The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I just wanted to say that after ''swimming'' from Christ's for Classics I was fished out from Fitzwilliam today!! SO there is still hope for everyone out there still swimming! Do not give up hope! Thank you everyone for your posts, which I have been following for the last few days and your helpful advice and stats Minerva :smile: It's really kept me sane and motivated-I've even had a few laughs at all the ''fish'' puns''-apologies for adding to them. And also check your missed calls on your mobile!!! Phoned back a number that had rung me and was the DoS! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope you get what you wish for :smile:
Reply 2621
Original post by the.student
Same! and i have 6 exams coming up so I cant really afford to prepare for this interview.. i'm just going to see what happens and if i dont get it at least i was reinterviewed! what were your predictions if you dont mind? mine is 2A* 2A but im thinking a lot of candidates will be all A*s?!

Well I'm actually applying post A level so I have my results which were 3 A*s but to be honest a lot of people will probably have more A levels! Applied last year as well and was in exactly the same position- had a reinterview but then didn't make it... so huuuuge feeling of deja vu but I guess we shall just have to see :s-smilie: Reaaaally not a nice position to be in but I suppose we should be grateful for our interviews eh?? :tongue:
Original post by Killyenn
That's great, congrats! :biggrin: I thought you were going to say that you got rejected because the first part of your message sounded a bit sad, but fortunately not! :tongue:

haha sorry but first ever post of TSR so wasn't entirely sure how to put it. Thank you sir! For everyone still waiting it's horrible and I really hope some good news comes to you all soon.
Original post by EyesForEyes
Woohoo! Engineering as well? Or..?

Afraid not :frown: History :biggrin: Any idea of what hall you want to go to? :smile:
Original post by tarcja
anyone been fished for theology? nervously waiting for news but no one on here seems to have been pooled for theology.

I've been pooled for theology by Clare! Glad to find another God-fish out there. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Wheeler99
I am a maths applicant originally pooled from Clare. I was lucky enough to get an offer through on track today. I'm so pleased!
This is, however, the first news I have had of my offer so I can't be sure what college it is from. The campus code is C (Clare) but I'm unsure if this is because it is where I originally applied. I would not be surprised if the offer is from Clare as both them and Corpus sent out decisions on track earlier. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me whether the campus code on UCAS would have changed if I had been pooled to another college.

Thankyou to Minerva and everyone contributing to this thread these past few days, it has done much to keep me sane!

I hope there is a happy outcome for everyone still swimming.

If the campus code on your track was Clare’s, it means you were fished by your original college :smile: They probably just pooled you to benchmark your application with pooled applicants from other colleges, then decided they wanted you anyway x
Well there it is fishiesss....after today...those offers are gonna start decreasing. Our chances will decrease and eventually our fateful letters will arrive :/

Thankyou so much for everyone who gave advice and helped on this thread- particularly to Minerva and her wisdom. Afterralll...Cambridge was a nice dream whilst it lasted!
Original post by classicslover94
Hi, I just wanted to say that after ''swimming'' from Christ's for Classics I was fished out from Fitzwilliam today!! SO there is still hope for everyone out there still swimming! Do not give up hope! Thank you everyone for your posts, which I have been following for the last few days and your helpful advice and stats Minerva :smile: It's really kept me sane and motivated-I've even had a few laughs at all the ''fish'' puns''-apologies for adding to them. And also check your missed calls on your mobile!!! Phoned back a number that had rung me and was the DoS! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope you get what you wish for :smile:

Are you three year or four year course? Just interested to know because although it wasn’t my first choice college I was interviewed by Christ’s on the 6th of December and chatted with some fellow interviewees there, you might have met me :smile:
Reply 2628
Original post by eprysehawkins
Well there it is fishiesss....after today...those offers are gonna start decreasing. Our chances will decrease and eventually our fateful letters will arrive :/

Thankyou so much for everyone who gave advice and helped on this thread- particularly to Minerva and her wisdom. Afterralll...Cambridge was a nice dream whilst it lasted!

Can't help but agree with you, it is the rational and logical thing to expect now. I do take pleasure in this though, as the wait is no longer so nerve-wracking.
Reply 2629
My letter said i would recieve any news of an interview or offer between 9th and 12th jan..... no need to read between the lines there.. [my] fate will be sealed by thursday..
Reply 2630
I have searched "Computer Science," and there doesn't seem to have been anything mentioned about it for a while.

Has anybody heard of any offers or reinterviews for CompSci, because I haven't heard ANYTHING. Have they not got round to it, or are they just not fishing anyone out of the pool for it?
I've already started searching Oxford colleges for reapplying for Classics (rather than English) next year. Given up? Very nearly...
Original post by mfmdanny
I have searched "Computer Science," and there doesn't seem to have been anything mentioned about it for a while.

Has anybody heard of any offers or reinterviews for CompSci, because I haven't heard ANYTHING. Have they not got round to it, or are they just not fishing anyone out of the pool for it?

Not heard anything myself. If they weren't fishing anyone out surely they would have sent the rejections by now?
Original post by eprysehawkins

Original post by Jeddy
Can't help but agree with you, it is the rational and logical thing to expect now. I do take pleasure in this though, as the wait is no longer so nerve-wracking.

Original post by kirino1
My letter said i would recieve any news of an interview or offer between 9th and 12th jan..... no need to read between the lines there.. [my] fate will be sealed by thursday..

I am afraid I can't agree with any of you. Our fatal letters may not be rejections only, the wait still goes on until something is definite, and our fate will not be sealed after all. If there is still hope, I think we should cheer each other up and fight till the last second for the offers we deserve. Bear with me, there might be a new route that is just opening up. I am still waiting, and I don't believe most direct offers have already been given out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2634
Original post by RagavanGun
Not heard anything myself. If they weren't fishing anyone out surely they would have sent the rejections by now?

I'd like to think so. Surley at least one of us Computer Scientists will be fished, it just seems so strange how none of us have yet.
Hi, this thread has been a source of huge comfort (and anguish, at times) to me since Thursday. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
I'm applying from a scottish school which has never had anyone recieve an offer, so I didn't begin the application process with too much optimism, and when I was pooled, I thought it was the beginning of the end. Completely gave up hope. But I've just been fished by Fitzwilliam for Classics, so thought I'd make this known to help with statistics. To everyone still in the pool - DON'T GIVE UP HOPE.
Reply 2636
Wow some of you guys are really depressing :rolleyes:
Reply 2637
Original post by Rabraith
I am afraid I can't agree with any of you. Our fatal letters may not be rejections only, the wait still goes on until something is definite, and our fate will not be sealed after all. If there is still hope, I think we should cheer each other up and fight till the last second for the offers we deserve. Bear with me, there might be a new route that is just opening up. I am still waiting, and I don't believe most direct offers have already been given out.

Im depressed, but thanks for the comfort dude! I apreciate it (and i really need to get on with C3 revision)
Reply 2638
Original post by Rabraith

TO MORDOR!
I don't mean to mock your comment but it needed to be done. I do like your optimism and shall wait for the letter hoping, be it rejection or not :smile:
Reply 2639
Anyone applying to read Engineering got fished? Or anyone pooled by Pembroke? I'm still waiting and I fear they might have rejected me and they're sending it via regular mail and I am hoping in vain. And if I were fished the fisherman-college would notify me, wouldn't it? Ehh, another day spent on nervous e-mail refreshing goes by :P

Latest

Trending

Trending