The Student Room Group

18 year old girl dating a 24 year old guy

Heya eveyone

Just a question that’s popped to my mind. I’m currently 24 years old and have been messaging this girl who’s turning 18 next week for under a month. I have developed feelings for her as she’s very mature and well spoken for her age but I’m going to wait until her birthday next week before letting my feelings for her known. But is it weird for an 17/18 year old girl to date a 24 year old guy

I would like to hear your perspectives,especially from girls of or around a similar age.
I think this age difference is on the larger side because you are both so young, so there might be a large difference in maturity and what stage of life you are in. I think that's something you need to consider when you date someone this much younger when you are both still so young (it would be different if the 6 years age difference is between, for instance, 30 and 36 because that is a smaller relative difference due to both being older than you two are).

Are you looking for a serious relationship? Is she? Do you think that someone who is this much younger has the same level of (emotional) maturity as you have? What stage of life are you in, are you still studying or already/about to get into the world of work and is she going off to college/uni soon? Such differences can make a relationship not work out.
Reply 2
No, I don't think a 24 year old dating an 18 year old is particularly weird. I don't really understand why some people get so hung up about age gaps. As long as there are 2 consenting adults, what's the issue?
Reply 3
I guess girls like mature guys. I don't think there should be a problem
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
That’s creepy mate 6 year age gap at the time when she may have been 12 you just turned 18 she’s 18 your 24 don’t you find that creepy and freaky

But I didn’t meet her at 12 though so your point is absurd and invalid 😂🤦*♂️
Original post by Anonymous #1
Heya eveyone

Just a question that’s popped to my mind. I’m currently 24 years old and have been messaging this girl who’s turning 18 next week for under a month. I have developed feelings for her as she’s very mature and well spoken for her age but I’m going to wait until her birthday next week before letting my feelings for her known. But is it weird for an 17/18 year old girl to date a 24 year old guy

I would like to hear your perspectives,especially from girls of or around a similar age.

cant be putting 18 in the title if shes 17 bröder ,u a ***** fr
Reply 6
It is definitely going to be considered weird to onlookers or whatever, a 6 year gap at this age is rather large. You're going to be at very different stages of your lives. If you can make it work it's not that big of a deal though.
Reply 7
Original post by Mohammed_80
That’s creepy mate 6 year age gap at the time when she may have been 12 you just turned 18 she’s 18 your 24 don’t you find that creepy and freaky

This is a silly post.
Original post by AF2Dr
This is a silly post.

Your post is silly think about it 18 and 24 is pathetic as it is
Reply 9
It’s not weird, could be ill advised
You're both in different stages of life so no
Reply 11
most people couldn't care less about a couple's age gap.
it's more what you feel comfortable with.
remember, it's your life, and you can live it however you want to, with whoever you want to.
if other people's opinions affect your way of life, you have to deal with that or accept it in your own way.
I find that strange, but that's just my unique perspective that my mother has instilled in me.

“I havedeveloped feelings for her as she’s very mature and wellspoken for her age

It is always the same thing they say. Hey, don't make any nonsense excuses if you want to f*ck her. Lemme be frank and give you a little sneak peek on what's probably going to happen: she will probably break up with you since, at eighteen, you don't truly find your soul mate. Instead, she needs to take time to learn more about herself and the world can offer to her. Accept this as a temporary ride, and don't be bumped if it ends sooner than you anticipated.
Original post by Adz2042
most people couldn't care less about a couple's age gap.
it's more what you feel comfortable with.
remember, it's your life, and you can live it however you want to, with whoever you want to.
if other people's opinions affect your way of life, you have to deal with that or accept it in your own way.

They should start to care more, then. Or be the 40 years old weirdo who dates 16 years olds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending