The Student Room Group

birthday this weekend and no ID!!

my passport has gone missing. I last had it on Friday daytime, it could be in my house somewhere but I can't find it so far. this would be annoying enough already, but it's my 20th this Saturday and there's no way in going to get a replacement in this time!

so I don't know whether to go out and try to blag it
just go from place to place until somewhere lets me in (I'm in Brighton so there's a lot of choice
borrow my friend (who is coming out with me)'s passport or what?!

I look older than I am and sometimes don't get IDed but often do :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't you have any other form of ID? Driving license or something...
nope. just my idiot passport
Reply 3
Hmm. In that case either borrow someone else's that looks like you or chance it and don't take any ID at all.
I think I'm going to have to borrow hers, only problem is I'll have her provisional and she'll have her passport (or vice versa) and we'll both be there!
Reply 5
Can you go to a studenty area? I never get IDd in predominantly student pubs, even though I'm only 18 and look a fair bit younger :tongue:
Original post by hannahhaworth
I think I'm going to have to borrow hers, only problem is I'll have her provisional and she'll have her passport (or vice versa) and we'll both be there!

Nooooooooooooo.!
Original post by kerily
Can you go to a studenty area? I never get IDd in predominantly student pubs, even though I'm only 18 and look a fair bit younger :tongue:

Brighton is an entirely studenty area though :frown:
Is there anyone else that vaguely looks like you that you can borrow a driving licence (therefore unclear photo) from?
No student card?
I wouldn't use your friends other ID if you'll both be there - it probably wouldn't work...
Just try and find that passport!!!

Happy drunking :smile:
You're a girl.

Show a bit of cleavage, and you won't get ID'd.

I did that with my friend for her 18th, we just went in separately and it worked!
Reply 12
my passport has gone missing. I last had it on Friday daytime, it could be in my house somewhere but I can't find it so far. this would be annoying enough already, but it's my 20th this Saturday and there's no way in going to get a replacement in this time!

so I don't know whether to go out and try to blag it
just go from place to place until somewhere lets me in (I'm in Brighton so there's a lot of choice
borrow my friend (who is coming out with me)'s passport or what?!

I look older than I am and sometimes don't get IDed but often do :frown:

if you do use someone else's id then keep hold of it when you show the bouncers, they took my friends id when someone else used and threw us all out :frown:

the only place i can think of in brighton without bouncers is the north star pub near the station but it's very old man-ish so not good for a 20th.

if all else fails send someone into and off licence and drink on the beach till you no longer feel cold :smile:
Original post by Taggart
if you do use someone else's id then keep hold of it when you show the bouncers, they took my friends id when someone else used and threw us all out :frown:

the only place i can think of in brighton without bouncers is the north star pub near the station but it's very old man-ish so not good for a 20th.

if all else fails send someone into and off licence and drink on the beach till you no longer feel cold :smile:

thinking about it there's at least 6 bars/pubs I know staff in and am guaranteed entry for but I'm so bored of them all!!
Reply 14
If you say its somewhere in your house then keep looking - surely your house isn't that big/messy? :tongue: saying that, it took me two days to find my drivers license last time I lost it, and that was just searching my room!
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
You're a girl.

you'd make a lousy bouncer!! What do you think us girls are??????????? :huff:
Original post by sloanegirl
you'd make a lousy bouncer!! What do you think us girls are??????????? :huff:

I feel as if I have no career prospects now that you said I would make a lousy bouncer.

Reply 17
You're a girl.

You do know that this only applies to ****holes where there are too many blokes already, right.
I feel as if I have no career prospects now that you said I would make a lousy bouncer.

it's okay *hugs*

I'll employ you :wink:

though you'd have to get rid of that ugly ass moustache.
Original post by Winning
You do know that this only applies to ****holes where there are too many blokes already, right.

You mean most clubs then?

Original post by sloanegirl
it's okay *hugs*

I'll employ you :wink:

though you'd have to get rid of that ugly ass moustache.

M'dear. The moustache is a symbol of sophistication.

And thank you, but I have no intention of being employed in the UK after my graduation. I hate taxes, you see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending