The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
hiya I know someones mentioned that last year everything went quiet on sunday, but does anyone know for sure whether or not they'll still be phoning/emailing today? or will they just start again tomorrow?
Reply 1581
Original post by MrMisto
Anyone heard for NatSci / CompSci ?
If you really wish to know this, please don't clutter up the thread with posts that add nothing to the benefit of the people who have been pooled (you have not, as we have already established). Either use the search function for the thread, or check out the summary attached to the OP, which will be updated from time to time. Please don't spam the thread with pointless questions.

Original post by queeniemuah
Ha, just found out there was no one at home yesterday from 10am to 6pm :/ And my home phone doesn't record messages.

If they give us a call are they going to send us a notification email as well? Should I email Churchill (the college that pooled me) and check if someone has fished me?
No. If you have missed a call they will either try again, or will email you.

Original post by rostamax
To sum up there have been 28 offers and 29 interviews. From the TSR 2012sample (based on previous years) Minerva, does this mean that the eventual tally for TRS 2012 would be 49 offers and 32 interviews or the position as of say Monday?

If it's the eventual tally, then I am presuming that 50% of the interviews already reported on TSR 2012 will be converted into offers (based on stats that the 1 in 2 interviews turn into offers). If the sample were representative, the 29 will change into say 13 offers (some people have more one than interview, so have knocked off 1.5), giving 41 from the TSR 2012.

Statistically, 8 places are still up for grabs for the rest of TSR 2012 (and some more interviews). Does this sound right :confused::confused:

I know I am trying to read so much into these stats - it's a hope thing :smile::smile:

Please if you haven't posed yet, but are reading this thread and using the information, do post your current pooling position so that we can make this a more relevant reflection of the pool :smile:

Going to try to make this my last post of the day. As mentioned earlier, Sunday on 2011 TSR had little Cambridge activity; telling myself I need to focus on revision and make sure I get the grades I need for my other unis offers (Kings, Warwick and Durham (Law), waiting for UCL). People think I am nuts obsessing over this - I think I probably am :s-smilie: I know you all understand because we are in the same place (I was going to say lifeboat - I wish...).

Laters :smile: :smile:
My estimate of the number of direct offers is based on the number of people who have posted so far - and yes, you are right about the average 'conversion' from interviews to places (by the way, my numbers were for people not interviews). So I would expect another 20 direct offers at least to be made to the existing TSR poolees. That number will go up as the number of poolees goes up. The offers achieved after interview are not included in that total. Overall, for a cohort of 220 TSR poolees, I would expect to see around 65 offers.

I'm working on an update but am short of time this morning!
Reply 1582
Thanks Minerva - you are keeping me sane. So much for no more posts. This is my last coffee and read before heading back to my books.
BTW do you get a chance to have a life outside TSR in pooling week?? :wink:
Original post by v2p
You've got to remember that the stats Minerva has posted about, are just about people from TSR. So Minerva is expecting 49 offers and 32 interviews from people on TSR.

Original post by rostamax
Statistically, 8 places are still up for grabs for the rest of TSR 2012 (and some more interviews). Does this sound right :confused::confused:

I'd say the stats aren't quite as ominous as that :tongue: They're based on the current number of fishes in this thread on TSR (I imagine by multiplying the number of fishes by a percentage) so as more people join the thread, the number of expected offers/interview invitations goes up also. Remember how only yesterday morning, the number of expected offers was only 28 and interviews 19 (or something like that)?

If I remember correctly (I can't be bothered going back to check) we have yet to pass the mark of 300 applicants. I imagine more people will join us on Monday when the final people receive their letters, and even later as more people discover this thread.

So keep swimming, everyone! :smile:
Reply 1584
Still nothing for anyone from PPS. Pretty much given up all hope planning my live at UCL, not a bad substitute :wink:
Reply 1585
Not sure if this is answered before but are medics only pooled to A, B and S categories?
pooled by clare for land economy, no news yet
Reply 1587
Original post by missccify
We applied to the same college for the same subject. Well done!!! But I can't help but think I've been rejected now since I've heard nothing. If you don't mind me asking, what were your UMS? and how were your interviews do you think? I need any hope I can get here :frown:

My interviews, honestly, felt like they went appaulingly; I didn't think I'd said anything clever, n the guy in the second one ended it early cus it was going so crap. After i got the pool letter, i thought it was basically a pre-rejection. UMS, erm, for my language, 96/100, for my 2 other full A-levels, 86/100 and 87/100 I think. Then another AS was 76/100, and extended project full marks. Sorry thats what i remember them being, I can't find the sheet. Hope things go how you want them to!
a friend just got an email for homerton law re-interview. :/
Reply 1589
Original post by mfmdanny
So, have any Computer Scientists heard yet?

Nope! :confused: Kind of odd....
Reply 1590
I still haven't heard anything, and the English re-interviews are on Thursday. What do?
Original post by randomirror
I've been pooled by Trinity Hall for Music. I'm not sure what this means about choral awards, as Trinity Hall was 3rd on my choral preference list, and as I was interviewed there I inferred that I had got the scholarship. Does anyone know what happens to Choral awards when pooled? I assume that if I did get it at Tit Hall, it's now been voided by the pooling :s-smilie:

Hi there, Jono987 and I were asking similar questions earlier on in the thread:
Originally Posted by Jono987
Hey, I applied for a choral scholarship to Trinity, and then had a mini pool to Selwyn (my second choice) and my academic interview was there. I've now been pooled, but there's no mention anywhere of a choral scholarship...so if I get fished is my scholarship at Selwyn?
Thanks!

And had this reply:

theoretically, no matter where you end up academically, your choral scholarship should be at Selwyn. SOMETIMES it may not work out this way for one reason or another, but it does 95% of the time, so I'm pretty sure your scholarship will stay at Selwyn. (I have loads of friends who live and study at one college, but trek to another to sing there) Good luck with getting fished!

So basically the general consensus seems that your scholarship stays at the college you were awarded, but if fished you'll belong to a different college academically, e.g. I was awarded a choral scholarship at Clare (hopefully!), but if I get fished by another college e.g. Homerton, i'll live there but travel to Clare to sing there.

Hope this helps and good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1592
Fingers crossed for you guys, I know how you feel.
I was pooled by Emma for engineering and fished by Fitzwilliam for reinterview, got a deferred offer (moved my interview date cos of modular exams so no more places were left in that year) doing YiNi now in Cambridge. Feel free to ask any questions. Hopefully see you in October 2012 :wink:
Reply 1593
Hi,
Does any have any idea why my application was no longer considered by Cambridge, according to the decision letter seen in the UCAS Track, despite the fact that I got my AS: Physics - 100, Chemistry - 94, Math - 97 or A-level Math 94 (taken in Form 6) or an average of 97% or 96%? there's no mentioning about the pool at all, though I believe it's mandatory to include me in the pool by the university's standard!
Or because I'm international?

Anyone, please.

Parito
Original post by Luccy.
Still nothing for anyone from PPS. Pretty much given up all hope planning my live at UCL, not a bad substitute :wink:

Where did you apply for originally? I've got an interview with Robinson on Saturday. Don't give up hope because people still receive phone calls on Sundays.
Reply 1595
Original post by z0tx
Universities have different policies regarding this type of application. If you're talking about Oxbridge, Cambridge is a definite no (they say so on their website), Oxford don't mind and have been known to give offers to such applicants.

auch..............

but i don't think oxford will be happy with an ex-cambridge applicant will they??

can you tell me where on the website it is? i should really figure this out if i don't get an offer
Reply 1596
Original post by Ajka
Fingers crossed for you guys, I know how you feel.
I was pooled by Emma for engineering and fished by Fitzwilliam for reinterview, got a deferred offer (moved my interview date cos of modular exams so no more places were left in that year) doing YiNi now in Cambridge. Feel free to ask any questions. Hopefully see you in October 2012 :wink:

congratulations

how does the deferred offer works actually?
Reply 1597
Original post by nma1994
don't be afraid, I am a non uk applicant as well, my letter hasn't arrived yet but I emailed my original college and they have sent me the decision letter through email ! You should do the same!

where are u??

thanks this really calms me.

i am afraid to email them, it would be quite embarrassing if i don't get in. and that is highly likely
Original post by leezee
hey, did you get a rejection after your pooling letter? I thought they are only allowed to send out final decisions at the end of January...

yeah, I was pooled by King's for history. I got my pool letter on the 5th, got rejected on the 6th. The pool closed on the 6th, so I guess all the colleges know who got rejected.
Original post by parito
Hi,
Does any have any idea why my application was no longer considered by Cambridge, according to the decision letter seen in the UCAS Track, despite the fact that I got my AS: Physics - 100, Chemistry - 94, Math - 97 or A-level Math 94 (taken in Form 6) or an average of 97% or 96%? there's no mentioning about the pool at all, though I believe it's mandatory to include me in the pool by the university's standard!
Or because I'm international?

Anyone, please.

Parito

Hi Parito, what subject did you apply for? Because Cambridge don't autopool for maths or medicine applicants due to the number of applicants who get over 94%. Hope this helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending