Thank you. The questions were pretty straight forward. They could change questions though so be mindful of that.
-What qualities make a good nurse?
-Give an example of when you have shown compassion to a stranger?
-Give an example of when you have been stressed and what was the outcome of that?
-What is meant by being judgemental?

-Give an example of when you have been judged or discriminated against and how did you deal with that? (I couldn't give an example of this so they gave me a scenario based question instead: What would you do if one of your co-workers is ignoring a patient with cerebral palsy?

There might have been a couple more questions but those are the ones I can remember. The middlesex staff and students I met on the day were friendly and reassuring. The only advice I have is to stay calm and relate some of your answers back to yourself. Good luck!

Hi thank u I managed to change Middlesex in the end. So went to both got an unsuccessful from Southbank but have got a conditional offer from Middlesex :-)
Reply 273
Original post by Lauren12
Anyone had a interview at southampton uni for child nursing to start september ?

Hi there! I had my interview at Soton around November/December time and have got a conditional offer from them. They started interviewing really early; I think my group was the 2nd or 3rd by that time. When did you get your application in? They shouldn't keep you waiting if they don't have spaces, so fingers crossed you'll hear back soon :smile:
Reply 274
Anyone heard from Coventry yet? The wait is killing me. Not building my hopes up though, 200 interviews for 18 places really is a long shot :redface:
I am, and the waiting is killing me too! I'm also waiting to see if i've got an interview at nottingham as well, not good xx
Reply 276
I am, and the waiting is killing me too! I'm also waiting to see if i've got an interview at nottingham as well, not good xx

i've also gotta wait til the end of april to hear if i got a place in northampton. i wonder do the universities enjoy making ppl wait like this, its mean!!!
probably, got a conditional offer at BCU, not my first choice, nottingham then coventry is the way I would like it to go, but hey ho, its so hard to get into child nursing i'm just glad I got an offer :smile:
Reply 278
probably, got a conditional offer at BCU, not my first choice, nottingham then coventry is the way I would like it to go, but hey ho, its so hard to get into child nursing i'm just glad I got an offer :smile:

Snap, I've got an unconditional for BcU. I want Northampton, then cov, then BCU. I too am just glad to have an offer
Received an offer for Child Nursing at Northumbria for March 2013!! :smile: :smile: :smile: soooo happy!! :smile: anyone else applied there?

Emmie xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending