The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Speech and Language Therapy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
City has said they will contact after the 15th
Reply 221
Original post by rachel2011
ive applied to city, ucl, reading, newcastle & essex....i was rejected from reading but have interviews for UCL & Essex...haven't heard anything at all from city (has anyone else found this?) and Newcastle said they would get back to me in early 2012...

i decided to apply for some undergrad courses after reading what people have said in this forum & the general thought seems to be its best to apply for some to sort of cover all bases!

how long did it take for leeds to get back to you with a decision? x

Same as me then - except I went for Sheffield instead of Newcastle! Congrats on the interviews for UCL and Essex. Leeds took about 3 weeks to get back to me about the undergrad - but I know some people had been waiting a lot longer, I think they just waited until a certain date to look at everything. Fingers crossed you will hear something soon, it is nice to have a back up plan! X
Original post by Claire-H
None at all, but I'm pretty sure they look at applications after January 15th so not to worry - Also part of me thinks no news is good news!!
Ahh good plan! What is your first choice? xx

i dont really have a first choice to be honest im happy to go anywhere...id obviously rather get onto a postgraduate course but id be happy with an undergraduate one if i wasn't successful at any of the postgrad ones! how about u...where is your first choice? x
Reply 223
I had a phone call from Reading today, asking me to resend my degree transcript as it was a little blurry... At least that means I know they are currently looking at my application so should get a yay or nay fairly soonish :smile: x
Reply 224
I had a phone call from Reading today, asking me to resend my degree transcript as it was a little blurry... At least that means I know they are currently looking at my application so should get a yay or nay fairly soonish :smile: x

yay! good to know they are still looking! Fingers crossed we will hear soon... x
Reply 225

That's positive news :smile: fingers crossed we hear more good news in a couple of days or so...
Reply 226
Hi guys (again!)

So I sent off the transcript and I got a reply saying;

'Dear Claire,
Carol told me she had asked you to re-send a copy of your transcript. Thank you for sending this. This is much more legible than the copy we have at the moment, so we will be able to make a decision on your application very shortly.'

As it's very competitive particularly at Reading, i'm not overly hopeful, but thought I would let you guys know that they are obviously well on their way to making decisions as I sent my application pretty last minute!

x
Reply 227
Hi guys (again!)

So I sent off the transcript and I got a reply saying;

'Dear Claire,
Carol told me she had asked you to re-send a copy of your transcript. Thank you for sending this. This is much more legible than the copy we have at the moment, so we will be able to make a decision on your application very shortly.'

As it's very competitive particularly at Reading, i'm not overly hopeful, but thought I would let you guys know that they are obviously well on their way to making decisions as I sent my application pretty last minute!

x

Well if they didn't like the rest of your application they could have rejected you already so stay hopeful!
Original post by jennifex
I really don't think this is the case, my interview was at the end of April and I think 5 people on my interview day got in! :smile:

Thanks a mill for this, you've definitely put my mind at ease! If you have any advice or tips for the interview please send them my way, Ive never done an interview before :eek: Its kind of shocking considering Im nearly 23 :redface:
Original post by pimpom
Well done on your Essex interview :smile: I've not heard from them yet nor Reading. How do you know you got a rejection from them did they email you?

Hi yep I got an email saying my grades wern't high enough from my previous degree. I kinda expected as much I only got a 2.2 and I know that Reading is very competitive. I applied to a good few though both undergrad and postgrad to try give me the best posible chance :smile:

Hope you hear soon!
Original post by pimpom
Congrats on the 2 interviews - I've also got an interview at UCL next week as well as one for Newcastle. I got the e-mail saying we won't hear till 2012 back in December and another email later the same day inviting me for interview!

How did you hear about your rejection from Reading? Did they e-mail you? I haven't heard anything from them yet.
No news from City either....

reading emailed me a few days before christmas - hopefully no news is good news if you haven't heard from them yet!

i was getting a bit worried about city but i see from this forum that we wont here til around january 15th! it makes it a bit easier if you've got some sort of timescale to expect a response - constantly checking my emails at the min lol!
i was just wondering what makes reading in particular so competitive? does anyone know? xx
Reply 232
They only have 12 places whereas the other unis have around 30 (or 120 at city)
Reply 233
I just got an email from newcastle asking why I hadn't responded to their interview offer yet. I never received the original email!
Unfortunately it's on the same day as Reading so I had to decline :frown:
Reply 234
Original post by lux*
I just got an email from newcastle asking why I hadn't responded to their interview offer yet. I never received the original email!
Unfortunately it's on the same day as Reading so I had to decline :frown:

Ahh boo, that's a shame :frown:
You got an interview though so well done! :redface:) x
Reply 235
Ahh boo, that's a shame :frown:
You got an interview though so well done! :redface:) x

Thanks Claire :smile:

Little rant coming up but I realise it's a bit unfair towards people who haven't gotten an interview so I spoilered it.

Spoiler

Original post by lux*

Little rant coming up but I realise it's a bit unfair towards people who haven't gotten an interview so I spoilered it.

It never rains but it pours!

I'd say.. try to do whatever you can to go 'cause you've done really well to get to the interview stage and like you say you may regret it. Will your performance in the exam/essay directly affect you gaining entry to the course? If it won't then probably don't worry about it. But assuming it *does*, then it's definitely worth considering ways to get there without it using up all your time and making you tired. Could you go up the night before and stay in a cheap hotel or hostel? Megabus go to Newcastle, do Megabuses leave from your town/city?
Reply 237
Original post by lux*

Spoiler

Following on from paperlilys point, you could take your revision on the train. I travel to Nottingham from Southampton nearly every weekend to see my boyfriend (approx 4/5 hours, with changes), and during final year of uni it gave me so much time to just sit and revise.. you can't procrastinate on a train! If it's sleep you're more worried about, take a big coat/hoodie, use it as a pillow and sleep on the train. Also if you wear make up, don't put it on until you're about half an hour away from Newcastle. I've done this many times! Set an alarm on your phone so you wake up in time for your stop.
Even if you do get on to one of the courses, you'll always wonder whether you would have been successful at Newcastle and if it was the right place for you.
x
x
if i were u i would do whatever i could to make the interview...u have nothing to lose but everything to gain by going!!
Reply 239
Fingers crossed you get a place at one of the others, but if you don't I think you would forever kick yourself thinking 'what if I had gone to Newcastle'...think of the ridiculous cost as an investment in your future!! :wink: cheesy I know! But true x

Quick Reply

Latest