The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moleman1996
No submissions as of yet (other than my own), but it'd be nice to not just have a "Option 1 or R.O.N." election, as the league should represent how its member states want it to run.

If Tunisia were to consider pushing the deadline back to a week after the Monarchy referendum, the MHoC would be happy to suggest a form of leadership.
Reply 81
Original post by toronto353
If Tunisia were to consider pushing the deadline back to a week after the Monarchy referendum, the MHoC would be happy to suggest a form of leadership.

The council will consider it, but Tunisia must inform the MHoC that it wants this process over quickly, as by the end of that week we will be well over mandate. If we receive no suggestions however, the date will be pushed back
ARAB LEAGUE COUNTRIES!

Please begin to submit your ideas for a leadership system! PM them to me or post them in this thread, you have until next saturday, at which point soon after an election will be organised by the council to decide on a system. Any further necessary elections relating to the system will then also be organised by the council.

Could you include this in the next update, as im losing track of who's in the league now and who isn't with the low activity levels and new arab league members not really getting invloved I can't remember who the non-original reps are. :s

It shall be done. How about doing a Rolecall for Arab league members?
Reply 83
Original post by thunder_chunky
It shall be done. How about doing a Rolecall for Arab league members?

That's a good idea, i'll set up a new thread and can you include it in the PM as well please? :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by missbanana21
There's no one on this apart from us to be honest. Of we called a vote with only one option that could at least start a debate of some kind

I suppose, we can go ahead and just put up the method I came up with if nobody else does anything when the submissions period closes, or we can disband the league.
I suppose, we can go ahead and just put up the method I came up with if nobody else does anything when the submissions period closes, or we can disband the league.

Yeah, put the method up and then if nothing comes of it disband the league. It never really became anything other than a Libya-Tunisia alliance to be honest.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 86
Original post by missbanana21
Yeah, put the method up and then if nothing comes of it disband the league. It never really became anything other than a Libya-Tunisia alliance to be honest.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

haven't received any suggestions yet shall we just have an election for the one I came up with or do you have anything you want to submit for the vote? :tongue:
Reply 87
Most important vote yet has been posted as a seperate thread.
Reply 88
The Arab League must now elect its first ever President nation! Submit your manifestos of no more than 300 words to me by 12pm Thursday(noon) and they will be posted later that day.
Reply 89
Can I ask,
what is the Arab League's policy in regards to Israel?
Some countries in theLeague refuse to recognise it and vice versa.
Reply 90
Original post by NoraHTunis
Can I ask,

As the League is currently in a period of election and voting, we have no real stance at the moment. Good question for whoever takes up the role of president nation though, should be a week or so then ask again once things are sorted out again :tongue:
Reply 91
Tunisia urges countries to run for the presidency, as no manifestos have yet been submitted (other than my own)
Tunisia urges countries to run for the presidency, as no manifestos have yet been submitted (other than my own)

The MHoC echoes this sentiment.
Reply 93
Election for the League's first ever President are currently under way. After a victor is determined, the Inaugural Council with formally hand over power and will cease to exist as a ruling body from thereon.
Reply 94
The Inaugural Council of the Arab League formally hands over power to the new president nation of the Arab League, Tunisia.
Reply 95
The Arab League is now looking for two deputy president countries! Produce a manifesto under 300 words as to why your country should take this role, and submit it to me by lunchtime thursday (12pm). Due to low activity observer members may apply, however only nations which have answered the Arab League roll call as of midnight tomorrow will be allowed to run, due to a need for more regular activity for this post.
Reply 96
Original post by NoraHTunis
Can I ask,

The official attitude of the Arab League currently is to encourage negotiation with Israel, however we demand that Israel allow the creation of and recognise a Palestinian state, as Palestine holds a place within this very league and has as much right as Israel to be a state.
Reply 97
Thunder_Chunky
QFA

Dont know if you got his PM, so he asked me to ask you in here :tongue: Could Lipvig become the rep of Oman?

Lipvig
QFA
Dont know if you got his PM, so he asked me to ask you in here :tongue: Could Lipvig become the rep of Oman?

Yeah I got it, will sort it tonight.
Reply 99
Yay! I'm finally able to post here!

Latest

Trending

Trending