The Student Room Group

Imperial College Msc Finance 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Fkappa
Totally agree with you...but I'm facing this sort of trade off. Since I'm doing an internship right now I can only study for the GMAT in the late evening and weekends and it will take a while to get ready. Moreover there is the possibility that I won't get a satisfactory result the first time I try and this would delay the whole thing even more...in any case I won't be able to take the GMAT before the end of February. On the other side there is no GMAT but the possibility to apply earlier, and try to make the app as better as I can. Do you think that applying within the end of the week I will still be considered an "early applicant"?

Thx

no matter wat u shld apply first, even without GMAT... competition for places gets tougher if u delay it...

maybe u can just put a note that u are currently studying for GMAT now...
Reply 81
Anyone here apply before Jan the 16th deadline for the 1st round? When you guys think they will start giving out offers for the Finance MSc?
Reply 82
Original post by Fkappa
Totally agree with you...but I'm facing this sort of trade off. Since I'm doing an internship right now I can only study for the GMAT in the late evening and weekends and it will take a while to get ready. Moreover there is the possibility that I won't get a satisfactory result the first time I try and this would delay the whole thing even more...in any case I won't be able to take the GMAT before the end of February. On the other side there is no GMAT but the possibility to apply earlier, and try to make the app as better as I can. Do you think that applying within the end of the week I will still be considered an "early applicant"?

Thx

I would definitely apply now! As said, GMAT is not an official requirement, therefore they will process your application without it. I personally took about 3 weeks to prepare for the GMAT and English is my adopted mother tongue. If you're lucky, then they will give you an offer without your GMAT. When you complete ur gmat and score highly, send them an email to let them know if they have not made a decision yet. that just might swing things in ur favour. GL
Reply 83
Original post by LSEfreak
Anyone here apply before Jan the 16th deadline for the 1st round? When you guys think they will start giving out offers for the Finance MSc?

Went to their open day and they said you will definetly hear an outcome by 13th February if you applied then.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Anyone received a decision from Imperial today?
Anyone received a decision from Imperial today?

did you get an offer? the wait is killing me.
Reply 86
Original post by rollarcoaster
did you get an offer? the wait is killing me.

No, but i know someone who submitted on 15th night time and got an offer today. The person had a gmat score tho. I duno, if it was the gmat that they considered. Mind if i know your stats?
Reply 87
Just received an offer. Need to get a 2:1, relieved. :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Elbonian

u going to accept?
Reply 89
Original post by Elbonian

Congratulations on the offer. What is your degree/university/professional background if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Marc Fiorano

Original post by Marc Fiorano
As an Imperial undergrad intending to do a MSc Finance in two years, I would just like to add that Imperial's course is regarded to be slightly over priced (having spoken to students of the course) but the mathematical rigour of the syllabus beats that of just about every other MSc Finance course in the country. In fact I think you'll find the level of maths a shock coming from a Finance undergrad, I've heard that even Imperial's scientists/engineers find the maths challenging.

A real bonus of the Imperial course is that it incorporates the CFA exam which can be a real plus if it's something you value (some do, some don't). They also have programming (both optional) which apparently has proved very favourable by hedge funds looking for algo traders. I would say this course is one of if not the top feeder to hedge funds in this country.

I would agree with Swayum, if you want to get into S&T then LSE will naturally open more doors and on an international level the LSE brand will be more recognized (Imperial is almost unheard of in the states).

To be honest though they're both top courses and the differences are marginal and I guess it just comes down to personal choice. I know plenty who have rejected the LSE course for Imperial because they don't find it rigorous enough.

Hey! I´m applying from sweden where i have studied finance! I´m looking to get some help with applications and wonder about my chances of getting accepted!

I have one possibly two bachelors(depending on how much time i will put on GMAT and applications this spring), good grades overall but no internships in finance.

Is there any point in applying for Imperial Finance?
How are the other programs quality wise?

Appreciate reply!

Regards
Reply 91
Offer for MSc Finance, think alot came out today
Offer for MSc Finance, think alot came out today

congrats! can i ask when did you apply? i still havent gotten mine yet. stillll waiting
Reply 93
Original post by rollarcoaster
congrats! can i ask when did you apply? i still havent gotten mine yet. stillll waiting

Applied on the 15th of Jan, so 10 days exactly!
Reply 94
hehe, I am also still wating for a decision. Applied 5th Dec, so I think my application isn't an easy choice for them. At least they didn't reject me so far. It seems that they don't consider applications by date.
Reply 95
Original post by fabianbs
hehe, I am also still wating for a decision. Applied 5th Dec, so I think my application isn't an easy choice for them. At least they didn't reject me so far. It seems that they don't consider applications by date.

Yeah I applied quite early aswell still to hear. I am kind of worried now.
Reply 96
Original post by THEKID1991
Yeah I applied quite early aswell still to hear. I am kind of worried now.

Can I ask what is your background? Maybe, they only accept specific universities, degrees and grades first... very strange process
Just want to check...does the appliation status switch to "Under Consideration" like other university programs or does it stay as "being processed" until you get either an offer or rejection?
Reply 98
Original post by incipientclarity
Just want to check...does the appliation status switch to "Under Consideration" like other university programs or does it stay as "being processed" until you get either an offer or rejection?

being processed.

My friend from the University of Manchester, got 2.1 in his undergraduate, applied in December, received his offer last week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending