The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ya i know its true....anybody NOT heard from morgan stanley and JP Morgan yet or am i the only one?
Reply 61
cheerfulsakib
ya i know its true....anybody NOT heard from morgan stanley and JP Morgan yet or am i the only one?

I have not heard from MS, JP Morgan, GS. Though I admit, my applications were pretty ****.

CSFB- didn't attach a cov letter! UBS -rejection.

RBS have given me an extension...ML project-not eliminated yet!
Reply 62
That is quite shocking. Surely it's a bit over the top though isn't it. It's not like the pass mark for these online tests is like 90% or anything is it? Surely they'd be intelligent enough to do it themselves?
Reply 63
wots rbs?????
Reply 64
royal bank of scotland
Reply 65
interview for JPM spring week (date not set yet)
assessment centre for Morgan Stanley - 1st march
UBS 2nd round essay submitted.
slinec.
That is quite shocking. Surely it's a bit over the top though isn't it. It's not like the pass mark for these online tests is like 90% or anything is it? Surely they'd be intelligent enough to do it themselves?

Depends on the test, but 90% is typical for 'pass mark'.

Some tests are harder than others etc etc

Ultimately, the judging method is usually taking the top performers in the test rather than just assigning some magical pass mark.
Reply 67
Hi all,

I've heard back from JP (rejection) no word from Morgan Stanley/GS, I've sat the online test for RBS, which I'm certain I did very badly on! and I have an interview with Lehman.

Good luck to you all, and keep the board updated!
Reply 68
do you know if many of the IBs issue summer internship offers at the end of these spring programs?
matthieum
do you know if many of the IBs issue summer internship offers at the end of these spring programs?

Goldman do. Most, if not all others, don't. But at the end of it, feel free to try and ask for one or see what is on offer.

UBS had a position going in their back office relating to design of financial educational materials and website redesign which was only publicised to those on their Spring programme. Didn't apply since it sounded a little... dull.
Reply 70
President_Ben
Goldman do. Most, if not all others, don't. But at the end of it, feel free to try and ask for one or see what is on offer.

UBS had a position going in their back office relating to design of financial educational materials and website redesign which was only publicised to those on their Spring programme. Didn't apply since it sounded a little... dull.

So if Goldman can assign internships as a result of their spring course, does that mean you can do an internship in your first year?
Reply 71
No, at least not with my friend who got one. They can give you an internship for your second year. One of my friends tried to get an internship in her first year after the spring week but was told to wait till the following year.
AlphaX
So if Goldman can assign internships as a result of their spring course, does that mean you can do an internship in your first year?

It is as per usual. ie. Not in the first year summer.

"Internships are 10 week interviews for the graduate scheme"
Reply 73
President_Ben
It is as per usual. ie. Not in the first year summer.

How about some back office internship/experience in the first year summer? Is it possible to arrange that during the spring things? Just to get to know the corporate culture of the organisation etc...
Reply 74
Hi,

Interviews coming in thick and fast now. Heard back from RBS and have got a final selection day on Fri 3 March. Beauty of this one is that i've already taken an online numerical test so its just an interview now.

That makes 3 interviews in one week for me next week. Still not as bad as a finalist i spoke to, who had 8 interviews in London in a week. He could hardly speak when he got back!
Reply 75
I have a spring week offer from GS. So, I could get an offer for a 2nd year summer internship if i work really hard?
Reply 76
cheerfulsakib
I have a spring week offer from GS. So, I could get an offer for a 2nd year summer internship if i work really hard?

Congrats! Yes you can, you just have to work really hard and kiss a lot of arse. I'd say the latter is more important.
Reply 77
yay! that shouldnt b a problem then
marcinkania7
How about some back office internship/experience in the first year summer? Is it possible to arrange that during the spring things?

Yeah, I've seen people do it. Well, one person.

Just to get to know the corporate culture of the organisation etc...

You say that, but there's a big difference between back and front.
Reply 79
ok this is going to sound really really stupid and it is my own stupid fault 4 letting myself get into this situation!!

Basically I'm a Law student and have a vague interest in banking and finance so i applied 4 a couple of these spring schemes. Have got an interview with JP Morgan... this was not supposed to happen! And I don't really know anything relevant which is making me want to cry at the moment because I don't even know how to being preparing for this interview!

Latest

Trending

Trending