The Student Room Group

Can you buy video games with an expired passport?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattyEFC
A provisional is £20?
Last time I checked (when I got one, at the age of 16 (you're allowed to apply 3 months before your 17th birthday before someone flips their ****)) it was £50...

Original post by J0nes_X
Provisionals are like £60 now :eek: but yeh you still need to get one for going out to nightclubs etc, less likely to lose it then a passport on your nights out!

Oh christ. I am officially an old woman.

Edit: Ah, hang on - sorry, the replacement is £20. My mistake, I replaced mine a couple of years ago and obviously managed to convince myself that was the cost new as well. Sorry!
Original post by fairysdad
You don't need lessons to get a licence, and once you finish uni you can get lessons and don't have to worry about getting a licence as you've already got one :smile:

I've had to buy a driving license with no intention to drive yet for going out drinking. Its also cheaper than a passport for ID purposes. Some places dont accept the 'pass' ID.
Reply 22
I was told an expired passport isn't a valid form of ID as I had to use mine for ID after I passed my driving test while my licence was sent off. It might depend on the shop though, some will just look at the date of birth and nothing else.

A provisional was £50 when I got mine a few years ago, even if you're not intending to drive it's really useful for ID. Easier to carry around with you than a passport for starters!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending