The Student Room Group

What is the worst pain you have ever suffered in your life?

Scroll to see replies

When I broke my wrist in a game of rugby. I kept playing for about ten more minutes assuming the pain would go away...
Original post by whitepearlbaby
It's okay :sexface:

:sexface:
labour
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
labour

God yes. 13 years under them was searingly painful.
Reply 64
I haven't had any injuries past bruises and cuts, so it'll have to be a migraine. In the end I just have to lock myself in a dark and quiet room, swallow some pills and crawl under the covers.

Second to that would be jumping off a bunk bed and having my foot land on an upright plug. Blood was everywhere.
Original post by HarveyCanis
God yes. 13 years under them was searingly painful.

on the contrary I'd take them over this bunch of ***** currently in power.
On D of E, I started getting pains in my thigh, it felt like when you get a trapped nerve but I couldn't shake it out. Continued hiking on it for the next 3 days. By the time I got home, I couldn't lift my foot more than an inch off the ground without searing pain all up my thigh...I had to lift my leg with my hands to get into bed...

After a month of this not going away, I went to the doctors - inflamed nerve, very strong anti-inflammatories, the pain was gone in 3 days.

Moral of the story: don't do D of E :biggrin:
humans cant remember physical pain only the memory of being in pain.

but id say the worse for me was getting a wisdom tooth removed that then got infected that was bloody horrible.
Original post by SoapyDish
On D of E, I started getting pains in my thigh, it felt like when you get a trapped nerve but I couldn't shake it out. Continued hiking on it for the next 3 days. By the time I got home, I couldn't lift my foot more than an inch off the ground without searing pain all up my thigh...I had to lift my leg with my hands to get into bed...

After a month of this not going away, I went to the doctors - inflamed nerve, very strong anti-inflammatories, the pain was gone in 3 days.

Moral of the story: don't do D of E :biggrin:

Whats D of E and why would be so silly as to not got got the doctors for a month about it?
Reply 69
Doesn't compare to yours but... When I was in year 6 I woke up with this agonising pain in my chest, it hurt like hell, for a whole month my chest area was swollen and I couldn't hug anyone properly. Not very nice!
Original post by silverbolt
Whats D of E and why would be so silly as to not got got the doctors for a month about it?

duke of edinburgh award I assume
My eating disorder and everything that came/is coming as a result of it

BUT what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I'm sure in time we'll all be able to move on/make peace from everything that has happened
Original post by silverbolt

Duke of Edinburgh - it's an award that loads of schools and 6th forms run, which includes hiking and camping. I didn't go to the doctors for a month because I've had similar pains before which do ease off, so I was waiting for that to happen again.
It's pretty tough to decide between the 7 joint fractures or the cumulative injuries I've had over the years leading to a total of 25 stitches put in my legs, wrist and forehead at various times over the last 22 years...

....but I think I'm going to go with the time in first year that I had a hypermobility flare in my back. They usually affect my hips (the joint clicks out and no matter what you do you just cannot for the life of you get it back in) which is a pain, but when it hit my back I was practically bedbound for three days* until it calmed down enough to get it back in. It genuinely hurt to breathe- I was sick a few times just from the sheer pain. If I knew I was going to need to get up to use the loo or make food, I had to take a tonne of codeine about an hour before so that I could get out of bed without passing out. Worst three days everrrr.

*most people didn't realise because this was first year and I kinda had form as to staying in bed :p:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
on the contrary I'd take them over this bunch of ***** currently in power.

you negged me for a joke? jeez, back at you hun.
Original post by Nolwenn

- An ear infection going very wrong. My eardrum was broken, I had blood and puss coming out of my ear for a while. The pain was going to my whole head and

:zomg: That sounds awful!

Um, I've gone through life pretty physical pain free. No broken bones, no operations. All I can think of is this one time when I was a kid and I got tripped up on a concrete playground and cracked my head on the floor. I don't really remember it, however it's given me a pretty awesom tiny lightening bolt shaped scar on my forehead.
(edited 12 years ago)
When a friend of mine that I've known since I was 4 died.
Reply 77
I had broken my elbow and had two operations because of that. that was painful. I broke it when I fell off a horse.

Oh and giving birth to a child. that was hard.
Original post by HarveyCanis
you negged me for a joke? jeez, back at you hun.

*shrugs* this government is causing so many problems for so many problems its unreal. I'd rather have labour back. What can I say.

Looks like I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

Also, don't take rep so seriously. The amount of times I've been negged for no reason whatsoever is quite laughable. I don't care tbh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Broke a metatersil on my left foot. My foot has never been the same since.
Hairline fracture on my right elbow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending