The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by glf2110

Original post by glf2110
September? lol. If you mean January, you won't get any/many student nurses to talk to as we're still on holiday. Good luck. Soton is AMAZING!

lol SEPTEMBER check me out wishing the year away
Original post by Chloex
Can you let me know, when you receied your letter from Huddersfield

heyy, i received my letter through the post about 2/3 weeks ago :smile: x
Reply 82
Original post by misslarmour
You're welcome! anything to calm your nerves, i know the feeling myself!! yeah, its not like a board room or anything, they just take you into one of the offices and sit you on a nice (COMFY!!) chair and have a chit chat with you, just to get to know you a bit better!

the maths test started off pretty easy (i.e. adding and subtracting) but as you went down the questions, they got a bit more complicated! just revise your fraction to decimal conversions, your measurement conversions and percentages and you should be fine!

the english test, again, starts off easy (tick box answers etc.) and the last question, you have to write a mini essay sorta thing to answer the question they give you. (mine was somehting like "what qualities do you think you need in order to be a successful nurse?")

Emmie :smile: x

Haha, it's definitely not a nice feeling! The nicest feeling is when it's all over!!
A comfy chair?! I definitely don't mind that then ;-)
Thank you so much for all your help and information! I definitely feel better about it now, so thank you!
I hope you had a lovely christmas! :-)

Hannah :-) x
Original post by Hannah-xo
Haha, it's definitely not a nice feeling! The nicest feeling is when it's all over!!
A comfy chair?! I definitely don't mind that then ;-)
Thank you so much for all your help and information! I definitely feel better about it now, so thank you!
I hope you had a lovely christmas! :-)

Hannah :-) x

Youre welcome! :smile:
yeah i totally agree, when its all over you can breath again!!!
i had a lovely christmas thanks, i hope you did too!

gooood luck!!

Emmie :biggrin: x
Reply 84
Is anyone going to Northampton for an interview? Really want to go there and I have my interview on 12th Jan!
Reply 85
If anyone is attending southampton 2mora for Child Nursing do you have any idea which pages we are supposed to be focusing on in the Healthier Lives document????
Original post by jjurd1

Original post by jjurd1
Is anyone attending interviews at Southampton for Child Health Nursing on 4th September @ 8.30???

I'm there at 12.30 :smile: good luck
Reply 87
Original post by misslarmour
You're welcome! anything to calm your nerves, i know the feeling myself!! yeah, its not like a board room or anything, they just take you into one of the offices and sit you on a nice (COMFY!!) chair and have a chit chat with you, just to get to know you a bit better!

the maths test started off pretty easy (i.e. adding and subtracting) but as you went down the questions, they got a bit more complicated! just revise your fraction to decimal conversions, your measurement conversions and percentages and you should be fine!

the english test, again, starts off easy (tick box answers etc.) and the last question, you have to write a mini essay sorta thing to answer the question they give you. (mine was somehting like "what qualities do you think you need in order to be a successful nurse?")

Emmie :smile: x

Hey, I've got a conditional for Edge Hill! (just have to take my A Level certificates and complete my CRB! Did you apply for the April intake or the September one? Xxx
Reply 88
Original post by RachelLouiise

Good luck to you too mate.x
Reply 89
Anyone attending Bournemouth for Child Health Nursing tomorrow at 10.30??
Reply 90
I am feeling a bit down today. Received my first rejection from Greenwich today. I know its very competitive and there are only few places for child nursing, but I was so hopeful.

Wishing everyone all the best for interviews and decisions !
Hey, I've applied to do child nursing too :smile:
I have an interview at Northampton on the 9th, Brighton on the 17th and Coventry on the 20th of January. Anyone going to be at any of these? :smile: xx
Original post by rachbiom
Is anyone going to Northampton for an interview? Really want to go there and I have my interview on 12th Jan!

I have my interview there on the 9th!!! I'll let you know what happens and that :smile: xx
Reply 93
Original post by clolovesyou
I have my interview there on the 9th!!! I'll let you know what happens and that :smile: xx

Good luck!! I've been preping for the written assessment, not too worried about the other bits. I really want to go there!

Where else did you apply to?
Reply 94
Original post by clolovesyou
Hey, I've applied to do child nursing too :smile:
I have an interview at Northampton on the 9th, Brighton on the 17th and Coventry on the 20th of January. Anyone going to be at any of these? :smile: xx

Oh and i'm gonna be at coventry on 20th at 9.30. I've heard that at coventry are really tough on you but that was at an adult interview. My last interview is at Brookes on 21st feb! Brookes and nhampton are my 1st choices... will be happy with either
Reply 95
Original post by jjurd1
If anyone is attending southampton 2mora for Child Nursing do you have any idea which pages we are supposed to be focusing on in the Healthier Lives document????

Original post by RachelLouiise

How did it go? I'm afraid most of us aren't back til next week so not sure who you met at your interview. What did you think? Did you like the Uni. It is pretty awesome here. :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by glf2110
How did it go? I'm afraid most of us aren't back til next week so not sure who you met at your interview. What did you think? Did you like the Uni. It is pretty awesome here. :smile:

I thought it was a really nice place, but then i made that decision during the open day. The maths test was a little bit tough but fingers crossed for everyone who was there.xx
Reply 97
Rachel how do you feel you got on hun??
Reply 98
Original post by jjurd1
I thought it was a really nice place, but then i made that decision during the open day. The maths test was a little bit tough but fingers crossed for everyone who was there.xx

Maths, urghhh! Wait till you start doing Drugs Calc. AND we have to get 100% in the exam to continue on the course. Test this month bang in the middle of our first placements. :eek:

Anyway, enough whinging. Good luck, hope you hear soon. Will you Firm Soton?
Reply 99
Hi,

I've applied to study Child Nursing 2012 and have interviews so far at Stafford, Keele and Birmingham City. I was just wandering if anybody knows the kind of questions that will pop up? As I know how competitive the Child's branch is!!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending