The Student Room Group

How unusual is it I wear 2 pairs of socks?

Someone here created a thread asking for people's opinion on whether the shoes he bought for £90 to increase his height by 3inches was worth it or a waste of money.
Well after reading his thread I felt i had to share my story.

I'm about 5''9 -10 in height but would love to be taller (currently 20 hope I'll continue growing for a while) but would lover to be taller, as a result for about the last year or two I have been wearing 2pairs of socks in the hope it'll make me look taller though i cant imagine it makes me look much bigger :frown:

Just curious as to what some people who want to improve their height do, this other guy buy's high heeled shoes, I wear two pair of socks.

Is it ''that'' unusual that I wear 2 pairs of socks? :s-smilie:

Nobody else knows apart from you guys
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's unusual to wear two pairs of socks to increase your height.... Even ski socks wouldn't make a difference!
Reply 2
:dontknow: I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks everyday because I'm in the north of Germany and it's freezing outside.

Not sure how 3mm of fabric really affects your height.
An extra pair of socks would add about... 1mm to your height?
Reply 4
Two pairs of socks won't make you look taller, the layers under your feet will just get compressed.

They will keep your feet warmer, though.
Reply 5
Original post by Rascacielos
It's unusual to wear two pairs of socks to increase your height.... Even ski socks wouldn't make a difference!

Deep down I kinda know it will not make me appear any taller:frown:

But when i am walking I kinda feel taller, does that make sense?? :s-smilie:
Not unusual to wear 2 pairs of socks...
..but to increase your height? :lol:
Ermmm I don't think it's really very effective do you? Except in Winter...yeahhhh:smile:
Reply 8
haha, I looked at this thread ready to reply with "No, that's pretty normal - when I had to walk to the bus every day at 7.30am in the snow last winter, I always wore two pairs"

But for increasing height? Not sure it's going to help much :/ Sorry :P
Reply 9
This is so cute.
Keeps you feet warm... OP in other thread spent £90 on those shoes, you won't ever pay more than what? £10?

If it makes you feel better go wild
Reply 11
That won't add to your height surely- maybe a 2mm difference. But hey be thankful of youre at least average height, I'm bloody 5 ft 5, life is tough when the S sizes in clothes look to long in you :frown: lol
Reply 12
Original post by Luxray

Original post by Luxray
That won't add to your height surely- maybe a 2mm difference. But hey be thankful of youre at least average height, I'm bloody 5 ft 5, life is tough when the S sizes in clothes look to long in you :frown: lol

That's about average for a woman these days, sucks though if your a man, sorry
How would they know if you were wearing 2 pairs of socks? I do sometimes when my feet feel cold. Don't think anybody notices or cares. I don't tend to look at peoples socks. So if it is unusual, nobody will care anyway. They'll probably assume you have bad circulation so your feet get cold. No biggie.
Reply 14
If you wear it for that purpose, it is unusual and will not work.
Reply 15
Original post by Maoam.
That's about average for a woman these days, sucks though if your a man, sorry

Yeah I'm a guy and it's incredibly annoying and depressing. Even just being two inches taller would make me so happy.
I sometimes wear two pairs to keep me nice and warm, but I'd recommend a shoe with a thicker heel rather than extra socks, as the difference must be minimal!
Why don't you wear twenty? :holmes:
Reply 18
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I sometimes wear two pairs to keep me nice and warm, but I'd recommend a shoe with a thicker heel rather than extra socks, as the difference must be minimal!

I wear 2pairs of socks in the summer not just winter
Reply 19
Don't understand mens obsession with being so tall?! I'm 6'3" and it isn't great. I get back pain regularly and the vast majority of people I hang around with are short so i'm the one that sticks out, not them. That said, I get on with it and don't let it bother me. If people are that bothered about my height then I don't really want much to do with them, surely this should be the same for shorter guys too?

If it is a confidence thing then I can assure you being tall does not equal being confident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending