The Student Room Group

Why do so many students read the 'Daily Mail'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i dont read the daily mail and never have done,

i read bbc news online, or il watch bbc 24 if im in my room, the guardian if im at home and the metro if im on public transport
Reply 61
"Daily Mail Fail" Shurely?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I just like to read the articles and laugh at them. Plus, my brain is so frazzled from studying that by the time I'm done, I don't really want to use my brain so I read the DM. But I don't take any of it seriously. Seriously!

Haha same.

I read the Mail for entertainment/celeb gossip. The comments are hilarious.
(edited 12 years ago)
Its articles usually make for a good laugh.
Reply 64
Because it's like reading a children's book with pictures.
I don't buy it, but I read it online because it's one of the few places (along with the BBC) that you don't have to pay to read the articles (looking at you, Times Online!)

Yeah it's a bit iffy, but if you ignore the headlines and read the story, you're still getting the same story as on another site. Plus the comments section can be hilarious. I've also found it to be quicker off the mark with it's Science section; stories I've read on there don't tend to crop up on the BBC for another week or so.
I don't like the paper or their opinions but their web designer made the website really user friendly.
Reply 67
Because people on student forums like having a 10 page thread(it makes them feel special) and the best way to do this is to start a thread with a dailymail article.
Why is the name Daily Mail in inverted commas OP? It's the actual name, fooool!
I read the i. And the Onion.

Daily Mail is hilarious. Tabloid dressed up as intellectual, cute little dear.
Clearly I spend too much time on TSR/the internet in general because I thought the Daily Mail (and Fox) were notorious for their poor journalistic quality. Then I spoke to someone the other day who said they read DM for their "thorough journalism". :lolwut:
I read daily mail showbiz online because it is like a drug, and I like reading people's funny comments below the articles.. A bit of a cheap thrill.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by itchy and scratchy
I read daily mail showbiz online because it is like a drug, and I like reading people's funny comments below the articles.. A bit of a cheap thrill.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2056875/Liz-Jones-baby-craving-drove-steal-husbands-sperm-ultimate-deception.html

Lol! The comments on this article are hilarious. They absolutely distroy Liz Jones. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending