The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17
:naughty: Chem is fun. yeah, I am sure just knowing that SA node has one function is practically useless in medicine, its a wonder how ppl remember so much.

Oh, we do a lot of genetics, bio chem, evolution, ecology, cells, physio, plant sci, metabolism and neuro-bio. Oh, that is hard but its sounds fun plus less bio concepts to know, just application

Econ, chem, eng, math and french and physics on the side.

I know right, I dunno how I'd cope with a med degree even if I got into one, I can barely manage with A Levels. :rofl: But then I think about all the things our brain is holding atm, all the faces, songs, facts, memories etc and realise that A Levels are really just a drop in the ocean, my brain (and anyone's) is more than capable.

Oooh, that sounds good! Most of that prepares you for med school?

:eek: Zommmg, how many exams are you gonna have? :rofl:
Reply 1781
Original post by Parle à ma main
I hate Chemistry with an absolute passion :p: But yeah, knowing how stomata will close is useless... in fact, most things we do in bio and chem are useless when I think about it :frown:

You're like the opp of me! Last year I loved Chem and hated Bio, this year I love Bio but hate Chem :p:

Original post by apple17
:naughty: no hating the chemistry. :colonhash: true say, except the anatomy but thats like simplified too.
Isn't bio harder this year though? :confused:

Last year, I hated bio, chem and phyiscs :mmm:
This year, I LOVE chem and bio but still hate physics. :laugh:
Original post by Revent
Last year, I hated bio, chem and phyiscs :mmm:
This year, I LOVE chem and bio but still hate physics. :laugh:

How do you guys like Chemistry?!?! How is it possible? :P
Reply 1783

Well I'm fascinated by specific topics in chemistry :p: So far, I think the most interesting (but briefly covered :sad: ) was optical isomers :coma:

I second this. It's so arduous and boring :K:
Original post by Revent
Well I'm fascinated by specific topics in chemistry :p: So far, I think the most interesting (but briefly covered :sad: ) was optical isomers :coma:

Yeah, that's one of the better chemistry topics. But i haaaate physical chem and organic is just a memory test. Chemistry just doesn't "click" with me :p:
Original post by manic_fuzz
I second this. It's so arduous and boring :K:

Yep! And hard :frown: Esp acids and bases. Luckily apparently there's not much chem content in a med degree :biggrin:
Reply 1787
Yeah, that's one of the better chemistry topics. But i haaaate physical chem and organic is just a memory test. Chemistry just doesn't "click" with me :p:

I think apart from rates and acid/base, I enjoy everything :p:
Yep! And hard :frown: Esp acids and bases. Luckily apparently there's not much chem content in a med degree :biggrin:

Oh yeah I've heard that too :awesome: Thank god!

I also hear that loads of medics hated chemistry :mmm: Heheh
Reply 1789
Original post by Revent

rates is awesome in chem :tongue:
Reply 1790
I know right, I dunno how I'd cope with a med degree even if I got into one, I can barely manage with A Levels. :rofl: But then I think about all the things our brain is holding atm, all the faces, songs, facts, memories etc and realise that A Levels are really just a drop in the ocean, my brain (and anyone's) is more than capable.

Oooh, that sounds good! Most of that prepares you for med school?

:eek: Zommmg, how many exams are you gonna have? :rofl:

I know, thats what I am so scared of, the volume is intense! Well, simalr to u guys, only biochem, cells and physio, DNA help. I have 15 in total in May. :redface:
Reply 1791
Original post by apple17
rates is awesome in chem :tongue:

Just applied Maths :laugh: Nothing interesting :p:
Original post by apple17
I have 15 in total in May. :redface:

:eek3: MADNESS :eek3:
Reply 1793
Original post by apple17
I know, thats what I am so scared of, the volume is intense! Well, simalr to u guys, only biochem, cells and physio, DNA help. I have 15 in total in May. :redface:

In summer of year 11, I had 27 exams :colondollar:
Original post by Revent

Yeah, although rates/equilibria > acids and bases.

So basically you're an organic fan? :awesome:

Original post by manic_fuzz
Oh yeah I've heard that too :awesome: Thank god!

I also hear that loads of medics hated chemistry :mmm: Heheh

Good, glad I wouldn't be alone in the world of disliking chem if i got in. :p: But you'll probably get some chemistry at Ox?

Original post by apple17

Yeah, volume looks intense. No wonder medics have a reputation for binge drinking :rofl:

15! :eek: Wow. I'm only going to have max 7 in the whole year, and that's if I have to resit the modules I'm sitting in Jan. Bon courage! :hugs:
Reply 1795

Good, glad I wouldn't be alone in the world of disliking chem if i got in. :p: But you'll probably get some chemistry at Ox?

Yeah, volume looks intense. No wonder medics have a reputation for binge drinking :rofl:

15! :eek: Wow. I'm only going to have max 7 in the whole year, and that's if I have to resit the modules I'm sitting in Jan. Bon courage! :hugs:

Yeaaah!! That's what I was looking for :p: I love Organic Chem :biggrin:

I'm not sure :mmm:

I did scan through the first year syllabus (though it was like 65 pages long soo....) and it didn't seem too bad in actual content, just in length :tongue: and it all looked so interesting, so excited :awesome:
Reply 1797
Original post by Revent
Just applied Maths :laugh: Nothing interesting :p:

But its easy. Anything except redox and acids/bases is pre fun tbh. :lol:
27 exams is crazy. :eek:
Reply 1798
Original post by apple17
But its easy. Anything except redox and acids/bases is pre fun tbh. :lol:
27 exams is crazy. :eek:

Yeah, I know :p: It was a mixture of GCSE and A Level :laugh:
Reply 1799

Probably why. :lol: Unfortunately, i am waiting till uni to drink so won't really have that comfort of drinking. :colonhash:
I know, lucky duck! Thank you, hope it goes well. If i get a UK offer, then the points count a lot, if not, canadian unis aren't so bad with IB offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending