The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
All the negative comments about London is making me scared to go there now! :cry:
Reply 1181
Original post by apple17
Startied to think that you are glued to your tv shows. :tongue: Ah, I was :rofl: cuz i thought u were a fatass and thought food=life.

What is westfield? :confused:

:mmm: Who says I'm not a fatass? :p: Maybe I am :laugh: (but hey, everyone loves good food :p: lol )
Westfield is a shopping mall. and I am glued ONCE I start :wink:
Original post by Normandy114
I have to admit it was a massive culture shock stepping off of the tube at Whitechapel , but it doesn't really matter, as you say most of the time you'll be in lectures/placement/accommodation.

And your constant vigilance has scared everyone off, we were going at a decent pace :frown:

That and it shouldn't really bother you. If it does then maybe BL isn't for you. But it's something you get used to really quickly I find. And it becomes your home so you kind of ignore it :lol:
The only time it annoys me is when I'm walking back from the sainsbury's in whitechapel with my shopping and all the people get in the way and walk so damn slowly :colonhash:

I almost feel bad for you lot..... almost :wink:

Original post by Quackers93
Are you sure you don't mean Penguinsaysquack? :laugh:

Original post by fallenangel
Haha - I'm sure it's you (although he's a bit of a TSR medic celebrity isn't he?)

Aww you two :love:

Original post by Revent
Yup, and yup worst season ever :sad: It had potential to be really good as well, but eh.

:redface: BL is in Whitechapel which is like the worst of East London :mmm: (Although BL itself is awesome :biggrin: )

Yep, but then they casted that odd girl to be the new JD and it's just not as good :no:

I agree with both parts of that sentence :colone:

Original post by apple17
All the negative comments about London is making me scared to go there now! :cry:

Haha don't be scared!
We all criticise London if you live there simply because it's easier to criticise than to praise.
I personally wouldn't want to go anywhere else. But in the end it's irrelevant as the majority of people love their uni and have loyalty towards it :yep:
Reply 1183
Original post by fallenangel
Haha - I'm sure it's you (although he's a bit of a TSR medic celebrity isn't he?)

Exactly - I can go through my gap year knowing I have a place, feels pretty surreal if I'm honest - particularly after the torture of last year, it really tests your will to study medicine.

I completely missed your question about my gap year. I recently done some travelling to the far-east which was pretty amazing & currently devoting my time to the gym, thought I'd use my year to improve my physique. Really need a job ahah - hopefully something after christmas will come up - gotta stay positive! How has yours been?

St Andrews looks amazing - i'm sure you'll love it :biggrin:

:laugh: I'm really curious hownow (if I am though I'm still doubtful) lol

Haha no worries. Sounds cool, wish I could've done (more) travelling. I went to Namibia for 3 weeks with college at the start of summer but since then I've not done very much. I have a part time job in a nursery but I only get called in when I'm needed which atm isn't good because in 3/4 months I've had 4 shifts :redface: But my mum and another woman are going on maturnity soon so hopefully I'll steal some of their hours :colone: Should hopefully be a little more fun when the baby is here - paedeatric experience :laugh: Positivity is the way forward after all :biggrin:

I know I will, I'll be heartbroken if they don't mainly because of the rejection last year (moreso if I'm completely offerless again) but meh I guess life will go on :tongue: You sound like you really love Leicester, only another 9 months of relaxation until all the hard work begins! :tongue:
Original post by laurie:)
only in lewisham would you have to listen to sirens, screaming, the migraine skank playing on a phone, and fights, whilst sitting in the 'quiet study' area of the library :sigh:

All those things happen in the library near mine as well! Infact, not just in the library, but even inside my house with the doors closed I could hear them, especially at night time. Moreover seeing as I live near a pub, the noises and people screaming gets even louder to the point where I need to put headphones on in order to sleep!! :tongue:
Lol also in the area that I live in people have to watch out for chavs/drunks trying to bash their cars, steal things (usual stuff) like money, gold, bicycles (in my experience even after putting 2 very strong locks they still managed to cut it open with something like a chainsaw- not to mention I have lost 3 bicycles in the past 2 years!!), even a GCSE revision book (Yes some moron actually stole it lmao!! :rofl:). On top of all that you are most likely to get atleast a few stuffs thrown at your window, car, front door etc...
These are the least of your worries. :tongue:
Infact I can probably write a whole essay on the other negative aspects but I don't wanna bore you! Lol :biggrin:
Original post by Normandy114
I will have in a couple of month's time :colone:

Did you got an offer from manchester?
If you end up living in an area like my area, then god help you lol! But the areas near the university are pretty awesome I think. :tongue:
Reply 1186
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
That and it shouldn't really bother you. If it does then maybe BL isn't for you. But it's something you get used to really quickly I find. And it becomes your home so you kind of ignore it :lol:
The only time it annoys me is when I'm walking back from the sainsbury's in whitechapel with my shopping and all the people get in the way and walk so damn slowly :colonhash:

Yep, but then they casted that odd girl to be the new JD and it's just not as good :no:

Haha don't be scared!
We all criticise London if you live there simply because it's easier to criticise than to praise.
I personally wouldn't want to go anywhere else. But in the end it's irrelevant as the majority of people love their uni and have loyalty towards it :yep:

Yeah, the new girl SUCKS :yucky:
Reply 1187
:puppyeyes: Am I the only one who didn't mind season 9 too much...?

I mean it's no where near as good as the other seasons by any means, but it's not too bad (Though they are really trying too hard to make Lucy into JD) If it had no links to Scrubs I think people would've liked it a lot more, it just didn't live up to the Scrubs name - well that's the opinion of basically everyone I know who's a Scrubs fan :tongue:
Original post by Revent
idk, I loved Manchester when I was there for 3 days :p:

Well you haven't been to an area like the one I live in then, if you loved it! :tongue:
Btw was it for an interview? :colondollar:
Reply 1189

Haha don't be scared!

Phew, relief. :woo:
Guess its part of human nature, we are always critical in a negative manner rather than being positive
I can imagine, the uni spirit must be so good over there, some Canadian universities have no university spirit. :rolleyes:
Oh, are you going to that medic meet-up thing, it sounds so awesome but can't make it. :s-smilie:
Reply 1190
Original post by Revent
:mmm: Who says I'm not a fatass? :p: Maybe I am :laugh: (but hey, everyone loves good food :p: lol )
Westfield is a shopping mall. and I am glued ONCE I start :wink:

True say, brown food and spices. Which reminds me of our competition with Laurie. :tongue:
You like shopping too. :confused: Don't think anyone can stop shopping once they start, the reason why I am broke atm. :wink:
Original post by apple17
Phew, relief. :woo:
Guess its part of human nature, we are always critical in a negative manner rather than being positive
I can imagine, the uni spirit must be so good over there, some Canadian universities have no university spirit. :rolleyes:
Oh, are you going to that medic meet-up thing, it sounds so awesome but can't make it. :s-smilie:

Exactly :yep:
Really? I heard it's better than America since you can drink legally and they can't?
I don't know much about it.. just that my ex wants to do a year abroad in Canada :dontknow:

If it's in London and before the summer then I should be able to make it. It would be good if people commit and actually turn up. I've been to a fair few mods meets now and they're always a lot of fun to chat with these people in real life. Add in the drinking and it's even better :colone:

We'll see if this actually happens though :crossedf:
Reply 1192
Exactly :yep:
Really? I heard it's better than America since you can drink legally and they can't?
I don't know much about it.. just that my ex wants to do a year abroad in Canada :dontknow:

If it's in London and before the summer then I should be able to make it. It would be good if people commit and actually turn up. I've been to a fair few mods meets now and they're always a lot of fun to chat with these people in real life. Add in the drinking and it's even better :colone:

We'll see if this actually happens though :crossedf:

Aw, no, legal drinking age in my province is 19 so its a lot of underage drinking :cool:. But definitely better than America, the legal age is 21. Too old. :eek:Most people either don't like their unis or their unis are commuter schools so seem boring. A year abroad in canada would be :love:, but there are more exotic places she can go to.

Never drank, waiting till university. :colondollar: But yeah its always cool to meet up as long as u lot aren't the insane nerds :tongue: , plus Vulpes has made an awesome plan. A lot of people are up for it, hopefully works out or all of Vulpes hard work will be ruined. :redface: If it works out though, need to do another one before med school starts next year, so I can be there (assuming I get an offer this year :biggrin:)
Reply 1193
Original post by apple17
True say, brown food and spices. Which reminds me of our competition with Laurie. :tongue:
You like shopping too. :confused: Don't think anyone can stop shopping once they start, the reason why I am broke atm. :wink:

Yeah, I love shopping :mmm: weird for a guy, I know :laugh: but oh well, it is fun.:p: and the ex used to hate me cos I knew more about shopping for womens clothes than her :mmm: BTW, have you got a Skype/MSN or something?

Original post by handsome7654
Well you haven't been to an area like the one I live in then, if you loved it! :tongue:
Btw was it for an interview? :colondollar:

Fair enough haha. Lol nah it was a mini holiday :P

what is this meet everyone is speaking of? Lol Im a bit lost haha
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1194
Original post by Revent
Yeah, I love shopping :mmm: weird for a guy, I know :laugh: but oh well, it is fun.:p: and the ex used to hate me cos I knew more about shopping for womens clothes than her :mmm: BTW, have you got a Skype/MSN or something?

Fair enough haha. Lol nah it was a mini holiday :P

what is this meet everyone is speaking of? Lol Im a bit lost haha

Nah, u can join manic_fuzz, first 2 guys who love shopping. Most guys onyl go shopping with a girl for one reason. :mmm: It is so fun, except when i get the credit card bill. Again, still :confused: why did u date and like that weirdo. :tongue: PMed you my msn. :smile:

Its a medic meet organized by Vulpes. Here is the info: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35528143&highlight=
Sounds amazing and just :love:
Original post by apple17
Aw, no, legal drinking age in my province is 19 so its a lot of underage drinking :cool:. But definitely better than America, the legal age is 21. Too old. :eek:Most people either don't like their unis or their unis are commuter schools so seem boring. A year abroad in canada would be :love:, but there are more exotic places she can go to.

Never drank, waiting till university. :colondollar: But yeah its always cool to meet up as long as u lot aren't the insane nerds :tongue: , plus Vulpes has made an awesome plan. A lot of people are up for it, hopefully works out or all of Vulpes hard work will be ruined. :redface: If it works out though, need to do another one before med school starts next year, so I can be there (assuming I get an offer this year :biggrin:)

A legal age of 19? How odd :holmes:
And fair enough but up to her anyway so..

You might want to drink a little bit before coming to uni... so you know your limits.
I can't speak for every uni but the start to BL was a LOT of drinking and a lot of people weren't used to it and ended up regretting things etc..

I'll let the other medics in the mod team know... see if we can get the doctors along too (I don't know how well you know our supermods, but 3 are currently doctors :h:)
Just to say the Medic Meet was both our idea, we've been talking about it for ages, but the ass didn't think to include me in his OP :ashamed:
Reply 1197
Original post by ViceVersa
Just to say the Medic Meet was both our idea, we've been talking about it for ages, but the ass didn't think to include me in his OP :ashamed:

Well it does sound like an awesome idea :tongue:

I think I have insomnia -___-
Reply 1198
A legal age of 19? How odd :holmes:
And fair enough but up to her anyway so..

You might want to drink a little bit before coming to uni... so you know your limits.
I can't speak for every uni but the start to BL was a LOT of drinking and a lot of people weren't used to it and ended up regretting things etc..

I'll let the other medics in the mod team know... see if we can get the doctors along too (I don't know how well you know our supermods, but 3 are currently doctors :h:)

I know and the stupid thing is you can drive at 16 but can't drink and drive till 18 but legal drinking age is 19 so there is a bunch of rules that are just :confused:. True say. :smile:

Yeah, I heard that fresher's week is basically a ton of parties and drinking. Does seem like a smart idea, any cases of poisoning or w.e? One of my medic frds had alcohol poisoning/something weird cuz she drank way too much in a short period of time.

Good idea to get them in case we get food/alcohol poisoning. I know there was one that got married, helenia, and another hygeia. They are both super helpful on the interview prep thread. :cool:
Reply 1199
Original post by ViceVersa

Good job. :woo: Its so cool, really wish I could have come. :love: Organize another one in fall 2012?
Like they say there is always a women behind every man's success. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending