The Student Room Group

Dyslexia and Noise reducing Headphones

Hey Guys,

Throughout my course I've always used inner ear and noise reducing headphones as a way to avoid getting distracted in the library.

They've been massively helpful to me..... (Dyslexia/ADD) ...... and I was thinking of looking into this properly as part of my dissertation (MSc PSychology). I was just wondering if anyone else had found that this was helpful for them??
Reply 1
I'd like to use earplugs in the library, but I'm afraid that would make me look like a freak (with bright yellow stuff sticking out of my ears). So instead I listen to white noise mp3's in the library. They're hour-long mp3 files with nothing other than sounds of rain/wind - it helps muffle out the noise of people coming and going so that I can focus on my work. I find this technique invaluable to me, without it I probably wouldn't be able to use the library at all.

(I have Asperger's.)
Reply 2
We have personal study rooms in the library that we get priority over =). Very useful.

Noise cancelling headphones i found worked ok, but not amazing. I also can't concentrate to music - it has to be silence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending