The Student Room Group

Are people over-reacting to the tram lady?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Bleakside
Actually they were banned from entering the UK, but I guess not researching the event can lead you to believe that such a punishment equates a £30 fine :smile:

I know people are going to think I'm being a pedantic troll here but she wasn't being racist, she was being xenophobic.

Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Xenophobia: intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

This woman was complaining about people coming to "Her Britain" (except she's not the Queen) and that they should go home. She didn't say blacks and poles were inferior people and should be wiped off the face of the Earth, just that she wanted them to 'go back to their own country'. Don't get me wrong, I think her 'opinion' is based purely on her being absolutely off her tits on drink/drugs and a lack of education. But seriously, there's a big difference, and as soon as the fashionable Left grab hold of semantics with their tendrils of sensationalism the better.

If I'm honest I just copied what someone else had said on youtube. My bad. Should have known better.
Reply 141
Original post by Jeester
If I'm honest I just copied what someone else had said on youtube. My bad. Should have known better.

Ouch. :P I would take Youtube as some sort of anti-gospel. Not that the opposite is true, but if it's said on Youtube, then you can almost certainly abandon the statements. There's way too much tripe to find any gems.
Original post by jam277

If they made the country they lived in better and more open minded like in britain, there wouldn't be as much immigration in the first place.

I would agree with this, but the problem is that I'm unsure who you refer to as "they". If you're referring to the immigrants themselves, I'm sure they don't have much control over what is happening in their country. If you refer to the Governments of their countries, or the dictators, then yeah sure.

I'm sure if it was up to the immigrants themselves, they would jump at the chance to make their own country better, and hence return there and be in familiar surroundings.
Original post by frankieboy

Original post by frankieboy
I would agree with this, but the problem is that I'm unsure who you refer to as "they". If you're referring to the immigrants themselves, I'm sure they don't have much control over what is happening in their country. If you refer to the Governments of their countries, or the dictators, then yeah sure.

I'm sure if it was up to the immigrants themselves, they would jump at the chance to make their own country better, and hence return there and be in familiar surroundings.

Yeah, I mean as in the government, although, I believe that you're british, if you work and contribute to british society in a good way. A mexican who works 50 hours a week cleaning toilets with a british passport is more british than a white british lady who has papers but sits on her ass living off of income support because she can't be arsed to do work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending