The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlesworth
Just a fun fact all the files of pooled applicants are taken into a big hall at Newnham where they look at them all. Found out from a sheepdog when I was at the interviews :tongue:

Good luck everyone who has been pooled, hopefully you will be fished out soon:smile:

At can take solace in the fact that I'm technically still in Newnham. :wink:
Reply 381
I just had a call from a number I didn't recognise. The salesperson on the other end selling car insurance is probably regretting ringing now. I gave him an earful of abuse after thinking it was Cambridge :colondollar:
Reply 382
Original post by ruth_1994

Pooled from Clare (didn't really like it much there anyway :P ) I thought I would feel worse about getting pooled than I do, it's the waiting that is the most annoying thing now!

Pooled from Clare too
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hr30
I just had a call from a number I didn't recognise. The salesperson on the other end selling car insurance is probably regretting ringing now. I gave him an earful of abuse after thinking it was Cambridge :colondollar:

I love your location on here. Near, but not in, Grimsby. :biggrin:
I'm about 20 minutes away from you. :hello:
Original post by hr30

Would've bought the insurance out of frustration..
Reply 385
Hey guys!

I was in your situation this time last year so i know how nervous you all may be.

I applied for Maths and was given an offer by post from another college on the 15th of Jan last year. So you may have to wait a while but don't give up hope if you don't hear immediately. For many of you it will be worth the wait in the end.

If you don't get in, I'm sure you will enjoy your time at university wherever you go and once your through your first term at uni you'll definitely wonder what all the fuss was about.

Good luck! :smile:
After seeing my email counter had gone up my heart just leapt across the room. Yahoo did not need to tell me about their new updates.
Reply 387
Original post by Visions-of-Johanna
I love your location on here. Near, but not in, Grimsby. :biggrin:
I'm about 20 minutes away from you. :hello:

Thanks! Ha, I wouldn't want to be too associated with it! Oh where? I'm about 15 mins away! :borat:
Reply 388
Original post by RechtsDerIsar
Would've bought the insurance out of frustration..

I put the phone down pretty quickly, embarrassed by my frustration and anger!
Reply 389
Original post by rostamax
Pooled from Clare too

I'm trying to stay hopeful. The first thing I was ever told at an open day at the college was that they have the best record for getting their rejectees into other colleges through the pool. It's something to cling onto... :smile:
Original post by hr30
Thanks! Ha, I wouldn't want to be too associated with it! Oh where? I'm about 15 mins away! :borat:

Barton-upon-Humber - near, but DEFINITELY not in, Hull. I like that me and Hull are seperated by a large expanse of water. :biggrin:

We're moving this year though, to a village called Rauceby which is near, but not in, Sleaford. :tongue:

15 mins away south?
Reply 391
pooled by Selwyn for Natural Sciences :redface: anyone else pooled by Selwyn for NatSci?
Reply 392
Original post by Visions-of-Johanna
Barton-upon-Humber - near, but DEFINITELY not in, Hull. I like that me and Hull are seperated by a large expanse of water. :biggrin:

We're moving this year though, to a village called Rauceby which is near, but not in, Sleaford. :tongue:

15 mins away south?

Ah I'm not far from there at all! Yes, I like to think Grimsby and I are separated by many, many things. I'm not a snob, of course! Ah, it is always good to be near, but not in, places that people know the names of. It adds a touch of mystery I do think! Sadly, due to the fact I failed Y9 Geography by reading the map upside down, I fear my judgement of north/south would be somewhat inaccurate!!:colondollar:
Original post by hr30

Lincolnshire high five!
Pooled by King's for Arch and Anth. I'm seriously hoping that I get fished out by Jesus, just so I can say to people that I was saved by Jesus!
Reply 395
all, definitely not how i'm feeling right now (still in bed - stubbornly refusing to get up ever again!) but i'm going to have a go at just a splash of positivity...

when we originally applied, there was about a 1/7 chance of getting an offer.
when we were accepted for interview, that became about 1/6
now we've been pooled, the stats go down again to about 1/4

so we're more likely to be accepted now than we were a couple of days ago, we're getting closer!

alternatively - i wish our house phone would stop ringing, i can't remember which number i put and every time i hear it ring there's a few seconds of anticipation, followed by yet more disappointment...fellow fishes - when will this end!!!
Original post by hr30
Ah I'm not far from there at all! Yes, I like to think Grimsby and I are separated by many, many things. I'm not a snob, of course! Ah, it is always good to be near, but not in, places that people know the names of. It adds a touch of mystery I do think! Sadly, due to the fact I failed Y9 Geography by reading the map upside down, I fear my judgement of north/south would be somewhat inaccurate!!:colondollar:

I, on the other hand, am unashamedly a snob and will do anything to remove myself as far away from Hull, Scunthorpe and Grimsby as possible. :rolleyes:
Did you go to school in Grimsby?

I take it you're not applying to be a Geographer then? :tongue:
Original post by teatimeallthetime
Pooled by King's for Arch and Anth. I'm seriously hoping that I get fished out by Jesus, just so I can say to people that I was saved by Jesus!

You've got a friend in Jesus...
Reply 398
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
Lincolnshire high five!

:borat:

Lincolnshire wins all. Sort of.
I'm trying to stay hopeful. The first thing I was ever told at an open day at the college was that they have the best record for getting their rejectees into other colleges through the pool. It's something to cling onto... :smile:

Which college is this? Please say Sidney Sussex, though I'm expecting it's Trinity.

Latest

Trending

Trending