The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Any other Trinity applicants joining this year then?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
SaoPaolo90
Any other Trinity applicants joining this year then?

If I make my offer? (Course + conditions in my sig, earlier on this page.)
Ah it's nice to see a fellow Trinitarian on, this seems to be one of the only college threads bereft of any posts since the offers came out.
What is it that you're studying my friend?
Great work scaryfairy, thank you.
Reply 385
Just wanted to know who's coming to Trinity this year with me (depending on grades etc obviously), and in particular who's doing natsci?
Reply 386
farewell thread. have a nice life in the colleges & courses forum.
jaja take a look at the list I created ages ago... I still have to update the sciences list though there's plenty of you in trinity whereas we are like only 2 so far for Sidney...
Reply 388
woohoo, trinity! i'm ready to start and get my asnac party on.
Reply 389
ussferox
woohoo, trinity! i'm ready to start and get my asnac party on.

Are you starting this October?
Reply 390
Sejanus
Are you starting this October?

yeah, I am. Are you?
Reply 391
ussferox
yeah, I am. Are you?

Nope, I'm really old and have been at Trinity ages (5 years in fact)!
I was just interested as I don't think there are any first year asnacs at Trinity this year, so it's good to see that they are actually taking some students for next year.
The asnac department is really nice and friendly, so there is definitely room for lots of partying!
Reply 392
Sejanus
Nope, I'm really old and have been at Trinity ages (5 years in fact)!
I was just interested as I don't think there are any first year asnacs at Trinity this year, so it's good to see that they are actually taking some students for next year.
The asnac department is really nice and friendly, so there is definitely room for lots of partying!

Nifty! Everything I read about the department makes it sound like it's definitely the place to be, academically and socially.
I think I'm the only asnac fresher for trinity this year--I haven't found any others. I'm guessing you're an asnac too? What are your studies focused on?
Reply 393
ussferox
Nifty! Everything I read about the department makes it sound like it's definitely the place to be, academically and socially.
I think I'm the only asnac fresher for trinity this year--I haven't found any others. I'm guessing you're an asnac too? What are your studies focused on?

Sorry, I'm being a bit misleading! I'm actually a historian, but I hang out with the asnac grad students quite alot as my boyfriend is an asnac PhD student Everyone is still really welcoming and doesn't mind me gatecrashing asnac pub even though I'm not in the department.
Reply 394
Sejanus
Sorry, I'm being a bit misleading! I'm actually a historian, but I hang out with the asnac grad students quite alot as my boyfriend is an asnac PhD student Everyone is still really welcoming and doesn't mind me gatecrashing asnac pub even though I'm not in the department.

Ahh okay. Well that's cool anyway. Is there anything about the asnac department or really about Cambridge in general that I should be wary of?
Reply 395
ussferox
Ahh okay. Well that's cool anyway. Is there anything about the asnac department or really about Cambridge in general that I should be wary of?

Nothing that comes to mind straight away, though if you have any particular questions, especially about Cambridge in general, I would be happy to try to answer them.
Anyone not sent their photo for their card in yet? Trying to decide if I'm late or not (I forgot they asked for it).
Reply 397
TheUnbeliever
Anyone not sent their photo for their card in yet? Trying to decide if I'm late or not (I forgot they asked for it).

Sheet.
I've just got a letter today about accommodation, and since the boundaries on the categories are fairly vague, I'd like to ask some questions.

The way it's split up is into high, middle and low price bands. I presume that the higher band would be mostly en-suite rooms (which I personally don't want). Would the middle band be the rest of the Wolfson Building rooms, and the lower band Angel Court?

On the open day, they showed up a room in the Wolfson Building, but not in Angel Court. How do the Angel Court rooms compare?
Tempeststurm
I've just got a letter today about accommodation, and since the boundaries on the categories are fairly vague, I'd like to ask some questions.

The way it's split up is into high, middle and low price bands. I presume that the higher band would be mostly en-suite rooms (which I personally don't want). Would the middle band be the rest of the Wolfson Building rooms, and the lower band Angel Court?

On the open day, they showed up a room in the Wolfson Building, but not in Angel Court. How do the Angel Court rooms compare?

The Angel Court rooms are more basic and lack ensuite facilities. Some of the rooms are also placed directly above some of the stores and the loading lorries can cause noise during the evening. So if you really must avoid this, go for the higher price bracket.

Latest

Trending

Trending