The Student Room Group

At what age is it weird to live at home?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megaross
25 is the absolute limit. And you should be paying keep anything past 18, or 16 if in full time work

When I move back from uni, first port of call is the job, second is finding a houseshare to move into cheaply while I save for a deposit on a mortgage.
I don't think theres enough pressure on people these days to move out of their parental home and grow up.

No.exactly weird man, some people really don't have enough cash to move somewhere comfortable, at the end of the day if their parent/s are find with it then why go against this - it's not your problem!
Reply 81
Original post by harmony23
I've recently started seeing a guy, and he seem's really nice. But I can't help thinking it's a little weird that he lives at home, aged 24. I know plenty of grads move back in after uni, but he's never moved out at all. He occupies a single bed in a little room that looks like it belongs to a teenage boy. He's worked full time since he graduated so I don't understand what he did with his money, or why he's never felt the desire to spend it on moving out.

Do you think this is weird? What age is too old to be living with your parents?

I think he's smart and good with his money. He's a keeper :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by resortini
No.exactly weird man, some people really don't have enough cash to move somewhere comfortable, at the end of the day if their parent/s are find with it then why go against this - it's not your problem!

The entire idea of this thread is to ask the opinion. It might not be my problem, it'll be theirs when they're retired and still paying a mortgage with no savings and a minimal pension but I'm still entitled to give my opinion.

I'd rather live in ****hole park if I had to and own my own property then slowly move up the property ladder than live with my parents for half my life.
What outgoings do people have when living with their parents, really, if they aren't paying keep? Not a lot, it's easy enough to save up a deposit if they gave uni their all and made way for easy postgrad employment.

Why are people so afraid to live uncomfortably in the short term and have more in the long term?
Reply 83
I have an uncle aged nearly 50 who still lives with my grandparents. He is a loser, but at the same time he's an absolute legend and everyone loves him. His modest income (which is all disposable) goes on the world's best guitars and saxophones, which he has so much time to play to a professional standard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending