The Student Room Group

"lots of love " as Christmas card sign off to guy with girlfriend

What would you think if a girl you aree generally friendly with (nothing more) and who knew you had a girlfriend signed off a christmas card to you with "lots of love" (my name) x ?

That they were just being friendly and that this is a standard format or get worried that they are trying something on?

I have just sent such a card without really thinking and am now a little paranoid. I did use to like him (before he got a girlfriend) and he may sort of know this, though I hope it wasn't massively obvious, I never came onto him or anything. To be honest I still do like him a bit, but obviously don't want this to be in any way apparent now that he's with someone, it would be completely inappropriate.

Any thoughts on how common a "lots of love" sign off with an x is? Should I be worried?
I thought this was just what girls did?

Girls use "x"s all the time, they're not necessarily kisses, it's just a pleasant way of signing off I guess
It doesn't mean anything whatsowever :lolwut:

Lots of love is just a classic sign off.

Some of these threads are so ****ing weird.
Reply 3
'Lots of love x' is fine. It's standard.

'Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxx' as my boyfriend's ex once sent him, is a different matter. :colonhash:
I sign off using "with lots of love from" x for everyone and everything excluding business and offical correspondence as I don't want my bank manager to get the wrong idea.
Reply 5
I sign off with

Love Mel x

all the time on Xmas cards. It's just a sign off. Anyone who thinks any more is paranoid.
why not? share the love.

gosh some people just need to make a big deal out of everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending