The Student Room Group

Apple iPod nano 1st gen recall!

Just realised I have one of these so I filled everything out and I have to send my old one in a box and I get a replacement. Thing is is that they are no longer in production!

Will I get a brand new latest nano?

Has anyone else got this??

Scroll to see replies

I actually have one of these but the serial code won't work! Bought it in November 2005?
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
I actually have one of these but the serial code won't work! Bought it in November 2005?

Yep should be eligible!
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/

If it's just saying you aren't entitled, it's probably the case. It's only a single battery supplier whose parts are faulty, that's why they're checking the serial numbers, to see where each persons is from.

Original post by insignificant
Just realised I have one of these so I filled everything out and I have to send my old one in a box and I get a replacement. Thing is is that they are no longer in production!

Will I get a brand new latest nano?

Has anyone else got this??

I would expect so, that or a slightly older refurb model. Highly doubt they'd give you another 2005 model XD
yeah still not working, going to take it to an apple store!
It doesn't say not entitled, it just says:
The serial number you entered cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

It's definitely a first generation ipod Nano though?
:O so excited, doesn't look like it will come in time for christmas though :frown: was going to give it to my mum.
It doesn't say not entitled, it just says:
The serial number you entered cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

It's definitely a first generation ipod Nano though?

Has any of the serial number rubbed off a bit or anything?
Someone was told by customer support they still have a stockpile of 1st generation iPod nanos and they will be replacing them with those. They also said they would try and refurbish yours before giving you a replacement, which I imagine as it's just a battery fault wouldn't be too difficult to do.

If you don't use it much then it's worth it even if you just get a better battery put in it, and on the off chance of getting an upgrade if they run out of stock, but I wouldn't put too much hope into it.
Can't wait to go home this weekend and get my old ipod out.

lmao i have this one then got all excited cos i thought it was the first generation, turns out it's pre-generations existing :frown:
Reply 12
It says my iPod isn't part of this program, though might there be a problem that I bought this iPod in a country not listed in there? Checked serial code in apple site and it was found and recognised as 1st gen iPod nano :smile:

EDIT:

Oh.. OK
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by winning11

lmao i have this one then got all excited cos i thought it was the first generation, turns out it's pre-generations existing :frown:

That's not a nano :tongue:
Reply 14
I'm waiting for the box to come so I can send mine back and see what they replace it with.
Reply 15
Was excited, thinking I'd get a snazzy new one!
But apparently, yeah, we get a refurbished one :frown: or new if they can't fix it or w.e
Plus, if they're personalised, it won't be when we get it back.
But how can they possibly have that many 1st gens hanging around still if they're going to hand us new 1st gen ones?
I'm hoooping we get new gen ones!
Seeing as I payed like £200 for this is 2005 and it's only 2GB and the new ones are 8GB and only £120 about.
(edited 12 years ago)
whaaaart?? really :O
news to me, its 512mb is all i know lmao, wonder what type of ipod it is
Reply 17
damn, my old trashed one is 2nd gen!

i'm using a 4th gen right now, after my 2nd stopped working :frown:

whaaaart?? really :O
news to me, its 512mb is all i know lmao, wonder what type of ipod it is

It's a first gen iPod Shuffle.
Reply 19