The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elizabeth 1
I'm still waiting and hoping for vet med!!! The longer it goes on the less hope there is. What college were you pooled from?

Downing :smile: yourself?
Reply 1381
Original post by Glenny123
Oh good luck with that too then!! However, there is hope for everything so you never know :smile:

thanks

u applying for cambridge too?
Reply 1382
Original post by Sabi2012
In my case: I think its a bit early to firm the offer, especially given the turn of events the pool brings. I do not feel comfortable attending an all girls college, but it is what it is. Ehhh. We'll see.

I am also a north american bound applicant so rejections are far from over!

No idea on the autopool criteria, but the detailed PDF in the beginning is really helpful for some supplemental info to feed us fish :smile:

Im in the IB, by the way

Again, hang in there everyone!

Your post states you are from switzerland -

Rejections from US colleges - is that what you imply?

Goodluck with your US offers. I understand RD US offers come by around March end.
Original post by sophia,
Just got an offer for Girton!

Well done! Do you mind me asking which subject?
Original post by sun92
thanks

u applying for cambridge too?

Yes I applied to Emmanuel for English and was pooled so am just waiting to see if another college wants to take me :smile:
Reply 1385
Original post by Sabi2012
In my case: I think its a bit early to firm the offer, especially given the turn of events the pool brings. I do not feel comfortable attending an all girls college, but it is what it is. Ehhh. We'll see.

I am also a north american bound applicant so rejections are far from over!

No idea on the autopool criteria, but the detailed PDF in the beginning is really helpful for some supplemental info to feed us fish :smile:

Im in the IB, by the way

Again, hang in there everyone!

i did hear from some other girls that the girls college are quit outgoing and that they're quit a few guys close to them so it probably be okay

but good luck
Original post by sophia,

Original post by sophia,

Congratulations Can I ask did they telephone our e-mail you and what course are you doing? Many thanks
Reply 1387
Original post by sophia,
same here..

Well done on your Girton offer. (is it an offer or a reinterview)? Do you have traditional A level scores or AP/IB scores?
is it that the longer you wait the smaller the chance of being fished is? so if you were pooled with tags/strings, youre likely to have been fished already. x
Reply 1389
Original post by Glenny123
Yes I applied to Emmanuel for English and was pooled so am just waiting to see if another college wants to take me :smile:

good! i am sure you'll get in

i have met a lot who's applying for english. seems a popular subject
Original post by Minerva
They do.

I really hate to sound ungrateful- an offer at any college would be great, but I have a very strong preference between the two, what would you recommend i do? should i mention it at the interview or something?
Original post by sophia,

Original post by sophia,

Were you telephoned or e-mailed? Whats your subject. By the well well done.
Reply 1392
Original post by Angie.
Any more East Asian or AIMES studies people out there? Even at interview (the first time -_-) I didn't meet anyone else from my subject.

I also applied for Japanese (Trinity), congrats on getting another interview let's hope for the best for both of us!
Original post by floralia
Lol yes I meant for myself, I didn't know whether you'd been pooled or not. And I applied for History at Trinity Hall. Pretty sure I was either autopooled or pooled because one interview was a lot worse than the other, though, so I think if anyone was interested they would want to reinterview me, so I probably would have heard by now. But whatever, I'll get over being rejected, it's just the not knowing and waiting that sucks.

I hear you sister :smile:
Reply 1394
cambridge send the letters on the 4th right?

will they also send a email? or only if you got in?
Reply 1395
Original post by Rei_Rei
I also applied for Japanese (Trinity), congrats on getting another interview let's hope for the best for both of us!

Good luck!! Hopefully we both get in :biggrin:
Original post by Eat.Sleep.Row.Repeat.
Downing :smile: yourself?

Sidney Sussex
Reply 1397
i can feel myself going mad...
Pooled for Law at Pembroke
Really confused by the auto-pooling system, can anyone explain?
Original post by kirino1
i can feel myself going mad...

Why so serious? (Some of us have already gone mad :wink:)

Latest

Trending

Trending