The Student Room Group

C4 Jan 12 Edexcel Post Exam Discussion - Solutions in first post

solutions now attached to this post

slightly trickier than standard

I do not have access to the papers before the exam

Here is a link to the June 11 thread, the first few posts contains stacks of useful stuff such as past papers, model answers, boundaries, hints and tips...

Scroll down to post #39

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619107&post=39
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Could anyone repost these originally posted by intellectual cause they have been deleted:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=31813973&postcount=306
Original post by intellectual1
Here are past questions that a Maths tutor suggested that should be done to attain an A* or very high UMS scores in C3 and C4.

Pure 2 and Pure 3 papers were much more challenging than Core 3 and Core 4. So if you can do those Pure questions, then you should be on the way to A*! :wink:

It should be clear that P1 P2 P3 mark schemes for possible questions are here:

P1 P2 P3 Solomon Papers and P1 P2 P3 Jan Jun 01 02 03 04 05 and P2 Nov 02 03 04 Papers and Mark Schemes
http://www.mediafire.com/?bj8czy6767f0rgg

All the Past C3 and C4 Papers, Solomon Worksheets, Solomon Papers, Practice Papers, Mock and Specimen Papers and Mark Schemes
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzdvo7fd554gymc

Thanks in advance.
Well...I'm doing this :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Guess there won't be many of us taking the exam. Suspect that the grade boundaries will be high too *sigh*
Reply 4
Original post by TheUltimateProof
Guess there won't be many of us taking the exam. Suspect that the grade boundaries will be high too *sigh*

What a strange mindset.
Just think positive and crack on with the revision/learning. :smile:
Whilst last Januarys grade boundaries were high that was an unusually 'straight forward' paper and has no relation to the fact it was in January or based on the make up of the cohort.
Reply 5
Anyone else struggling with vectors and differential equations? :colone:
Reply 6
Is it seriously Jan 12???

Got to actually start.. TODAY.
Reply 7
Oh nevermind. The date is Jan 25th. I thought you meant 12th not 2012
Starting revision for the integration chapter today, hope i haven't left it too late seeing as i didn't understand any of it in class and i also have c3 to be preparing :'(
Original post by xy5
What a strange mindset.
Just think positive and crack on with the revision/learning. :smile:
Whilst last Januarys grade boundaries were high that was an unusually 'straight forward' paper and has no relation to the fact it was in January or based on the make up of the cohort.

My *sigh* is because generally people taking C4 this January (like myself) will be doing it earlier or ahead of their school thus would be the higher scoring applicants.
I think that last years high boundaries were due to the surge of applicants brushing up their grades for universities before the fees go up.

Nontheless, revision is full stream ahead and I can't wait to get core out the way to move onto FP2/3 fully.
Reply 10
Original post by TheUltimateProof
My *sigh* is because generally people taking C4 this January (like myself) will be doing it earlier or ahead of their school thus would be the higher scoring applicants.
I think that last years high boundaries were due to the surge of applicants brushing up their grades for universities before the fees go up.

Nontheless, revision is full stream ahead and I can't wait to get core out the way to move onto FP2/3 fully.

Some people are not taking it early, some are taking it again...and again after failing in previous sessions.
The high boundaries in January were purely down to the fact that the paper, in comparison to others, was so straightforward that the grade boundaries had to be high.

All the best with your revision. :smile:

^I commonly see this on implicit differentiation in the MS. Does anyone know why it's crossed out like that?
differential equations :rant:
Reply 13
I'm doing this exam too. :frown:
Original post by Arsey
X

Arsey besides graph sketching & numerical calculus, is there anything else (that's useful) a graphical calc can do for C4?
Reply 15
Well a 991es will do numerical calculus, so I would only bother getting one for its ability to sketch graphs, find max / min / intersections etc.
When is the ideal time to start having a crack at past papers? I've started having a go at them but I feel it may be slightly too late...Just over 3 weeks left :eek2:
Reply 17
never too late, but I would have suggested starting before Xmas.
Original post by Arsey
never too late, but I would have suggested starting before Xmas.

Thanks for making this thread Arsey,

Wondered if you know what "proof" we need to know for this C3 ?!
Reply 19
Original post by -Illmatic-
When is the ideal time to start having a crack at past papers? I've started having a go at them but I feel it may be slightly too late...Just over 3 weeks left :eek2:

don't worry, i started yesterday and am now in a state of blind panic XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending